Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players - The Orokin Cell grind Wall is getting out of hand.

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

First of all, disclaimer. if you're a five year vet, you probably will not see the problem here... You've been earning cells slowly over years of playing the game, and getting new primes slowly, as they kept being released. You probably have 100/400 of them as we speak in your inventory, and will think I'm whining for the sake of whining.

That said, nowadays, for anyone jumping into the game, there is an outright ridiculous grind wall in terms of Orokin Cells.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, let's look at some of the numbers :

* There is currently at least 80 existing prime items.

* On average, most of these prime weapons require 10-15 orokin cells, with some of the newer primes costing even more.

* Most of the important stuff in the game requires orokin cells (forma, catalysts, reactors, exilus, etc , etc).

* Pretty much all the alternate helmets also require orokin cells.

* Orokin Cells are a rare ressource only found on a couple of planets. 90% of the starchart will not give you any, unless you specifically go to the correct spot to grind them.

* While for a couple of years, the main leveling spot was on Draco Ceres (a node that dropped orokin cells), nowadays there aren't really any popular nodes for leveling on planets that drop cells (low level planets with very few interesting rewards asides from cells, basically).

* On average, when doing missions on planets where cells drop, you usually get 1-2 on average per short mission... Even when doing an effective farming, it's highly unlikely you will a decent quantiy to get any primes build anytime fast.

* Orokin cells are ridiculously expensive to buy as a ressource in the market... Nobody in their right mind would buy 15 of them for a single melee weapon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you start adding up the amount of cells you need to build everything, it quickly gets ridiculous... A conservative number would be 800-900 as of today, based on what I've seen. This makes it extremely tedious for anyone to grind their way to a high mastery rank and work on their Prime Collection.

This creates frustration ,as new player will buy platinum from you , then use websites like Warframe Market to track down and complete all these cool prime sets (vaulted or not), yet are then unable to build them since each single weapon requires 10 to 15 Orokin cells....

Forcing them to do tedious stuff like running sargas ruk 25 times in a row hoping to get enough cells for a single prime item. It's exactly what happened to my alternate PC account... I have the vast majority of the prime sets ready to build, I just can't bring myelf to grind for weeks getting orokin cells.

In the end, this adds considerably to the percieved grindy nature of the game. The fact you have to grind for the relics, then grind for the traces, then grind for the right part, then grind for the cells to build said prime, then level it, then forma it, makes it a very tedious gameplay loop that can't be bypassed by plat purchases.

Suggestions :

* Make orokin cells less rare.

* Make them available on all planets.

* Perhaps stop charging 10/15/20 cells for a single item. It's a rare ressource only available on a few planets.. You don't ask for 15 neural sensors , why do this for orokin cells ?

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Make orokin cells less rare.

I haven't been able to find a posted drop table rate for O Cells on planets or as a resource spawn. It seems to be as rare as argon in the void, which is never needed more than 4 per item. Grabbing a nekros and desecrating with a hydroid feels very inefficient in comparison to other rare resources such as gallium, morphics, tellurium, and control modules.

I've tried distilling extractors for the past couple of weeks and found 1 drop of 4 O cells. I was running a distilling extractor on Saturn and Ceres each time and have probably cycled the extractors about 15-20 times.

I got past the O Cell wall during the POE twitch drop campaign, but since then I've bleed that supply dry and the grind for that 1 resource is awful for far too many items. Thanks for posting this, and I hope it gets more attention.

I never considered prime items to be things newer players should aim to get right away. I mean, sure, they are free to do whatever they want, but not everything should be available immediately from the start. And it's not like you would craft all the primes at the same time. 800 orokin cells sounds ridiculous, but when you break it down, the most expensive primes require 15 orokin cells, which is not a lot.

This is also why you see many veteran players complain nowadays – because they feel DE takes away all the things they were grinding for.

Even when i was new i never really had a problem with O cells, solely because i leveled up my gear on Bode Ceres, a spy mission, and would easily get 3-4 O cells per run without a booster. Do note that i explored the entire map and broke every container though, but it only took me ~10 minutes to complete a run.

Justo ahora, Genitive dijo:

This is also why you see many veteran players complain nowadays – because they feel DE takes away all the things they were grinding for.

I think what you want to say is "Gives Away", but yeah, some veterans take it seriously and get pissed off.

Others (like myself), don't care xD

Most bosses have a 2.58% chance of dropping an Orokin Cell but Corrupted Vor has a 50% chance. 

Personally, I think lockers and containers are the secret to getting rare resources as I seem to get as many in a solo Capture as other people claim to get spending 3 times as long in a Survival with Nekros/Hydroid.

I can offer some wisdom being on of those players who's been faaaaaar from needing anything like Orokin Cells for a while now. Like @Lewtenant stated they can seem as rare as Argon Crystals at times ... but far from an accurate comparison ... but like @AndouRaiton mentioned Ceres is honestly the best place to look for them ... but i mean actually looking ... most missions can spawn a Cell Array or two. The Wiki not being very far off either ... Gabii and Exta on Ceres are two of the best and easiest places to look based on my personal observation.

Maybe DE will read your post and admit you're right ... when it comes to keeping players in the game, the grind for resources can be very off-putting ... almost enough for people to leave ... but the game doesn't give you everything, and like the players that have thousands of Cells or have played over 5 years ... well i'd say it's well earned.

if new players just do one simple thing O-cells, gallium, nitain kuva or any hard to get resource and creds should be easy to get if they "pay attention to detail" wants gallium>> level your gears on mars endurance nodes for a few days..

want Ocells, do the same on Saturn, you don't even need special setup/gears to do this.

take advantage of login boosters when you get it and don't follow the meta of leveling on hydron or where everyone and their granma goes.just remember to K.I.S.S, keep it stupid simple.

you guys just sound lazy honestly..

i am a new player and saw no issue having to wait for it.. farm for something... in a grind game..

Edit: Prime Gear is Mastery locked so NEW players as you say wont even have access to a large pool of prime gear which means...

they aren't making everything. they are making what they can as they play the game and based on that its a very reasonable time frame. also orokin cell is pretty much the only resource that isnt super easy to farm. 

people need to stop demanding handouts for everything 

EDIT 2: if you knew the lore of the game you would know that OROKIN cell is the technology for prime gear so obviously items of orokin origin will need a fair amount. just like in any other game we sometimes require rare resources . in fact warframe is pretty generous with their numbers when it comes to materials requirements i actually wouldnt mind if they required more because then people would be playing more 😛 or at least farming more. 

Edited by Makunogo

I am not sure about how rare it is, since I play on saturn a lot and as long as you are diligently playing
chances are 4 - 6 cells per run.

If you are really short  put on loot detector mod and find the cell container.
relying drop from enemies is really kind of dumb when some are just laying around.

watch out for these to crack open on mission, 1 - 2 drop at least, sometime you come accross 2 - 3 of these and 
4 - 6 is what you get on top of enemy drops.
maxresdefault.jpg