Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration drones...

Yakozaki

So with the new mode...we get a new way to nullify Warframe abilities to force difficulty into it (seriously nullifiers nullifying Warframe abilities and being immune to damage at the same time till you destroy the nullifier drone that spreads nullification to all enemies in range? got a new rhyme). Im wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before where their explosion that knocks down enemies instantly kills anyone caught in the blast? My teammate and i ran 2 sessions of Arbitrations on update launch yesterday, both were Def with Corpus in the 1st and Grineer in the 2nd, but around the 25-30 wave mark she gets killed off suddenly by an unseen bullet/missile since the way she dies implies an explosion (body gets launched ridiculously off screen) and shes getting buffed with Dmg Resistance from Trinity and shields surrounding her since she used Volt for the boon. Ive seen posts around by people on Reddit where they have been killed by the drones exploding since they use melee (Maiming strike for quick kills) despite having close to 75% dmg resistance on them...can anyone else confirm if this is true because this is ridiculous...them being immune to WF abilities and at the same time spreading that immunity to hordes of enemies, some of which can already shield surrounding mobs from dmg is tedious enough. I dont have to add being scared to melee them on the list because they instantly kill you with their explosion.

The only issue I've seen with the drone is that it can't be killed by 'powers' which I can understand if it's something like ember wof (although I'd prefer damage reduction rather than immunity) but not for things like titanias dex pixia (didnt work when I was given a 300% power buff lol) which we need to mod as a weapon. 

I've seen reports of the drone basically being made immortal by ancients too which in turn makes the ancient immortal too....

I've seen a few threads about one shot deaths so maybe it's linked to that. 

19 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've seen reports of the drone basically being made immortal by ancients too which in turn makes the ancient immortal too....

Oh yeah, that's the worst when you have 2 disruptors & like 3~4 healers, you may as well quit the mission at this point ><

the only think i got a problem with in arbiration is the drone 
these drone can do this to any amount of enemies near by it

1. immunity to damage
  2. immunity to status effects 
  3. immunity to warframe abilities
  4. immunity to crowd controls 
  5. sometimes shares the buff with other drones (happens on off so i assume its a bug but ive seen the drone flicker red and 0 damage when i shoot it with a 300% vectis)
  6. blows up when you kill it 
  7. unusually tanky for having no armor (surviving a shot from said 300% vectis crit)

personally i have a slight problem with 1 and 3 since these things are small sometimes just dont feel like taking damage i feel giving things around immunity to pretty much everything is a cop out for difficulty its hard because they just ignore you attempts to harm them not to mention some color blind people cant really see what the drone is affecting if i were to change some things it would be

• to giving 90% damage resistance instead of full blown immunity so their still a problem but not a you cant kill me while i claw/shoot you while you try to shoot the drone since you didnt bring a explosive weapon because your boon wasnt for it 
  • replace immunity to CC/abilities with ancient disruptior resistance and make the drone immune to it so enemies can shrug off a CC in a second or two and the drone cant be messed with and nothing is really fazed by a warframe power due to the power resistance
  • the immunity to status is ok but make a exception for blast's knock down effect ignore the damage but get knocked down 
  • lock the drones health to one set value and give it 30-50% DR to compensate 
  • perhaps change the drones effect to color to something more color blind friendly maybe yellow ore white im not color blind so kinda guessing on that one 

@DeMonkey i recall your colorblind shed some light would yellow or white be acceptable colors or am i being dumb?

Edited by seprent

35 minutes ago, seprent said:

@DeMonkey i recall your colorblind shed some light would yellow or white be acceptable colors or am i being dumb?

Yellow is generally an okay colour for colourblind people, as is white. The issue arises in that colourblindness is better explained as "colour confusion" or "colour dyslexisa", even if a colour doesn't fall under your particular type of colourblindness, you can still get it mixed up very easily.

To clarify, there's essentially 4 types of colourblindness that have varying levels, with a separate name for the people who cannot see a particular colour at all due to the enhanced severity, e.g. Protanopia is the enhanced version of Protanomaly, in which you cannot see Reds at all.

- Deuteronomaly is a form of Red/Green colourblindness, in which you don't see Green very clearly but see Reds too clearly. 

- Protanomaly is basically the same, but in reverse. You don't see Red very well, and Green is a little too clear. This is the type of colourblindness I have.

- Tritanomaly is a bit different, in that you struggle with blues and yellows.

- Monochromancy is literally just shades of black and white and is incredibly rare.

Of course it's never that simple, and there is confusion across the entire range of colours no matter what deficiency you have.

Deuteronomaly makes up the largest percentage of people, followed by Protanomaly. Tritanomaly is incredibly rare, and Monochromancy rarer still. This is why I get quite frustrated about some of DE's decisions when it comes to colour, Red/Green are objectively the least colourblind friendly colours to use, so for the new super high value target they choose a super faint red as it's effect?

I'd personally like to see enemies surrounded by a holographic shield, perhaps a translucent cylinder around their body with a Hex pattern on it or something. That or DE could give us actual colourblind settings that we can tweak ourselves. I know I'd be more than happy to dedicate some time towards creating a proper colourblind system for the game, as would virtually any other sufferer, I'm sure.

Edited by DeMonkey

Would also like to see these drones a bit toned down. The immunity that they give could perfectly well be a 90% damage reduction and I'd be fine with it. This feels like just another "Let's give the enemies invinsibility to challenge the player to shoot the drone first and then finish the enemies." But most of the time the enemies die by the explosion of the drone..
I like the drone, but don't push us in a corner of destroying the drone first. Give us options on how to counter this new foe.

First of all, the drones should NOT benefit from (corrupted) ancient healer's damage reduction, it was literally hell to deal with especially when reaching to higher level where the drones are becoming tanky.

Secondly, make it as damage reduction instead of complete damage immunity. It should be a reward for shooting down a challenge, not a tedious, mandatory job to take out a drone of punishing hitbox and with mass immunity.

I've stood next to level 250 drones as they blow up and took minor damage to my shields only. Chances are that what blew up your friend in a corpus defense was a comba's angstrum rocket. I am wondering if these are affected by the 300% damage bonus we get if we take the correct weapon into a mission as I've seen the angstrum bonus damage condition several times now.