Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cautious Shot

Firedtm

This Mod needs to be -100% Self-Damage, not -90%.

It is nice that they are trying to get the launchers too live again, and that is nice the still it will not help them since DE killed that weapon type by making them do self-damage...

other peoples thoughts welcome on this.

P.S. before we get the trolls in, ask your self when was the last time you saw someone using a launcher other than the Lenz...

33 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

P.S. before we get the trolls in, ask your self when was the last time you saw someone using a launcher other than the Lenz...

Whenever the last time I was farming lith relics at that one node on Jupiter. If someone else is doing speedva I'll usually bring Mirage with a Napalm Ogris.

I also use Exodia Contagion fairly regularly (when I'm not using Telos Boltace as a melee slot version of the Mobilize mod), and that's effectively a self-damage grenade. And I'm debating if I wanna try to git gud with the Falcor before Melee 3.0 drops because throw-explosions are really fun.

Big issue really isn't the self-damage, it's scaling. I can really only use my napalm ogris on the star chart, and I don't run much star chart content. Lenz is at least usable in sortie levels, but even that is clunky to operate and struggles in Sortie 3.

Give me a launcher that is as deadly to the enemy as it is to me, and I'll gladly use it. Until then I simply have more efficient aoe tools in my arsenal.

Edited by Eirshy

is the self-damage a % of total damage.  if so it might end up being a no self-damage mod.  also, I want to try a secura Penta +mag setup but I need to 2 more ranks.  I am max rank in Loka veil and meridian it is just that Perian needed an axi rare to rank up and I did not want to spend it. 

also, I see the Zar fairly often as it is one of the better launchers.  A buff to some of the more specialized weapons would be a switch speed buff.  Launchers are good for ad clear but not heavies reverse goes for snippers.  then you could bring a sniper and a launcher one to clear adds and one for heavies.  
one other way is to have an alt-fire that does more damage but needs a direct hit to deal damage

When the Arbitrations update hits consoles I’ll be doing extensive tests with the Tonkor + Cautious Shot on my Jet Stream Zephyr.

Apparently due to the changes to Tonkor’s flightspeed and detonation mechanics, you only need 154% Power Strength than a 234% Power Strength (190% Power Strength with Terminal Velocity) Jet Stream augmented Turbulence to force-explode the Tonkor on surface contact. This could be a fun advent to explore and may bring back the Tonkor Zephyr synergy back from the grave.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Firedtm:

Yesterday or the day before, someone with an Ogris amd the day before, me with Zephyr and my Ogris.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Lei-Lei_23:

When the Arbitrations update hits consoles I’ll be doing extensive tests with the Tonkor + Cautious Shot on my Jet Stream Zephyr.

Tonkor already has almost no self damage, or did DE changed that?

-100% would just result in people firing the weapon into the floors, walls and doors with no reservation. With 10% self-damage, there is still reason for you to actually shoot it at enemies rather than shooting it at your own feet. 

I'd be happy if launchers didn't detonate on hitting a friendly, at least. I've been using the phantasma a lot recently, and almost every single time I die to self damage, it's because someone runs straight through me as I'm firing, causing it to hit them and explode in my face, through no fault of my own. Only once or twice was it me firing it into enemies that were closer than I thought, or into a doorway that closed with the orb mid flight, etc, the other 95% of the deaths have been due to friendly fire accidents.

This would keep the "pay attention to where you fire it dummy!" part intact, while removing, I suspect, a lot of the self deaths that aren't the players fault.