Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Azima, Zenistar and Zenith Should be the Same Power Tier

DrBorris

Especially now that they are the same level of reward. They are in direct competition with each other, Azima is no longer the "new player" login reward. As it stands now, Zenith and Zenistar are great weapons, Azima though... it is not only 'meh' in regards to its primary fire, but its secondary fire is also basically a waste of ammo.

A buff to 25% status and 25% crit chance (up from 16%/16%) would bring it up to at least the mid-high tier of secondary weapons (a little below Prisma Twin Gremlins). Then maybe for the alt fire, rather than have the bullet streams blindly rotate, have them auto-target up to 4(?) enemies in range.

It would by no means make Azima the new power creep, but it would give it a niche and more consistent play in higher level content. Keep in mind that Zenistar is in a league of its own in the melee category, and Zenith is "better Braton Prime" combined with "better Latron Prime".

And before someone says the 'R' word, let me remind you...

On 2016-11-14 at 6:04 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe content will not be balanced around Riven Mods, but Riven Mods will be balanced within their own ecosystem.

11 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Then maybe for the alt fire, rather than have the bullet streams blindly rotate, have them auto-target up to 4(?) enemies in range.

"Deploying a Sentry!"

This actually sounds like an amazing idea. I don't know about the Stat bumps, but making the Secondary seek out targets from its position and not wasting your ammo just shooting at the wall would be a HUGE buff for it and I'd consider bringing it out of the closet for that bit alone.

39 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

As long as it retains it's 5 points disposition. That thing mows anything down no matter it's level.

So, you would rather have a weapon be 'bad' at base and be good with a high disposition Riven than have a weapon be 'good' at base and only have like a 2-3 star disposition?

In other words, you want Rivens to determine weapon balance and not vice versa?

*cough*

On 2016-11-14 at 6:04 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe content will not be balanced around Riven Mods, but Riven Mods will be balanced within their own ecosystem.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb DrBorris:

So, you would rather have a weapon be 'bad' at base and be good with a high disposition Riven than have a weapon be 'good' at base and only have like a 2-3 star disposition?

*cough*

Too late for that. Dispositions need to change as soon as a primed weapon gets it stats presented - in the case of the Gram for example.

As for the Azima:

The base weapon is good enough for a low MR weapon. No recoil high fire rate and with crit mods good damage - enough for anything up to level 1 Sorties. Of course it's no Stiletto Prime.

With a Riven, it then gets fully Sortie viable.

Edited by bubbabenali
Edit

Le 08/10/2018 à 23:35, DrBorris a dit :

*cough*

This is not what he wants, this is already what we got, Riven helps balancing older/weaker weapons. It wouldn't work the other way cause Warframe has way too many different weapons, and balancing all of these will never happen without rivens.

There aren't many solutions though. Creating different rivens - with lower disposition - for prime versions (no more power creep and broken weapons) which would be the simpliest solution. Now it's too late but prime weapons could have worked without rivens (with enough buff i guess), so Rivens would be only useful to use oldest and weakest weapons. Nerfing rivens for newest prime weapons but this would mean the older version wouldn't be viable anymore - not much interesting.

4 hours ago, 000l000 said:

There aren't many solutions though. Creating different rivens - with lower disposition - for prime versions (no more power creep and broken weapons) which would be the simpliest solution. Now it's too late but prime weapons could have worked without rivens (with enough buff i guess), so Rivens would be only useful to use oldest and weakest weapons. Nerfing rivens for newest prime weapons but this would mean the older version wouldn't be viable anymore - not much interesting.

If I remember correctly, the game actually does store separate dispositions for Prime weapons and variants, it just currently sets them to the same as their regular versions. So imo the actual simplest solution would be to change the disposition of the Primes and have the riven change stat values depending on which variant it was equipped on. For example a Gram riven would have 5/5 stats on a regular Gram and 2/5 for Gram Prime.

OP I'm fairly certain the three aren't the same "tier", because the after you get one of them then the fourth weapon (is that sigma and octantis? I don't even have the Zenith yet so can't remember) will also be an option. Wouldn't that, then, make all of the weapons the same.tier since it is possible they show up in any combination?

Not saying anything about the weapon's power on it's on, just their relation to each other

Edited by Julian_Skies