Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus bounties are trash

(XBOX)S0ldzier

I just watched my clanny pull four Augur Secrets from konzu bounties in less than an hour while I (who started two hours prior) have never even seen a single Augur Secrets. I must have done 50 cetus bounties today and nothing. Trash. Thank God I got 20 neo G1 relics though. Not.

Rant over.

The RNG is fine for resources - Kuva, Eidolon Breath, Wisps, etc. The item drops should be in a different, much smaller pool (3 items max) on overall bounty completion. 

However, to get to kin you need about 200k rep total, which means running the hardest bounty around 80 times. Twice that again if you want to build Zaws, gem blueprints and arcanes.

I'm sure it'll drop before the grind is done. Just in time Fortuna.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

The RNG is fine for resources - Kuva, Eidolon Breath, Wisps, etc. The item drops should be in a different, much smaller pool (3 items max) on overall bounty completion. 

However, to get to kin you need about 200k rep total, which means running the hardest bounty around 80 times. Twice that again if you want to build Zaws, gem blueprints and arcanes.

I'm sure it'll drop before the grind is done. Just in time Fortuna.

Fishing is a much better solution for gaining rep than running bounties.

On topic, I still need the two rare Auger mods, and I've been doing bounties daily since the start. RNG is evil but there are worse grinds.

On 2018-10-08 at 5:14 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Fishing is a much better solution for gaining rep than running bounties.

On topic, I still need the two rare Auger mods, and I've been doing bounties daily since the start. RNG is evil but there are worse grinds.

Like what? Even Diablo 3 drops that legendary item youve been hankering for after a couple days of grinding.

It's been almost 2 weeks. No Augur secrets. This is literally the most trash RNG ever. It's not even about the mod anymore it's the fact that I've probably put 24+ hours in-game time for a mod.

On the topic, why DE thought it'd be a good idea to make necessary mastery rank items have stupid low drops is beyond me. War and Brakk, untradeable, necessary if mastery 25.75 is your goal. Both with the most redonkulous low drop chance rate. 

DE, if you see this (which you won't cause y'all obviously don't give a crap about the players) reduce the reward pool in the cetus bounty or increase the chances of getting the mod. Never mind the fact that the recon commander never shows up in the first place.

And don't make certain items necessary for mastery rank unless, at the very least, you make them all tradeable.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DB ASSAILANT said:

It's been almost 2 weeks. No Augur secrets. This is literally the most trash RNG ever. It's not even about the mod anymore it's the fact that I've probably put 24+ hours in-game time for a mod.

This is why you should spend that 2 weeks farming plat. 5 Anasas can literally buy one Augur Secrets. How many days is that? 5 days tops. Can be a bit longer if you are unlucky and keep getting endo, but farming Prime Parts can put 70 plat on the table pretty fast.

Out there, someone is willing to work their ass off for any plat they can get, so save yourself the trouble and learn to trade.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

This is why you should spend that 2 weeks farming plat. 5 Anasas can literally buy one Augur Secrets. How many days is that? 5 days tops. Can be a bit longer if you are unlucky and keep getting endo, but farming Prime Parts can put 70 plat on the table pretty fast.

Out there, someone is willing to work their ass off for any plat they can get, so save yourself the trouble and learn to trade.

Boy if I wanted to BUY the mod I would've done it already. What do you expect me to do fork over plat every time this game doesn't drop something??

Because THAT would make even Bill Gates go broke. AND Bill would STILL have to wait for stalker and grustrag 3 to show up in hopes of getting some much needed blueprints that are, again, necessary for mastery rank 25+.

It ain't about the mod, it's the principle of the matter.

1 minute ago, (XB1)DB ASSAILANT said:

Boy if I wanted to BUY the mod I would've done it already. What do you expect me to do fork over plat every time this game doesn't drop something??

Because THAT would make even Bill Gates go broke. AND Bill would STILL have to wait for stalker and grustrag 3 to show up in hopes of getting some much needed blueprints that are, again, necessary for mastery rank 25+.

It ain't about the mod, it's the principle of the matter.

If the stuff dropped so easily, someone down the chain wouldn't be buying plat.

I may get very annoyed by RNG but thing is, I do know DE is still a profit driven company. You can't expect them to put the customer first in every aspect and continue having money. Just look at what happened to Greece a few years back.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I may get very annoyed by RNG but thing is, I do know DE is still a profit driven company. You can't expect them to put the customer first in every aspect and continue having money. Just look at what happened to Greece a few years back.

Yeah and let me get right on that plat farm so people can low ball my already cheapest prices around. I'm sorry, but im not giving up a rhino set for 100p and if that makes me a bad person then call me feckin Hitler. Trade chat is even more of a joke right now than the RNG rates because people on this game are bigger cheapskates than rich Americans.

And I don't want to hear about your indulging DE's money hungry attitude. If they want people to keep playing then they gotta make the effort to keep people playing. Flat. 

At the very least they could give it another drop location than the occasional cetus bounty. 

But, of course, I'm the bad guy in this situation just because I got bad luck that means DE should change their whole game just to suit my needs, huh?

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Yeah and let me get right on that plat farm so people can low ball my already cheapest prices around. I'm sorry, but im not giving up a rhino set for 100p and if that makes me a bad person then call me feckin Hitler. Trade chat is even more of a joke right now than the RNG rates because people on this game are bigger cheapskates than rich Americans.

And I don't want to hear about your indulging DE's money hungry attitude. If they want people to keep playing then they gotta make the effort to keep people playing. Flat. 

At the very least they could give it another drop location than the occasional cetus bounty. 

But, of course, I'm the bad guy in this situation just because I got bad luck that means DE should change their whole game just to suit my needs, huh?

1. You lack patience and you don't list prices in Trade Chat. Rhino P sets are not expensive after the recent unvaulting either.

2. I don't indulge their money hungry attitude. I just happen to know it won't change no matter how much you badger them.

3. You are just one player, really. DE loses nothing if I or you stop playing. It's not as if a million people quit overnight.

No one said you have to sell rhino prime to get it. You don't always need to get all your needed plat in one trade. It's not that painful to trade for plat. This is a grindy game, but the things that are frustratingly grindy are not THAT numerous and aren't THAT pricey to break you wallet, especially if you don't try to buy them like the week they came out.

Also you don't have to take lowball offers... at least there isn't an auction house where things get undercut and it's obvious to everyone because EVERYONE can see the lowest price available.

You're attitude towards the advice given also isn't helping you look like the good guy so...

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

1. You lack patience and you don't list prices in Trade Chat. Rhino P sets are not expensive after the recent unvaulting either.

2. I don't indulge their money hungry attitude. I just happen to know it won't change no matter how much you badger them.

3. You are just one player, really. DE loses nothing if I or you stop playing. It's not as if a million people quit overnight.

1. You made assumptions which are all wrong. Whether I post prices or not I still get low balled. Also, Rhino isn't 300p anymore sure but he's definitely worth more than 100p (a real offer I get daily).

2. Duh. But change never came to those who stayed silent.

3. Duh. But over time the number of active players has dropped since the game's release. A big issue with this game is that new players arent even giving it a chance, they see it takes 12 hours just to build a piece of a Warframe and they're out. Which in turn means there's less players putting plat into the game. Which is making veterans quit the game because people lose interest so fast.

It may not happen over night but it will happen over time. A big downfall of mankind throughout history has been not addressing an issue when it's a small one and going completely bonkers when that thorn they've been ignoring turns into an infected wound and amputation is the only way to live.

Your thoughts on MR are... odd if you ask me. Your MR level basically shows how much of the game you've played with. It's not necessary to use all the things in the game, but if that's your goal... not all those things are tradeable. In fact the majority of them aren't tradeable (non-prime weapons and warframe are not things you can trade. Nor is map/quest progression)

Edited by AXCrusnik

2 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

No one said you have to sell rhino prime to get it. You don't always need to get all your needed plat in one trade. It's not that painful to trade for plat. This is a grindy game, but the things that are frustratingly grindy are not THAT numerous and aren't THAT pricey to break you wallet, especially if you don't try to buy them like the week they came out.

Also you don't have to take lowball offers... at least there isn't an auction house where things get undercut and it's obvious to everyone because EVERYONE can see the lowest price available.

You're attitude towards the advice given also isn't helping you look like the good guy so...

That's fair. Still gonna voice my opinion though. An auction house ain't even a bad idea like when jagex introduced the Grand Exchange to RuneScape. It would be cool if I could just post my prime junk up, put a price tag on it and just forget about it until the next day. Check it and see hey! Someone bought my Guthix armor... That was a reasonably painless way to trade and usually both parties ended up happy. Whereas in Warframe, good luck getting someone to come off an nonvaulted prime common for less than 40plat. God forbid you try to sell to them for anything more than half the going rate though. 

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Your thoughts on MR are... odd if you ask me. Your MR level basically shows how much of the game you've played with. It's not necessary to USE all the things in the game, but if that's your goal... not all those things are tradeable. In fact the majority of them aren't tradeable (non-prime weapons and warframe are not things you can trade. Nor is map/quest progression)

But at least they're easily attainable. All the regular frames either come from quests or can be grinded out pretty easily except for Ivara and Nidus.

What I'm saying is this, if one expects to experience all the content in this game they have to cross their fingers, toes and arms. Pray to Jesus, make a sacrifice to the sun god and give 3 pints of blood. Straight from the veins.

Vaulted primes are easier to get than a war blueprint just because they're tradeable. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)DB ASSAILANT said:

What I'm saying is this, if one expects to experience all the content in this game they have to cross their fingers, toes and arms. Pray to Jesus, make a sacrifice to the sun god and give 3 pints of blood. Straight from the veins.

You also have to login to the game on 700 separate days. Those things are needed for MR too (1000 if you count the cosmetics, No MR there though). It's your choice to experience every nook and cranny of this game... you don't really need to though. Again this is a grindy game, and some things are rarer than others. It's the nature of the beast.

Edited by AXCrusnik

8 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

You also have to login to the game on 700 separate days. Those things are needed for MR too (1000 if you count the cosmetics, No MR there though). It's your choice to experience every nook and cranny of this game... you don't really need to though. Again this is a grindy game, and some things are rarer than others. It's the nature of the beast.

Just logging in is easier than grinding.

I'm over it now after thinking about this for a few minutes I realized that between my awful trade offers, my awful rng, my awful riven rolls, and my awful attitude I just have bad luck. And it's obvious that luck plays into this game more than just simply being skilled or grinding. 

Thanks for your advice. Think I'm gonna go for another playthrough in fallout. Done with frames.

I'll mention & explain the three types of reward gating methods in videogames. Skill/Challenge gates, Time/Event gates, & RNG gates. Keep in mind that Hybrids of these exist & that their principles exist in balance.

All are valid methods. It only becomes a problem if the difficulty is too extraordinary for the reward(s) (for Skill/Challenge gates), the wait time for the next opportunity is too long (Time/Event gates), or demands so much repetition that it nullifies any sense of accomplishment (RNG gates). All methods can become a problem if overused as well.

For that special problem with RNG gates specifically, those repetitions create the idea within the player that if they finally get the reward, they won't have to touch the given task as often, as opposed to thinking "this was worth my time". Because of the repetition implicit in RNG gated rewards, they are best used with large pools of common items, or small pools of rare items, with a difficulty reflecting that dynamic (principle of Skill/Challenge gates, hybrid with RNG).

Before Raids were removed, they actually served as a good challenge, regardless of the bugs. That's one of the main reasons there was backlash on the removal of Raids. The other reason being "Arcanes becoming more common" (which is a dumb reason TBH). The truth is that Raids were Trials of Fortitude that are fondly remembered & missed by the players that ran them. It is still important to have the rewards match the difficulty, which is a shame for Raids because DE still gated the rewards with RNG when really those same players would have dealt just fine if they simply had to accomplish an extracurricular activity within the given Raid to guarantee the drop of an Arcane ranked above common. This applies just as well to the Eidolons.

The reason DE utilizes RNG gates as often as they do is because Warframe is a game filled to the brim with cheese, which makes it harder on them to find a golden savior method within the principle of Skill/Challenge gates. They can't just nerf every cheese method they find or don't like because the enemies are capable of scaling up to lvl9999. It's hard to say that something is overpowered, such as a piece of gear, an ability, a loadout, or a playstyle/method that requires synergy, when none of them can compete against the absurdity that is lvl9999.

All this said, yes, the RNG system in Warframe is unfair because it is unbalanced against the principles of the other reward gating methods. & again, it is exceedingly difficult for DE to fix this because cheese methods ruin the principle of Skill/Challenge gates, they can't immediately destroy the cheese because of wonky level scaling & game mechanics, & Time/Event gates just exacerbate the RNG issue.

There is another reason that DE uses RNG gates. As @Datam4ss pointed out, biznes. Does this make RNG good? No. Saying that "it's for business" is a cop out. Reminder: bad business practices exist. This is one of them, & it will eventually kill the game.

5 hours ago, (XB1)DB ASSAILANT said:

It may not happen over night but it will happen over time. A big downfall of mankind throughout history has been not addressing an issue when it's a small one and going completely bonkers when that thorn they've been ignoring turns into an infected wound and amputation is the only way to live.

Basically this problem is the type that will create a whimpering death, not an explosive one. Steady declines are difficult to imagine & comprehend in the moment.

Edited by (PS4)VagueWisdom