Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Traces as a Resource Drop in the Void

(PSN)VagueWisdom

Anyone up for this idea?

I like it because it would give an opportunity to get Void Traces besides Fissures & Alerts. If we were to replace Control Modules with Void Traces as a resource drop, it would also restore the rarity status of Control Modules.

I'd like to make a comparison between this idea, & Endless Kuva. Kuva used to only be earned by doing Kuva Siphon. Fissures are to the Void, as Kuva Siphon is to Endless Kuva. (I know Bounties are a way to get Kuva as well, but they only drop 300 Kuva at most (from Tier 5 Bounty) & it's not even a guaranteed drop. Besides the fact that Bounties are unpopular as a mission set.)

The only downside I can think of is Radiant Relics becoming more common. We could fix this by setting the earned quantity by how high the enemy levels are, which would give Mot & the rest of the Void greater purpose & significance as a place to farm.

We don't even need to replace Control Modules either (that's just my personal preference). We could have Mot function similar to Taveuni. Basically Mot would be Survival for Void Traces, like Taveuni is Kuva Survival.

Edited by (PS4)VagueWisdom

anyone find i weird to get void fissure missions in the void? and then you get double voided enemies. nonsense. void enemies should just have a chance at dropping void traces all the time not after they have been double voided.

19 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Maybe as a uncommon drop. Making it common kills alert/Fissures.

Of course not. It would drop 1-3 like Control Modules currently do, except scale up based on enemy level. So doing endurance runs on Mot would increase the returns over time. It would be this way if we replaced Control Modules, or if we had it function like Endless Kuva.

Besides, Fissures are the only way to open relics. I don't think the Void absolutely has to be capable of that, though I wouldn't be against it. & the Void Trace Alerts are usually ignored as is anyway.

2 minutes ago, Wrum said:

anyone find i weird to get void fissure missions in the void? and then you get double voided enemies. nonsense. void enemies should just have a chance at dropping void traces all the time not after they have been double voided.

It is definitely very odd that there are Fissures in the Void at all. They are already inside the Void. :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, (PS4)VagueWisdom said:

It is definitely very odd that there are Fissures in the Void at all. They are already inside the Void. :facepalm:

True. Void faction enter via the gate of void.

On-topic, void trace should be part of drop table of corrupted.

DE: Notice how the corrupted enemies in the void must be hit by the void fissure to be corrupted one more time before they can drop void traces? That is the reason why no void traces can be found in regular void missions.

lol

1 hour ago, (PS4)VagueWisdom said:

The only downside I can think of is Radiant Relics becoming more common

Honestly, this excuse goes out the window now that ESO awards radiant relics. Lots of people have piles of radiant relics without spending any Void traces at all. I think DE should just go ahead and do it. Replacing Control Modules with Void traces is a good move, I think.

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Honestly, this excuse goes out the window now that ESO awards radiant relics. Lots of people have piles of radiant relics without spending any Void traces at all. I think DE should just go ahead and do it. Replacing Control Modules with Void traces is a good move, I think.

Endurance runs start awarding radiant relics after 3 complete rotations as well.