Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Cross-play

(PSN)KrazyT101

I would like to start off by apologizing if I’m not using standard fourm etiquette, this is my first time using them and for whatever reason, all the text is in Spanish, which I cannot read. Anyway, Sony is finally beginning to loosen cross-play restrictions and in a fairly major way. Basically, all the backlash about Sony not allowing cross-saves for Fortnite has pushed them to, in the near future, support not only cross-saves but also cross-play and, if it goes well — which it undoubtedly will — will begin looking for other games to add this to. If I can figure out how to edit this I’ll put the official story here.

(https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/26/extended-fortnite-cross-play-beta-launches-on-ps4-starting-today/)

When this happens will DE push to add cross-platform play into Warframe; perhaps add in a limited time account merger or transfer like you did in the past for the release of the of the console versions of Warframe? If so, would the Switch also be added into the cross-play/save system?

Edited by (PS4)KrazyT101

Sony has announced in their blog that they are basically yielding to the community's requests for crossplay. 
Of course behind the scenes they haave bean-counted and figured it was to their advantage. 

The current announcement told specifically that crossplay and cross-save got the greenlight, but that there would be a beta testing period, and initially it would be for Fortnite. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/fortnite-ps4-cross-play-playstation-consoles-sony-announcement-latest-a8555926.html

"The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems. We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation, while being mindful about the user experience from both a technical and social perspective."

Now, Warframe is a game that would benefit from crossplay just like Fortnite does, but would benefit even more from cross-progression.

People don't want to grind twice!

PEOPLE. DON'T. WANT. TO. GRIND. TWICE.

Cross progress is more important than crossplay, especially on a grindy PvE like Warframe. 

I want to jump on to the Switch, and certainly will appreciate playing Warframe on my Spider-Man Simulator hardware (AKA PS4) which is due on december.

But you must make cross-progress happen.

Pretty please?

Just now, (PS4)manaka421 said:

Again i apologize for the triple post just got a little carried away

About what?
If you want to talk about Fortnite, then do that on another forum, but not the Warframe one.

As I said, Warframe won't get crossplay because of that, and because the cert-process will not change.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Does this mean I can copy my PS4 account to switch? I love the idea of Warframe on the go but not the idea of starting from scratch.

This will never happen. You are a customer of Sony. Sony won't let you go.
If you want to play on Switch, go and make an account for the Switch.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

This will never happen. You are a customer of Sony. Sony won't let you go.
If you want to play on Switch, go and make an account for the Switch.

Wake up and smell the roses. Sony is explicit that it is starting off with Fortnite, but it will be allowed for other titles. It came in their announcement.