Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that do not work for Lephantis?

CitricComet

Question

Ok, so I am confused... just went and took on Lephantis with an Ignis wraith that was set up for corrosive build, but it had no effect on him?  Big bunch of zero's, ziltch and goose-eggs displayed as weapon damage.  Had to use my secondary to take him down - which took much longer then I hoped for when I set out.  

After a little research on PHP, many say that Lanka's and Opticor's are essentially useless as well, but the wiki does not really discuss this subject.  It only says:

"Lephantis has a very large health pool and is immune to status effects."  

"It is not recommended to use weapons like the Ogris, Torid, and Acrid. The majority of these weapons' effects (explosions and damage-over-time) target the torso of an enemy, so you will lose a lot of potential damage even if you're aiming at weak spots. Explosions can still do damage if they hit close to the weak spots, however.

• By the same token, do not use the Sonicor and Synoid Simulor against Lephantis, as they will do no damage."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lephantis

So, what other weapons are useless?  There should be a list somewhere to help others.

14 answers to this question

Lephantis has a damage cap, meaning there is a limit to how much damage you can do to him in a single shot.

Instead of trying to do a large chunk of damage in a single shot (eg with a bow/sniper), try to spread out the damage over several shots (eg with a soma prime/supra vandal/pyrana prime).

Edited by kenrhee

34 minutes ago, CitricComet said:

Ok, so I am confused... just went and took on Lephantis with an Ignis wraith that was set up for corrosive build, but it had no effect on him?  Big bunch of zero's, ziltch and goose-eggs displayed as weapon damage.  Had to use my secondary to take him down - which took much longer then I hoped for when I set out.  

After a little research on PHP, many say that Lanka's and Opticor's are essentially useless as well, but the wiki does not really discuss this subject.  It only says:

"It is not recommended to use weapons like the Ogris, Torid, and Acrid. The majority of these weapons' effects (explosions and damage-over-time) target the torso of an enemy, so you will lose a lot of potential damage even if you're aiming at weak spots. Explosions can still do damage if they hit close to the weak spots, however.

• By the same token, do not use the Sonicor and Synoid Simulor against Lephantis, as they will do no damage."

So, what other weapons are useless?  There should be a list somewhere to help others.

Instead of what others weapon are useless, which is a very long list, I am gonna guide you about what kinda weapons are actually useful on Lephantis & why. The thing is Lephantis weak point is his/her 3 heads, that also only when they are open. Lephantis is status proof, and there is a cap of damage done per shot. So, best way to deal with him is using a Crit based weapon with High fire rate, moded for Corrosive. Best weapons are IMO is Soma P, Tenora, Pyrana, Tiberon P. Avoid snipers because of damage cap per shot.

Edited by 541K4T

There is no damage cap, the wiki just uses that word wrong.

What it does have is scaling damage reduction, where the more damage you do the higher its reduction goes to counter it so its more efficient to use weapons that hit faster/more than harder. 

Even with that though, I literally just oneshotted each head (phase 1) with a Vectis Prime a couple minutes ago, if you have enough damage they will still die in one shot.  Its just that its less efficient to use slow single hit weapons than fast + high crit weapons.  On the other hand as its HP goes down its damage reduction goes up as well so if you have enough damage its faster to just oneshot it anyways.

Adding onto the number of weapons that are useless on it because of hitbox issues: my Opticor hit it for 0s on both forms even if I fire from a range where 100% of the attack's linear aoe lands on a weakpoint.  It was able to hit the Plaguestar version fine which makes this a bit surprising.  As already said by Pizza_Parker, any kind of aoe weapon is risky, some work but most hit for 0s.

9 hours ago, CitricComet said:

By experience, I can say this:

Slova with Tigis prime (48k slash and 32k blast) one shot kill it

Slova and Aklex prime (6,5 k puncture with 5,6 CD 2 shouts kill it)

I guess all elemental are useless, you just need puncture or slash

Titania and Sarpa with Shattering Impact or Unairu dash might be the meta against Lephantis, since it worked pretty damn well on its plague star cousin. Haven't tried yet, will do when Lephantis assassination pops up again in sorties.

Opticor, Ferrox, Lanka might seems like good weapon for high damage , but having to aim and charge for the weak point 
while constantly have to watch out to dodge incoming attacks/ enemies.
They are less than practical to be honest. 

As such bows doesn't seems like a good idea to use either.

Hitscan high single-shot damage weapon without great zoom (Shotguns)
are excellent choices.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

As long as it isn't status effect based or aoe, it can work. I usually do pretty well with my dread, but I've got plenty of practice aiming on the move without tunnel visioning. 

Good weapons that make it easier are gonna be crit based and hit scan. Most of them have already been mentioned. 

I like to use the euphona prime's primary fire- not hit scan, but it works quite well for me. 

Titania is my favorite for that fight. Excelling at playing The Floor Is Made Of Lava is really useful when the floor is coated in toxin clouds, and it lets you largely ignore the adds. Sadly the Dex Pixia is more a status weapon than a crit weapon, but it's still an exalted aerial cannon and should have no issues chewing through 'im.

5 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Opticor, Ferrox, Lanka might seems like good weapon for high damage , but having to aim and charge for the weak point 
while constantly have to watch out to dodge incoming attacks/ enemies.
They are less than practical to be honest.

They have since fixed the bug where the Lanka could do no damage to him, but either via zounds of projectile punch-through wonkiness, or that weird reactive-DR people've mentioned, the Lanka is really quite bad against Lephy.

Edited by Eirshy