Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What’s been your most difficult Riven Mod task so far?

(PSN)ChiefDevilEggs

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

Kill 3 dargyn pilots while aim gliding or kill 3 dargyn pilots while sliding.  The only ones I gave up on.  Everything else is doable with the right frame, weapon and location

Was doing the one with sliding. Was my hardest so far. Thing is you need to kill the dargyn first and then the pilot...also some abbilities just kill the pilot which does not count.

Did it with Mag. Shot the dragyn with Lex, start sliding and casted high rsnge and strength Pull.

10 hours ago, HansLuft778 said:

This kind of challenge Is fine for me. The most annoying riven for me is the "kill 3 condrocs within 5 seconds" - even the challenge sounds easy it is hard to find 3 condrocs in a group. 

go to windmill in archwing ( to the left coast when you come out the door )and kill the ones flying 🙂

4 hours ago, (PS4)ChiefDevilEggs said:

Loki? 🙂

I wish.

Trouble is, enemies in the plains always go around in a group. Killing one will usually alert the others, even if you are invisible - they just have to see their friend die to be alerted.  And I think that's enough to fail the Riven.

13 hours ago, Arcira said:

"Kill 30 Enemies while wall latch without setting alert"

Lua crossfire exterminate.  I used ivara efficiency build.  Plenty of enemies everywhere even in solo.  Wall latch kill a few then reposition wall latch kill a few etc.  As long as you stay invisible they won't get alerted to you just each other since ther already at war.  U can do it without touching the ground with a little practice if your riven demands it.

On 2018-09-28 at 6:55 PM, HansLuft778 said:

Is it important to be in the Archwing? I mean, as I wasn't in the AW it didn't count.

when I had this  riven i went around poe and couldnt find any  so I went into archwing mode flew around and see loads flying around the windmill  chased and shot 3 in 5 secs and completed riven

Hardest one I've had so far was something like 5 headshots in a single aimglide, still didn't take that long but there wasn't an easy solution to it other than keep trying to gather/line everything up until it worked.

The 3 conrocs in 5 seconds one is actually pretty easy with the right strategy.

Go in with a stealth frame and find one of those bunches of 3 grounded conrocs (rare random spawn but always spawns in groups of 3), now attach Talon/Castanas to them while they are unaware (this will not alert them) and then switch to something loud and scare them off.  Then just detonate the bombs.

And the Dargyn pilots just need to be in the air for the 'before they hit the ground' riven.  You can send them back up with Nidus/Titania/ect. and it'll still count.

Edited by Ailyene

On 2018-09-28 at 4:29 AM, Atheeas said:

"Perform a synthesis without taking damage or using abilities with Hobbled Dragon Key equipped".
Got this one a couple of times, took me lots of attempts and patience to complete. Thank goodness I didn't have to do it solo.

I literally have this one right now, for a Pistol Riven, I took one look and said, " Well, that seems like a task for another day."

The 2 that still eat at me:

Do a level 30+ defense mission without the objective taking damage solo. (I'm thinking Gara and Infested for this)

Do a level 30+ survival without killing anything solo. (It's not me killing them, it's Carrier!)

I have cheese strats for most of the others I've had, but these are a chore and a half.

58 минут назад, Kahrain сказал:

Do a level 30+ defense mission without the objective taking damage solo. (I'm thinking Gara and Infested for this)

Do a level 30+ survival without killing anything solo. (It's not me killing them, it's Carrier!)

For the first one - Limbo is the best option. Large sphere and stasis, mission with Infesed enemies. Gara is good too, but you'll have a chance to fail if one of Infested MOAs hits the objective with ranged attack (they can do it through Gara's wall).

For the second one - invisible frame (Loki or Ivara; Ivara is better)... and take off the Carrier's gun.

"19 kills from wall latching without setting off an alarm while having an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped."   This one's written as a lie because "setting off an alarm" counts anything that makes enemies auto-aggro, like nearing Capture targets.  Heck, alerted enemies won't even count!

That one was tedious as hell.  I did Crossfire Exterminate like people suggested, but the groups kept killing each other before I could round them up.  So I took my Ivara to Lua Mobile Defense, didn't trigger a computer, and spent about 15 minutes and a bunch of energy pizzas tediously trying to round up the required enemies, who kept getting stuck or ignoring my Noise Arrows, before I finally blew up a big enough group with a silenced Kulstar. 

Other ones that are irritating?

"Headshots in an aim glide" is annoying, but aim glide modded Harrow apparently worked.  I, however, used Zephyr and charged her 1 up, as she gets a lot of extra air time that counts.  The real pain of this one is the aim glide camera is irritating as your warframe gets in the way, so I ended up using a sniper rifle for these.

"Kill Vush turrets in Archwing without taking a status effect" is tedious since accidentally bumping the ground counts and you can't just Iron Skin this one.  Snipers make it doable though.

"Anything involving PoE animal spanws"  RNG.  That is all.

"Complete a survival without killing anything" is easier than it sounds.  You only need to go 5 minutes.  I took a Trinity and an unarmed Sentinel to these.  Go to a valid survival map and just focus on looting and popping life support while Energy Vamping healthy enemies so you can Bless yourself.  Just don't use Link since it'll eventually kill stuff.

"Complete a defense with the objective taking zero damage" is one I did with a Frost.  May not have been the best pick, but it worked against Corpus.  Grineer might have been a better idea because they don't spawn Bursas, but they have more melee guys and teleporting melee dudes so... dunno.  Spawning into a map where the objective isn't open to all sides helps A LOT since all it takes is for an enemy to sneeze on the objective for this one to fail.  This one might be really easy if you can find three of those players who are hellbent on chasing enemies to their spawn points to kill off most of the attackers for you.

Edited by Hearsay