Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scaling Rewards Please!

CraigTheWonderer

I highly doubt I'm the first person to suggest this but if I'm in an hour long mission or two hours or More, wouldn't it incentivise me more to have a greater reward? For example Kuva, you can just run the mission for 30 minutes 4 times and get the same amount as a teo hour run. No scaling. If however, you increased the amount of Kuva released by each capsule then there's a reason to stay there. I'm not even talking that much, just like 10 extra Kuva per capsule. So if you pop 10 by the 11th youre getting an extra 100 Kuva.

Obviously this could be done for Endo, relics, resources in defense, survival, excavations and even the dreaded defections. Instead of rotations that come back around then drop the big stuff in later. 

I'm not saying lock certain relics or parts behind the 1 hour mark I'm just saying increase the chances for X relic to drop over time.

I'm guessing this is just adding to a growing number of voices.

12 minutes ago, CraigTheWonderer said:

I'm guessing this is just adding to a growing number of voices.

It is. But DE has already stated that it wont happen. Regardless of how many people want it, DE has no intention of doing it. 

DE's desire is for missions to be "bite-sized". Scaling rewards does not fit with this, as it encourages people to play longer. Currently, we have no incentive to stay past rotation C (in terms of rewards). It is just for fun.

• I would prefer scaling rewards. But DE is adamant it is not happening.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb krc473:

How much do the rewards improve? How much better are the prime parts at rotation 19 compared to say one? 

Are you really denying that rewards in endless fissures improve with time? You realize you don't only get the stuff from the relics?

7 minutes ago, W3zeer said:

Are you really denying that rewards in endless fissures improve with time?

Two points:

1. How much do the rewards improve. I.e. everything.
  2. Is there a significantly increased chance of rare drops occurring on relics?

I do not know where you got that I was denying anything from. I never said it, or anything to that affect. I am aware of some scaling here.

Anyway, that is irrelevant. The point of the thread is "all/most missions", not just fissures. 

Gerade eben schrieb krc473:

Two points:

1. How much do the rewards improve. I.e. everything.
  2. Is there a significantly increased chance of rare drops occurring on relics?

I do not know where you got that I was denying anything from. I never said it, or anything to that affect. I am aware of some scaling here.

Anyway, that is irrelevant. The point of the thread is "all/most missions", not just fissures. 

The boosters are indeed quite significant but i guess you could argue that they're of no use to you personally. You compared the relic reward from reward one to reward 19, which does indeed imply equality and thus no scaling at all. Ofc I did not think you were honestly unaware of the scaling secondary rewards but your implication was intentionally misleading. And it's not irrelevant at all, because this is a clear aberration from the "no scaling at all" attempt. Not to sound overly hostile here, but only because DE said something does not mean that that's a good reason or that's what's really going to happen at all times. There have been plenty of occasions in which DE reversed a decision or went contrary to a previous statement so this discussion is not not useless.

The OP is definitely not the first to suggest this, but it is nonetheless a suggestion I think is worth making and repeating, if only to show DE that there is a demand for this. I can understand the intent of making missions "bite-sized", but that completely undermines the concept of endless missions, which as their name suggests can be theoretically played endlessly. The fact that there are also players who genuinely enjoy endurance runs I think also means that, if there's a way to cater to these people without forcing anyone else to stay for longer than they'd like, doing so would be of pure benefit to the game. Here are my thoughts on endless missions in general:

• First off, I agree that we need scaling rewards with the current model, and my suggestion would be to have a multiplier per cycle. The first AABC cycle could grant one reward per rotation, the second could grant two, and so on. Players who complete endurance runs would thus be rewarded proportionately for the time and effort they put in.
  • Second, I think we need individual extraction, at least for public games. Perhaps invite-only and friends-only games should have players stay in the same group even after they extract, but I think in public missions, the moment one player wants to extract, they should be able to do so immediately, without having to wait for everyone else. Players can already sort of do this in the Plains of Eidolon by leaving their group while in the Plains, and I think there isn't really that strong an argument against having players in public games automatically extract and leave their group once the option is available, particularly since players often disband immediately after the mission anyway.
  • Third, we need significant improvements to enemy spawns and mission conditions based on the number of players in a mission. Right now, soloing a lot of content is severely frustrating, because enemy spawns there are not in any way calibrated to the mission condition: in Excavation, for example, often there will be so few power cell carriers being spawned that extractors end up halting multiple times for extended periods of time, even when collecting and using every cell. In Survival, reduced enemy spawns means that fewer life support refills drop, but having the exact same drain as with 4-person groups means that solo players are punished significantly more even when playing well. We need dynamic difficulty adjustment based on the number of players in a mission, as is already the case with Interception (fewer players automatically means players can capture towers faster), and that difficulty should adjust in such a way that playing solo should be just as challenging as playing with a full team, and not have in-mission progression stop simply because some condition isn't balanced properly around a smaller number of players.

The general idea here, in addition to better rewarding players for engaging in endurance runs, is to create an environment in which players wouldn't interfere with each other if they have different expectations from the same mission: if a player wants to leave immediately, they should be able to do so without getting held hostage by a teammate. Conversely, if a player wants to stay in a mission for longer, whether it be to explore, or go the distance in an endless mission, they too should be able to do so without getting yanked out of the mission by their team, and without getting screwed over by the game's own internal balancing. With this framework, players with vastly different desires for how long they'd want to stay in a mission could play together, and each could leave whenever they'd want without going against the other. Players would be able to go for bite-sized content and endurance runs as they'd like, and these players could even play together with no negative consequences.

I do believe the best you're going to get is with elite alerts rotation going ABCCC and then C forever.

The thing about giving ANYTHING better rewards is that it makes players flock to that, and punishes the players that don't do that thing by locking them out of said rewards or making then require more time. That's acceptable in a lot times, particularly when the gate is "skill" in the game, whatever that is. But something like time spent in a single mission is dangerous, it CAN lead easily to unhealthy behavior and our endless missions DON'T have a way to smoothly cycle party members, so you can't quit it early without generating undue stress.