Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to dual wielding secondaries and melee?

Rivyn

Question

10 answers to this question

It will be all the other options they previously mentioned. But their sights are set on Fortuna for now, and everything else will consequently fall by the wayside until it is out. Standard DE practices, nothing new here.

tenor.gif?itemid=4781875

Maybe coming with Melee 3.0, but considering that it is DE we are talking about and they've been promising this for bout 2 years now, I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's a dead concept, just like Clan missions, Syndicate Assassination, Kingpin , Eidolon Armcannon etc. I highly doubts that it is such a hard thing to do that a team of 250 could not have pulled it off in this time. 

Edited by aligatorno

DE said that with melee 3.0, every single-handed secondary weapon, & single-handed melee weapon, will be compatible with dual wielding, the streams are not here for nothing, don't complain about something you didn't see because you're not paying attention to what the devs are saying/posting

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
more clarifications

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

DE said that with melee 3.0, every weapon will be compatible with dual wielding, the streams are not here for nothing, don't complain about something you didn't see because you're not paying attention to what the devs are saying/posting

Every single-handed weapon, but the point still stands. 

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

its been confirmed that will arrive with melee 3.0. not sure if i see much point of it since all it does is look shiny and let you throw glaive when airborne. 

Well, one of the other changes with melee 3.0 is that quick melee will now double as a quick-swap between your melee weapon and whatever you were holding before. Dual-wielding presumably becomes an exception to this so you can retain the old version of quick melee. The dual-wielding was demoed on an earlier stream than the new quick melee, though, so I don't think we know with 100% certainty what the interaction between dual wielding and the old quick melee is.