Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Vs Eidolon Teralyst

mflames

Question

Hi Tenno

This will properly be a small thread.
So going into Razorwing 4th ability, Titania was amazing for me to use during the plague star event. Her damage on her duel archwing duel pistols is amazing.

So i joined a group for a Eidolon Teralyst Hunt, i have a proper damage corrosive crit fire rate build. And shooting at a Teralyst limb i see all sorts of numbers popping up, and i do see the limp loosing hp slowly.

However at the result screen, it states that i have only contributed 1% damage compared to the rest of the team.
I did 4 hunts, all stated the same.

What gives? am i doing no damage despite seeing numbers? is the Teralyst immune to  exalted weapons?
can someone point out my sillyness.

2 minutes ago, mflames said:

i have a proper damage corrosive crit fire rate build.

Eidolons weakness is radiation

2 minutes ago, mflames said:

and i do see the limp loosing hp slowly.

However at the result screen, it states that i have only contributed 1% damage compared to the rest of the team.
I did 4 hunts, all stated the same

It is all damage done: to shields, to limbs, to its head, to Vomvalyst...to everything which can be damaged.

Still the best weapon to use is a rad and crit modded sniper

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

to start, Eidolons are weak to Radiation and Ice Damage. (and Puncture, if you want to optimize what Weapons you use based on their Base Damage Type)

and secondly, you're basically asking if Razorwing is viable for Eidolons - and yes, it is. Guns are better but Warframe Abilities can be viable(which is kinda the same situation for Plague Star).

Edited by taiiat

It is viable, but you should know you're running the risk of getting deleted past the Teralyst.

I feel DE needs to fix Titania so that players can enter operator form with Razorwing active; her max DPS (if you use RW Blitz) just takes too much set up when all Octavia or Chroma have to do is recycle their buff every once and a while (which can apply to the team) and shoot 1-3 times depending on Volt Shields, and multishot.

Edited by Synpai

1 minute ago, (XB1)HerculesLac said:

What gives? am i doing no damage despite seeing numbers?

Limb damage is only aportion of the damage done during a hunt. I believe it also takes into account operator damage. I'll have to double check, but with your set up it's likely that you're just not doing as much total damage as your teammates, kind of hard to gauge via text.

17 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Limb damage is only aportion of the damage done during a hunt. I believe it also takes into account operator damage. I'll have to double check, but with your set up it's likely that you're just not doing as much total damage as your teammates, kind of hard to gauge via text.

Sorry like the result screen does not give me much enough to begin with. Well i figured corresive for armor stripping because i will always have a teammate who can out damage me with the biggest snipetron weapon or something, so i figure i contribute in damage and stripping armor.

15 minutes ago, mflames said:

Sorry like the result screen does not give me much enough to begin with. Well i figured corresive for armor stripping because i will always have a teammate who can out damage me with the biggest snipetron weapon or something, so i figure i contribute in damage and stripping armor.

There is various types of Armor in WF. Like Ferrite, Alloy etc. Teralyst has Alloy armor which is weak against Radiation. Corrosive is good against Ferrite Armor.

19 minutes ago, mflames said:

Nah DE basically did everything in their power to make Eidolons differ from the normal meta and as such have created a train-wreck of min-maxing to get most, but not all of the armor gone. You can give it a try with Radiation, but ultimately it'll be a lot of radiation and slash damage (the slash being painful since it is decreased so much)

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

(and Puncture, if you want to optimize what Weapons you use based on their Base Damage Type)

Actually it would be more ideal Impact as he counts as a Mechanical mob. His armor type is Alloy which only takes +15% Damage from Puncture against +25% from Impact. This is why the Rubico/Prime is preferred when dealing with him.

Remember before 3 dolan titania was a thing. how sad it is the meta is so tight rn. At least rejoice to navigator can meme pretty much any existing projectile weapon to 1 shot, and hysteria memeteam.
Anyways, titania is definitely not bad for dps, considering the nutzo output of dex pixia. just need the right element. problem is the damage calculation holds down its potential for being an AR-type gun, razorwing cast time, wet noodle health. many problems.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Actually it would be more ideal Impact as he counts as a Mechanical mob.

what?
the Eidolons are Alloy Armor on top of Robotic Health.
even if they used Machinery Health like Rollers, Puncture would still be better because it would bypass some of the Armor.

ZH9ndDE.pngNmCKDyO.png

2 hours ago, mflames said:

so i figure i contribute in damage and stripping armor.

Sentients are immune to Status Effects, i'm afraid. you may have noticed you didn't get any Status Icons shooting at the Eidolon.
just pure Damage for them.

Edited by taiiat

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what?
even if they used Machinery Health like Rollers, Puncture would still be better because it would bypass some of the Armor.

I just noticed i was looking at the Grineer damage tab but it got me a bit confused as to what damage table would the Eidolon actually fit in?

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

what?

ZH9ndDE.pngNmCKDyO.png

Sentients are immune to Status Effects, i'm afraid. you may have noticed you didn't get any Status Icons shooting at the Eidolon.
just pure Damage for them.

I did not know they are immune to status effects............

If it wasn't for this thread and you guys, i would have never found that out. Jesus this game's learning curve is quite steep.

You can deal damage comparable to a chroma or rhino Lanka without a riven (and possibly a non god riven).  But unfortunately DE decided mechanical difficulty for the fight lay in mass AoE (which bypasses all of Titania's evasion) and in requiring operator (which makes her really clunky).

God tier in plague star twice a year but painful in Eidolons.😭

I swapped my dixie pistols mods so now i have radation, stronger crit damage, my damage has gone from 1% contribution to 3% contribution, this is totally trash.
Does the eidolons limp explode doing damage to the eidolon which gives the player like 10% damage contribution on the result screen or something.

Dixie pistols hit harder and faster than any of other primary weapons (Excluding Dread). is Rubico/Prime the only way for me to go, instead on relying on exhalted Dixie pistols?

Primary weapons:
Braton Prime
Dex Sybaris
Dread
Hek
Ignis
Lenz
Mutalist Cernos
Paracyst
Phantasma
Snipetron
Soma
Tetra
Vectis

I don't know why people are discussing armor types and everything, when the problem is obvious:

18 hours ago, mflames said:

So i joined a group for a Eidolon Teralyst Hunt, i have a proper damage corrosive crit fire rate build. And shooting at a Teralyst limb i see all sorts of numbers popping up, and i do see the limp loosing hp slowly.

That 25% won't make much of a difference. I'm sorry to say, but you are actually not doing much damage. Most damage dealers take out a limb in 2-3 seconds MAX.

Also, your operator damaging the shield contributes to your damage, if you don't use it or still have mote amp, then that's one more reason you're not doing much damage.

17 minutes ago, mflames said:

Does the eidolons limp explode doing damage to the eidolon which gives the player like 10% damage contribution on the result screen or something.

The damage % is based on damage alone, so the one killing a limb doesn't get a bonus. In fact limb HP resets if another limb is killed, but the damage you dealt counts towards mission results.

17 minutes ago, mflames said:

Dixie pistols hit harder and faster than any of other primary weapons (Excluding Dread). is Rubico/Prime the only way for me to go, instead on relying on exhalted Dixie pistols?

Lanka is an easy option. From my experience it is currently debatable, which is better. Seems most Rubico Primes that outperform the Lanka have a riven, but I cant 100% confirm.

Not a Titania expert, so I'd advise you to find someone who can help you with an Eidolon build, so you can deal appropriate damage.

Also, I'd advise you to check out a guide on Eidolon hunting if you haven't.

Edited by Ver1dian

55 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Also, your operator damaging the shield contributes to your damage, if you don't use it or still have mote amp, then that's one more reason you're not doing much damage.

Yes just gilded it last night, only got to lvl 3 standing with Quills, so my amp is properly super S#&$, but i do user operator to down the eidolon shields. Depending on what teamates are shooting at with thier amps, i either damage that green bubble shield or fire at the eidolon head to remove his purple shields.

After that i switch to pixie mode to fire at a limb

Also, I'd advise you to check out a guide on Eidolon hunting if you haven't.

most guides are using a frame that can buff the primary damage like chroma, using void strike to buff up damage further, and using a well moded type of sniper rifle to down a limb.

There is also an ivara build of stacking explosives on all 4 limbs to 1 shot the eidolon

Allot of players already are fully modded and equip to take out Eidolons. Titania is just my most used frame for cetus missions because i just float shoot everything dead, mission done quickly and fast no hassle.

But i would have never have guessed her dmg is super S#&$ versus Eidolons, i mean look at the wiki below:

with Hornet Strike, Convulsion and Intensify equipped, each shot will deal
Base Damage × (1 + Damage Mods) × (1 + Elemental Mods) × (1 + Strength Mods) =
160 × (1 + 2.20) × (1 + 0.9) × (1 + 0.3) = 1,264.64 damage.

Rubico: Serration, Convulsion
Base Damage × (1 + Damage Mods) × (1 + Elemental Mods)  =
180 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.9)  = 906.3 damage.

Edited by mflames
Dixie Pistols vs Rubico

2 hours ago, Eisdschungel said:

If the rubico is wielded by a chroma with a 900% buff thats alota difference. Not sure about the crit stats on the dex pixia, but the rubico aint that shabby

When the Rubico/Lanka is combined with a god Riven and they use Madurai's void strike is when you see damage tilting so far against you.  In that situation Titania won't matter as a DPS even if you stacked 388% Strength and 4 stacks of Blitz; the limb is going to get 1-2 shot every time by the other player.

Sure you can try to use Void Strike as well, but with Titania the buff will be gone with her first burst.  Void Strike is overly skewed towards sniper rifles that can make use of all 8 of its charges per 1-2 Eidolons.

If you're using a mote amp and Titania to damage the limbs you'll never get a decent amount of damage.

One of the reason everyone is using snipers and a x23 amp is because they work so well with Void Strike in the Madurai focus tree. I was not using it in the beginning when hunting Eidolon, and started using it later on. It makes a big difference, even in public bounties where you can't properly charge your Void Strike due to lack of team work.

Titania's 4 can't properly use Void Strike, and switching from operator to the 4 takes forever. It's a problem when the fight rely so much on void mode to avoid aoe damages. If you're in void mode, leave void mode, press 4, and start shooting at a limb, it's already half HP from someone else's sniper, even in a public hunt. An organized group's Chroma would most likely have one shotted the limb by the time it takes Titania to get in her 4 form.

Void Strike also multiply amps damage, and while I didn't try, I'd say it again doesn't synergyze with the mote amp. Not that it could save the mote amp anyway, its damage are simply that bad.

On 2018-10-09 at 7:38 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Actually it would be more ideal Impact as he counts as a Mechanical mob. His armor type is Alloy which only takes +15% Damage from Puncture against +25% from Impact. This is why the Rubico/Prime is preferred when dealing with him.

The difference is that's 15% armor bypass and amp. Without stripping armor via Shattering Impact or via Unairu Dash, you'll deal more per-point of Puncture than Impact.

Also the Lanka finds your Rubico Prime cute. Partly for the same reason, partly because it's 75% and 25% on the entire damage block.

8 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Lanka is an easy option. From my experience it is currently debatable, which is better. Seems most Rubico Primes that outperform the Lanka have a riven, but I cant 100% confirm.

You are correct. Sans riven, the Lanka out-shoots every other option in the game on the Eidolon fight, largely due to guaranteed crits on full zoom (+Point Strike only) and pure Radiation. With Rivens, the playing field is a lot more even due to how RNG they are, but an equal-potency Lanka riven will allow her to remain supreme.

Rubico Prime is however a very competitive option if you're wanting to avoid charge+projectile mechanics, just keep in mind you will typically require followup shots.

EDIT: And before someone says "but muh shot combo", you can pre-charge your combo during scream phases, and with the Lanka's 6s timer instead of the RP's 2s timer, you'll typically have an easier time of it.

Edited by Eirshy

I'd have to see your build to really weigh in proper, @mflames , but for one you had the wrong element (Eidolons are Alloy over Robotic with Status Immunity).

If you wanna post builds here or in DMs I can help. I'm about as close to a Titania main you'll probably find. I have done a bit of experimenting with her as a hybrid limb damage and magnet immune wildcard slot (Harrow+Chroma combined, effectively), but I abandoned it fairly early in the refining process due to difficulties in shield contribution.

Oh and a bit of a tip on that.... you don't need to pop out to space kid the screams. Go into a hard climb and you'll just out-range it. Hard dive after to get back to the fight- there's no collision damage any more.

Edited by Eirshy

Okay so far the advice is:
Get Lanka, better amp.

Its funny, to get a better amp, you need better standing with quills. For that you need sentinal stuff from night time eidolon runs.
So right now the best route for me is to get a Lanka sniper, mod it, so that i can atleast do eidolon hunts allot quicker , and thus allot more in 1 night rotation.

Im seeing Titania less, and less viable for this whole Eidolon ordeal