The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Wait....

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

What about things without souls? Like robots? Do infested have souls?

What about clones? They cant have souls.  Is this only going to work on Corpus Crewmen?

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to
freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

What about robots? Robots should not have fear.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

So if he HAS NOT killed enemies it doesnt work?

If this works only on enemies HE killed i think we should replace search the dead with another ability that helps HIM kill enemies.

I guess the CC fear does help but that only works with a combination that includes a weapon which means his killing depends on how good his weapons are.  This can leave this power being very underpowered. Of course, we dont know yet how long the clones last and so on.

as potentially useful his 3rd will be... I don't know, I really don't like the sound of it... 

maybe ill have to play it... 

all the rest sound pretty good!

especially looking forward to his 4th, it sounds very interesting, but i have to play it 

Edited by Scheifen

I'm really enjoying the design of the necro so far. I get where the loot the dead skill is coming from but have you thought about a skill where necro converts corpses surrounding him into energy? something like 10 energy per corpse with the skill eating up 50/75 energy.

The last skill is a bit of a concern as corpses disappear, does that mean we target an enemy use the skill and upon death we get a clone of said enemy?

Honestly, The 1st and 4th abilities are fine.

The Terror Totem, IMO, should make enemies stay in place while they hold their head in cowardice instead of having them run away.

This will make for easier killing rather than chasing enemies.

I don't like the Search The Dead ability. I think it should be an ability that helps you kill enemies, whether a summoned minion or shadow clone, or an AoE. The Life Drain would be nice, but wouldn't aid in your pursuit for the Ultimate.

Necro would rely on guns and melee too much to make his clones. 

Honestly, The 1st and 4th abilities are fine.

The Terror Totem, IMO, should make enemies stay in place while they hold their head in cowardice instead of having them run away.

This will make for easier killing rather than chasing enemies.

I don't like the Search The Dead ability. I think it should be an ability that helps you kill enemies, whether a summoned minion or shadow clone, or an AoE. The Life Drain would be nice, but wouldn't aid in your pursuit for the Ultimate.

Necro would rely on guns and melee too much to make his clones. 

hes missing a partner! a frankenstein, he needs to raise one big mofo by combining dead bodies!

Wait....

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

What about things without souls? Like robots? Do infested have souls?

What about clones? They cant have souls.  Is this only going to work on Corpus Crewmen?

It's probably in the Cthulhu mythos sense. It's not so much spiritual as it is para-scientific. He's attacking the electromagnetic currents that keep life and robotics going. That said why wouldn't clones have souls?

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

What about robots? Robots should not have fear.

A combination of nanobots and magic hacking. He reprograms them to feel fear! Besides, it's not like they have brains and Nyx mind controls them just fine

Edited by ValhaHazred

Search the dead doesn't sound like a very good power to have available.

Reach The Dead - A power that taps into the residual quantum energy left over from dead enemies to restore the vitality and power of fellow Tenno. The more dead enemies nearby, the greater the effects.

I am a big fan of the concept, especially the whole mix of nanobot and warlock thing, but i'm kind of soft on his abilities. I like the fear totem, Soul Punch should be more like a Soul Lash, a little range would be nice since once you get to melee range it would have to be pretty strong to compete with a charged melee or maybe even to make up for the amount of damage some will do once you have their gun barrel jammed in your rib cage. Also the whole loot dead thing, it makes sense but maybe something like sending out a swarm of nanobots to suck the life out of the enemies, dealing light damage to all enemies in the area and healing back to the warframe, only a small amount so it will only really help in large aoe and won't be a room clearer. Maybe that works better as an ultimate, but dead bodies don't last that long, unless your team just used some large aoe in a huge group, unless the yield is super op it would be more helpful to have something in the middle of combat rather than once its finished. Other then that i am going to buy this thing instantly it looks sick I love a class like this.

I have no issues with the "enemies you've killed personally" who needs an Orgis? I get plenty of kills via normal means and I use Bow's almost exclusively.

I think all his abilities are cool, but I do agree that "Serch the Dead" seems a little wierd/pointless.... while it is nice because there are no other skills like that. I still think there could be far better/cooler skills.

I was kinda wishing for somekind of skill to either stun/freeze enemies with like giant undead hands grasping your foes and sucking the life force out of them rejuvinating you... I'm still giddy over this frame.

I just want the details on "Clone the Dead" is it within X time? do the cloned enemies have a timer on them? are they gona be like most MMO's when it comes to having minions you can summon where; 1. they are mostly usless. 2. they last a stupidly short amount of time because of a timer. 3. what KIND of enemiies can you res? ONLY standard mobs? can you res enemies like the Machinegunners? Achents? Rollers? (lol)  how many 'minons' can we have? whats the number limmit on them?

^ those questions can just keep going so I'm gona leave it there for now. hopefully more will be revealed closer to update 10 =3

It's probably in the Cthulhu mythos sense. It's not so much spiritual as it is para-scientific. He's attacking the electromagnetic currents that keep life and robotics going. That said why wouldn't clones have souls? 

Robots arent alive, they are on or off. If you disrupt the electricity i guess that makes more sense but then they need to rewrite the explanation.

And clones cant have souls cause you cant copy a soul.

Everyone knows this from Evangelion.

A combination of nanobots and magic hacking. He reprograms them to feel fear! Besides, it's not like they have brains and Nyx mind controls them just fine

Nyx originally had a digital pattern so that always made me think that her mind control was always a some mind trick rather than taking over. And that digital pattern could, of course, effect machines.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

Assuming Soul Punch is in fact % based damage, it'll like be the most useful spell skill in terms of damage, not to mention armor reduction :)

Terror Totem sounds a tiny bit like Radial Blind, but I imagine the additional ability to cause enemies to flee will make it great for clearing a swarmed cryopod in defense and be enough to set it apart.

I'm not too sure about Search the Dead, not so much because it sounds useless, but corpses despawn rather quickly, and unless you have a ton of them lying around or it stays active for a certain amount of time, I can't see it being worth more than 25-50 energy.

What else is there to say about Clone the Dead other than that it sounds FREAKIN' AWESOME. Just so long as the undead clones can take more damage than hot dogs wrapped in tissue paper.

Whether he's bad or good, I can't wait to farm him from the brand-spankin' new J3 Golem! :D

Instead of soul punch why don't you try something in latin. I mean necros tend to be seen as anchent beings so why not have it in latin...it also sounds cooler.

A few i typed in...

-anima messorem        soul reaper

-messorem                  reaper

-anima furem               soul thief

Third ability: Drain - Drain both life and energy from multiple units nearby causing them to to be weak and fragile making them easy targets all the while powering up nearby warframes with added energy and health or just energy. Does the same thing but actually affects the enemy making them more vulnerable.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Soul Punch:  Meh . . . 5% armor reduction?  Make it at least 25 percent.  I'd rather have 50% myself.

In short, it'll be really unexciting unless you're fighting a single target for a long time.

% Damage?  OP maybe?  I'll be able to do 25%(?) damage to any target?  Kills a boss in 4 hits?

Terror Totem:  Neat.  Necro Bastille.  I like it.  Plus, its got some character to it.

One thought . . . I'd rather the effect was centered on the Necro and moved with him.  I'm thinking the "totem" will be kinda silly.

Search the Dead:  I'm sure some people are salivating, but I'm soo bored already.  I plan to immediately forma this spot for a D polarity.  For me, the whole concept is boring.  I'm not here to loot.

Clone the Dead:  Sounds under powered already.  I'm seeing 4 infested runners showing up and immediately exploding.  . . . woot . . .

Baddies do very little damage, individually.  Maybe make this a 3rd ability to replace Search the Dead.

My thought?  Make him summon "Wraiths"  You can control their stats, aggression, attack rate and strength.  And so on.  Even better, make him "prime" (think Molecular Prime) enemies.  Then when you kill them, their souls/wraiths run out of their bodies and attack.

**Please give him 150 armor, like Frost and Rhino.  I want another tank!**

Hope this helps you.  I'll play the hell out of it no matter what.

Love you all, DE!

Edited by CerebrateJoe

Assuming Soul Punch is in fact % based damage, it'll like be the most useful spell skill in terms of damage, not to mention armor reduction :)

Terror Totem sounds a tiny bit like Radial Blind, but I imagine the additional ability to cause enemies to flee will make it great for clearing a swarmed cryopod in defense and be enough to set it apart.

I'm not too sure about Search the Dead, not so much because it sounds useless, but corpses despawn rather quickly, and unless you have a ton of them lying around or it stays active for a certain amount of time, I can't see it being worth more than 25-50 energy.

What else is there to say about Clone the Dead other than that it sounds FREAKIN' AWESOME. Just so long as the undead clones can take more damage than hot dogs wrapped in tissue paper.

Whether he's bad or good, I can't wait to farm him from the brand-spankin' new J3 Golem! :D

for search the dead as you said was useless you are pared with Nova but that still seems situational only.

4. creating a frankenstein from the dead bodies

While I find the idea of Clone the Dead good in general, the idea you had is even more awesome. To use your nano powers to form an amalgation of the dead tissue like the infested themselves do. That would be even cooler. Who wouldn't want to have a fleshgolem-like engine of terror :)