Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

I'm going to chime in and say that I love all of the skills! Including Search the Dead. I mean...this is a loot game...and people are complaining that a power that gives extra loot is bad? I dont even...

Love it love it.

Now, DE, stop reading this thread and pump out U10 quicker! I need mah Necro (aka Tyrone).

Power 1: Yes. Please keep it as Soul Punch, that just sounds so awesome, and I really, REALLY want to make Falcon Punch jokes as much as possible. Having it bounce from one target to another up to X(affected by mod level) number of targets would be great for mob-clearing spam, or mob-debuffing spam, which is what the 1 ability generally is for most warframes.

Power 2:  Terror Totem....I dunno, it depends on how you guys work it I suppose, but if it just makes the enemies that run off just grab cover, and keep shooting you, it'll kind of only work on melee enemies, if it locks them from attacking entirely for a certain amount of time it would be a great way to push away heavy mobs to be dealt with later, or block off smaller mobs while you deal with a larger threat.

Power 3: I'm gunna go ahead and agree with most people here, Search the Dead seems pretty bad for a frame. While I wouldn't argue a mod for increasing drop rates etc. a power like this is going to either A. Be useless because it doesn't effect certain things(Mats, Mods, BPs, etc.), or every single person in the game will get this frame ONLY to use it as a more efficient way to farm, instead of playing the frame because its good and they like the abilities. Even if all his other abilities and stats sucked, they would bring him along just for farming. Which just seems like a bad idea.

I think life drain would definitely be a good option, make it suck health out of enemies and split it between allies in a certain radius, could make him good for both solo, and team play since he could help a team get into a mob of infested and stay alive, or especially, help him give some needed support to no shield/vampire nightmare missions.

Power 4: Have at LEAST 3-5 clones and you got yourselves a deal, less than that and it won't be worthwhile, also, PLEASE keep them around until they from damage, seriously, having a time limit on it would make it extremely difficult to use, you can just limit people by making it so it can't be used until all the clones are dead, or just have a cap of amount controlled per player, so while they can cast it multiple times, it only makes enough clones to get you back to the cap. So if its capped at 5 units at max level, if three of them die and you use it again, you only get two unites etc.

signed all that aside? This guy looks METAL AS HELL and it is awesome.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Edited by ZyloWolfzan

SOUL PUNCH: Very metal and sounds like it would be fun, but is the armor debuff only for the target you punch, or everything in the blast?

TERROR TOTEM: Interesting idea that has worked in other games. I'm curious if you can "herd" enemies into a corner with multiple totems. Might be a great tool for defense missions.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Doesn't fit a necromancer theme at all. This seems like it would be better for some sort of thief or scavenger frame, or even as a mod. I would rather see something sinister like "Explode the Dead" or "siphon the souls of nearby dead for replenishment." Or maybe a combination of the two, such as causing nearby corpses to erupt in AoE damage and have a chance for health orbs to pop out of them. As it is, Search the Dead is something you cast after a battle and turns Necro into some mandatory farm frame, which kills the essence of what this frame is supposed to be.

CLONE THE DEAD: Is this going to be a "Power in Use" thing like Chaos? Is each nanobot going to be time limited like a Chaos cast? Because that is what this skill will be directly competing with. It's also going to make Necro users disregard smaller enemies and only chase after ancients/napalms so they can get that perfect army. That is unless Rollers can be summoned... An army of Necro Rollers rolling across the battlefield would be true terror.

I like the idea of sacrificial abilities that someone mentioned i.e. sacrifice your shields/health to gain extra power or to summon a minion, a Necromancer needs to feel like he can control the dead not be able to gather items from dead bodies.

Make skill 3 a Sacrificial trade off to summon a demon/minion rather then to loot corpses and he will be awesome.

1. Soul punch: send a projectile and has armor debuff that stacks (same as ember fireball animation wise)

2. Fear: deploy a totum and causes enemies to flee away

3. Search the dead: A chance to respawn or cheat death

4. Clone the dead: summons an army of friendly nano bot clones

My oppinion:

1. another projectile skill? not very creative imo

2. might be handy when you are in a tight situation but not very handy for offensive play i think

3. I dont die very often so i dont really think this will be a skill i use all that often (maybe better as mod?)

4. probably the only skill that really makes me want to get this necromancer warframe

Overall on paper the skills sound very dull, when i think of necromancer

i think of skeletal hands coming from the floor and maybe crippling enemies or other things...

Edited by Blackchaosvortex

Sorry you don't have 130581035810583 reanimation spells that all do the same damn thing.

Armor debuff? Needed for bosses and heavies. +1 For Good Thinking!

Fear Totem? Needed for posts now that Bastille isn't godly anymore. +1 For Different Frames In Defense!

Search The Dead? Sounds like a way to tank semi efficiently when in trouble! +1 For Survivability!

Clone The Dead? Now no one will suggest Loki to make a clone of himself instead of RD! +1 For Not Dealing With That.

OF COURSE, The model is not even in place. It is up to DE whether or not he is a success, overpowering, or not worth getting.

And of course he will be hell to farm and be close if not 400 plat..

why not change the charging power to a stronger than the nova, so I see this is good, ¿but why not add a source with a good damage or a nova is good, because innovation is the best warframe in now damage.!? ¿Why not another waframe and NECRO!? give more damage too, and think about what to give more damage emmm this warframe if nova is one of the best in warframe Tenno damage ..! some like this warframe only get the xp to take the new warframe! ...! give something stronger than NOVA or warframe not get the same good luck for this warframe other players do not have good luck for me and will not have many especatativas for other players must give more damage stronger than rhino will not have so much NOVA's success warframe

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

It feels like the skills are more of the case of "got to try it, before anything else ". But more remarkably i find that the search the dead is pretty useful and a "not-skill" kind of skill. 

Straight up to the point, feels like an utility, more of an mod kind of thing, but simultaneously, don't know how we'd make it into a mod.

Using the skill also brings me to an question: Is it like an single target thing? Because it would be really annoying to search each body.

So i honestly would rather suggest making that skill, change to something like "Devour" or anything, both being offensive and useful. (also could mean that it wouldn't need to have an new animation, maybe an leaping animation.. kind of..like jumping to the target and then devour it.).

Cool affect would also be, if any ally is near, they would get some kind of extra health/energy/stamina back from this. (Insert rage mods here *wink wink*)

About Terror Totem.. Well... Don't make it deploy-able. Honestly.. NEVER make an deploy-able skill that initiates fleeing deploy-able.

Both because it would make the skill overshadow any other crowd control skills ( specially in defense missions ) and because well.. it would just make just make the mission boring without any enemies to fight against, since we would have totems everywhere telling the enemies to just leave. 

Long story short, we'd have players deploying Terror Totems in spawn points and defense missions without actuality defending anything, plus what use is to deploy more than one Terror Totem?

Would be much better if it was an active skill, in which worked like chaos (from Nyx).

Everything else is fine, personally find the ultra skill fun to use.

And here are my old suggestions i posted a while ago, when it was announced that we'd have an necro frame:

Death mist : After activating, the player gets surrounded by a mist of death. Similar of toxic ancients, which deals damage overtime, it is an deploy-able skill which can increase in size, duration and damage, that kills enemies which are whitin the rage of this ability.  It looks like a huge cloud and can partially disorient (and if they are near you when you cast it  → stuns) enemies which are close to the mist.

Decay : Decay is an AOE (area of affect) debuff that decreases resistance to all types of damage. (element / armor piercing / laser ..etc), while making the enemy amazingly fragile and slow. Physical damage, from melee, is amazingly reduced.

Terror : Didn't think much on this one, but initially, i thought it has (the name suggests) something  that would cause massive fear to enemies. But simultaneously, i also wanted it to be a damaging skill. So i thought it would be cool if it was somewhat like decoy, but.. that would freak out enemies and then explode into an horrifying thing that kills stuff.

Immortality : Any Tenno in the mission, including yourself, can still move regardless if health and shields are reduced to 0. While simultaneously healing you extremely slowly anyone who is at "dead state" - 0 health.

Edited by akkerusia

#1 Projectiles are a waste of 25 energy, a quarter of what it would cost to blow up a whole room. Unless the armor debuff is strong enough to warrant it, it's not going to see any serious use, like 90% of the #1 skills we have right now. Maybe somewhat useful on bosses, provided you don't use armor penetrating weapons like you should in the first place...

#2 A worse version of bastille basically. Also, sending enemies running is usually the worst form of cc. A side benefit of bastille was that it also packed up mobs in a small area, ready to be aoed to death and kept them still.

#3 Verdict is still out on that one, might be a farming tool or somewhat useful for supporting other party members using better skills themselves...

#4 Might be semi useful. Biggest problem being mob ai, and you won't get a benefit out of it unless you just killeda heavy enemy against weaker ones, which aren't much of a threat anway. Nyx seems better fit for that job; enemies killing each other seems superior to having to herd a trail of mobs around.

Generally liking the skills, though I'm not that convinced of Search the Dead - I kind of like that you were going for another Non-Combat Utility skill on a WF but this sounds a bit stale :/

Maybe make it that you have to target a corpse, which consecutively explodes (with low dmg) staggers enemies and behaves like a loot-pinata.
Just as a quick idea, basically anything goes as long as it makes the skill fun :).

Generally liking the skills, though I'm not that convinced of Search the Dead - I kind of like that you were going for another Non-Combat Utility skill on a WF but this sounds a bit stale :/

Maybe make it that you have to target a corpse, which consecutively explodes (with low dmg) staggers enemies and behaves like a loot-pinata.

Just as a quick idea, basically anything goes as long as it makes the skill fun :).

Bahahahaha... Loot Pinata!  I'm going to use that in a sentence today, somehow.  Thank you, sir.

i mean this 

1. Soul punch: send a projectile and has armor debuff that stacks (same as ember fireball animation wise)

2. Fear: deploy a totum and causes enemies to flee away

3. Search the dead: A chance to respawn or cheat death

4. Clone the dead: summons an army of friendly nano bot clones

y no like this powers i no die much but i no like this powers for  one reason the best player no like to using this warframe only for xp and why no give powers with good damage like a nova  , nova is the best warframe FOR NOW!!! just for this powers why not 

change 4th power for reamining demonds and shot some thing like a shuriken and destroy all enemies in one range for place or just give good powers with good damage i this game some poeple want to go more waves in defense why not give good damage in this warframe and good shield and health why not do LEGEND WARFRAMES ( one thing if this is a old warframe in the history the warframe why no give LEGEND WARFRAMES ?? )