Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What’s been your most difficult Riven Mod task so far?

(PSN)ChiefDevilEggs

3 часа назад, (PS4)Cargan2016 сказал:

just got what has to be most pain in arse challenge off a transmute.   Solo a lvl 30+ interception mission while having hobbled dragon key equipped and cannot go down or die 

This one isn't really difficult. I have two rivens with this task now - just didn't have time to go and unveil. Will do it today.

Honestly, all rivens aren't REALLY difficult if you choose appropriate frame, weapons and mission. I don't like the ones with tasks taking too long to complete - like killing animals with fishing spear (hard to find targets) or finding N syndicate medallions.

11 hours ago, Kahrain said:

The 2 that still eat at me:

Do a level 30+ defense mission without the objective taking damage solo. (I'm thinking Gara and Infested for this)

Do a level 30+ survival without killing anything solo. (It's not me killing them, it's Carrier!)

I have cheese strats for most of the others I've had, but these are a chore and a half.

Think Limbo & Ivara, and do it on Eris.

Limbo can get a 70-80 second bubble up (build for any longer and your bubble radius will become too small), and you can use a gas-cloud anti-infested Torid & a spin + range melee to dispatch enemies effectively. Just remember to pop and recast Cataclysm at the start of every wave (so you have time to kill everything while the bubble is up). And that Stasis need to be recast...  and that a smaller bubble is better for this (with ideal melee & bubble range you can spin around in the middle killing all the frozen enemies, then go out and drop the few remaining Moas & Ancients)...

Ivara just needs max duration & speed, but Looter+Vacuum helps (using Carrier). Just remove the gun from your sentinel, tank up on energy at the start and roll around like crazy opening containers until you can extract.

12 hours ago, (PS4)ChiefDevilEggs said:

Indeed, I’ve had worse, but this is the one I’m simply stuck on, how’d you get it done if I may ask?? 😄

when u are in the POE, get loki max duration (invisibility 36 sec)

Go to your left, there is a base and a lake. check where you can find a stone to scan

better do it at night

Step 1- throw in the lake the luminating thing to see clearly the fish

when u see it, go invisible. catch the fish

step 2- since you are standing on the rock u need to scan, do it quickly

step 3- point your weapon to the camp and spray it. you only need to hit one

all this can be done in 25 sec

if will help to have prisma shade . and as i said do it at night. less chance to be detected, better chance to see the fish and the stone to scan

For the survival mission without killing you can take a health regenerating frame (Nidus) with a healing (med-ray, sacrifice...) sentinel like Carrier (tanky) or Djinn (immortal)  and eventually equip a healing aura and some healing gear.

If you modded Nidus with Rage and Quick Thinking the ennemies cant take you down if you move a little.

Deadpool-style :D.

For the defense mission without damage to the target i wonder if a first round on Hydron wouldn't make it.

The 5 firsts waves are easy and players on Hydron eliminate ennemies pretty fast so even without a valid barrier they dont have time to damage the target.

Kill Condrocs are no challenge with a hitscan sniper on plains. Just zoom on some moving spots in the sky...

This type of weapons is also better for the fish/ore/kill challenge because even if you dont have a ennemy close to you you can shoot something from afar.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

By and large I would say the only thing right about rivens is the unlocking challenge. I like the way that alost every one can either be done by brute force and ignorance; or you can sit and work it out and plan an easy way.

The only one I have had problems with that I cant get past having just good luck is the 3 head shots in one aim glide and its derivatives. I know there are things you can do to make this easier, but in the end the head shots just boil down to an element of luck when you are 50 years old and dont have the reflexes needed for a challenge like this  

On 2018-09-28 at 10:26 AM, HansLuft778 said:

This kind of challenge Is fine for me. The most annoying riven for me is the "kill 3 condrocs within 5 seconds" - even the challenge sounds easy it is hard to find 3 condrocs in a group. 

This. And the condrocs that always spawn don't count. I'm gonna sell this one unveiled if I can't do it with Amprex.

5 часов назад, SgtHotPepper сказал:

For the survival mission without killing you can take a health regenerating frame (Nidus) with a healing (med-ray, sacrifice...) sentinel like Carrier (tanky) or Djinn (immortal)  and eventually equip a healing aura and some healing gear.

What for? Ivara or Loki - best ones. No one can kill you, if no one can see you ^_^

il y a 6 minutes, ImmortalPony a dit :

What for? Ivara or Loki - best ones. No one can kill you, if no one can see you ^_^

Right.

But it's funnier to look at  mobs who try to rip your flesh off and cant do it fast enough because you regenerate.

Im actually in the Deadpool/Nidus "dont care of damage" delirium...😄

On 2018-09-28 at 7:52 AM, krc473 said:

Honestly: trying to sell the ones I do not want.

To unlock one though: killing some PoE thing while downed. (when you needed to be solo even though it did not say...)

Same here. Managed to obtain & unlock 4 rivens so far...all of them useless to me. Spent nearly 15 minutes in Maroo's Bazaar, trying to offload them...no luck.

Last one was the toughest...had to kill 7 un-alerted Tusk Ballistas with head shots. Meant I had to sneak around the plains with my Vectis, looking for guard towers and hoping the blighters didn't move at the last second when I took my shot. Killed quite a few with hits elsewhere.

My most difficult ever were 13 and 15 Headshots in one Aim Glide, about 1-2 months after their introduction to the game.I still can't remember how I did those, but it was one Hel of a pain. 

Le 01/10/2018 à 02:02, (PS4)Cargan2016 a dit :

just got what has to be most pain in arse challenge off a transmute.   Solo a lvl 30+ interception mission while having hobbled dragon key equipped and cannot go down or die

That's actualy pretty easy. Just use a Slova on Xini (Eris) and cast MP from time to time. I've done it this way 5-6 times and never failed. You don't even need any specific weapon as long as you have a Slova. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16