Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra is part of the crew

LavinaYktike

Excalibur Umbra is a unique warframe because it's alive not like the other warframes that have the helminth, Umbra also has a mind from an old dax warrior he had been transformed into Umbra so he shouldn't have to go into to storage or what ever like other warframes he should always be around the orbiter if he's not selected, like the Personal quarters!

Umbra should be in there if not selected, looking at your Viginette, (if you have one) sitting down on the sofa next to the somacord, or looking out the widow  (even the main one) Umbra is part of your Crew now so he should not be treated like other warframe what do you think?

Frames are basicaly feral until a Tenno brings peace to their minds, after which they go dormant and at full command of the Tenno, being alive but nothing more than a "suit".

Excalibur Umbra is a special case because of just how freaking long he's been just Umbra. And all that time he suffered the only memories he had left.  That is why he continues to fight seperate from the Operator when we transfer out. Would be interesting to see him walking around the ship or man the Railjack but he is at peace now. It makes sense he sleeps between deployments.

DE said Excalibur Umbra won't be the only Umbra. Imagine what whould happen if what you suggest happen for every Umbra warframes. Your Orbiter would be full of Umbras. Also, Ordis is part of the crew too but isn't visible so maybe he got a sweet room somewhere else in the orbiter that you don't have access to.

I dont mind having him to main one of the stations for railjack, but as for having him walking about the orbiter? no thanks.

Spoiler

As you said, he is an old dax soldier, but he is also one that is very scared, mentally and emotionally. The only thing keeping him sane is practically the operator. I'd rather he be in "storage" or near the operator. If we go into missions, I don't think i can relax knowing an unstable element is walking around my oribiter.

Edited by VoidWraith

1 hour ago, (PS4)gershwonder said:

the main issue with this is that there really isn't anything for Umbra to do in the orbiter other than walk/stand around, same as ourselves. what's the point in that?

sure he can stare out the windows or just chill, but that doesn't fit with his feral nature

on that last one, not really. people who run on anger and grief run out of the first, and then have to deal directly with the latter. umbra and all the other warframes are still people, even if they are 3d-printed, perfect copies of themselves, and umbra is a hollow man, especially after the quest ends - he'd be standing or sitting about, but he wouldn't be "chilling".

On 2018-10-22 at 8:03 PM, lukinu_u said:

DE said Excalibur Umbra won't be the only Umbra. Imagine what whould happen if what you suggest happen for every Umbra warframes. Your Orbiter would be full of Umbras. Also, Ordis is part of the crew too but isn't visible so maybe he got a sweet room somewhere else in the orbiter that you don't have access to.

Exactly what i was thinking, all umbras walking around your ship 😂😂😂 i would delete all except for my favorite umbra

The orbiter is pretty much spotless if you don't include the helminth chair room. Instead of just having them lounge around, could show them actively cleaning the place.

That's a joke, which DE loves to make jokes and funny things, like Clem for instance.

That being said, we're about to be up to 37 frames. If they all get Umbras, the orbiter might get a little crowded. I also feel like the reason Excal Umbra fights along side us when we exit is because he still feels his pain, but he's able to better focus it now with our assistance. To have them always feeling that pain just walking around the orbiter almost feels cruel to me. I imagine that when I put him up, it's a chance for him to get some much deserved rest.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be a bit complex, and, as he/she said:

En 22/10/2018 a las 21:14, VoidWraith dijo:

I dont mind having him to main one of the stations for railjack, but as for having him walking about the orbiter? no thanks.

Ocultar contenido

As you said, he is an old dax soldier, but he is also one that is very scared, mentally and emotionally. The only thing keeping him sane is practically the operator. I'd rather he be in "storage" or near the operator. If we go into missions, I don't think i can relax knowing an unstable element is walking around my oribiter.

It would be very unpredictable and cruel to be letting him suffer even when not used, it could just rage about, I don't know, a failed mission or something like that. 

PD: As we are already in Fortuna I do not have in mind putting it as a spoiler tagged answer. Unless someone asks for it. 

Edited by Juggernog234
Clearing something up.

On 2018-11-09 at 11:01 AM, Genoscythe said:

Umbra is one memory of hate and the will to exterminate everything, not a person with an actual personality, at least not since becoming a warframe-prototype.

Umbra even just having one memory is still a person and is always alive walking and interacting with his environment and what ever area of storage the other warframes go he should be placed there

On 2018-10-22 at 8:31 PM, AgentSnivy said:

Excalibur Umbra is a unique warframe because it's alive not like the other warframes that have the helminth, Umbra also has a mind from an old dax warrior he had been transformed into Umbra so he shouldn't have to go into to storage or what ever like other warframes he should always be around the orbiter if he's not selected, like the Personal quarters!

Umbra should be in there if not selected, looking at your Viginette, (if you have one) sitting down on the sofa next to the somacord, or looking out the widow  (even the main one) Umbra is part of your Crew now so he should not be treated like other warframe what do you think?

Yeah, i just felt like that, althought it would be a little scary in the beginning: that dark silhoutte walking in the Orbiter. Whoah, Man In the Wall send some message, kiddo. 

OMFG JUST IMAGINE: A SECRET INTERACTION OF UMBRA DRINKING FROM HIS OLD TEA SET!

Edited by --AJ-TahuXL