Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Everyone suggestion Charon, be aware that Charon is the name of Pluto's biggest moon.

I like Erebus, Personification of Darkness, consort of Nyx.  Thanatos is overdone.

Moros is also cool, the personification of Doom.

Fun fact. The guy that discovered charon named it after his wife

My thoughts

SOUL PUNCH (know-how): mag-like pull, drag and pull enemies in the cone, crush them against the floor, inflicting 50\100\200\500 damage and reducing their armor by 5% per SP use (stackable)

ABOMINATION (self-buff): sacrificing his shield, nekro absorbs the souls of his fallen enemies, growing up a bone spike armor upon himself. Up to 2\4\8\10 kills grants 1000\1500\2000\3000 absorbing damage, renewing by every new kill.

TERROR TOTEM(team-based buff): 10\15\20\30 sec long deployable skull, sticking to any surface, producing a link-like jumping beam (2\3\4\6 jumps), with 50% chance to freeze and 50% to cause panic

LICH WRATH(ult): 10\15\20\30 sec buff, twicing team shield and health regen, spilling them from nearby (10\15\20\30 meters radius). If Nekro falls durin the wrath buff, he's able to resurrect himself

So basically let's combine rhino and trinity into one frame and then double the current cap, rendering every other frame but Nova and Saryn into obsolescence, also gets free revive.

2TP2PHE.jpg

You heard it right Tenno, new abilities for Necro are in the works! We discussed our current plans and are interested in your thoughts and discussion.

Please post all discussion about Necro abilities here so we can easily keep track.

Recap:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

"SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking."
[i have never seen a necro in any game do direct damage. That is not what the necro is about so you need to rethink that one.The debuff element is ok but 5% sounds weak and useless even with stacking. Great another skill I have to spam to see results...] 

-

"TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to
freeze in fear; the rest will flee."
[Freeze in fear maybe but the flee part NO! Unless you fix the AI of your mobs I highly suggest no flee. We have enough problems with mobs hiding in defense and we have to run around looking for that last one. Having multiple ones run off.... Sounds good in theory but it also sounds like more of a headache.]

-

"SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses."
[Define what you mean by loot. If he is just going to make ammo drops and credits appear then boooo! If he is going to make health, energy, and resources appear then great!]

-

"CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed."
[This is a great skill and the only one that seems interesting]

I don't agree with the Necro powers AT ALL!!! I'm very disappointed. Necromancers don't do what they implied they do.

Instead of Soul Punch, the 1st power should have been a single target poison which turns the targetted enemy into a bone shard grenade after it dies.

Terror Totem is alright, but I don't agree with Search The Dead. That should be another single target move where the Necro poisons the enemy and upon death the enemies health would be absorbed by the player as temporary armor much like Rhino's "Iron Skin."

Here's a practical question, how do you prevent your fellow tenno from shooting your zombie clones?  They certainly don't refrain from shooting mind controlled or chaos'd enemies.

Would be a good idea for them to be able to be shot through without puncture, seeing as they're technocyte clones?/weakened corpse clones?

Personally I do not want to see Search the Dead make resources or mods drop. If it can, then it too heavily incentivizes bringing a Necro Waframe into higher level areas (especially defense missions) just for the farm factor.

If it only drops health/energy orbs and ammo pickups, that would be fine.

Recap:

SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to

freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.

I feel as though you should consider flipping the second and third ability, or just out right change the third ability. We really don't need another ability that's only slightly less situational (i.e. terrible) as Silence is. Even if the loot gives mods, unless it's an outrageously high chance (which would be too good), it'll be boring, bland, and trivial in the end. I for one will never find a use for it and will be polarizing it away, as I'm sure many others will as well.

I'm kind of disappointed there's no bone style skill as well. One of my favorite themes of a necromancer is his ability to manipulate/work closely with bone (which is probably why I loved the D2 Necromancer, and the Synergies Necromancer in Torchlight 2). I would love you forever if you made an ability that caused the bones of organic creatures to explode outwardly of them, whether it did damage or was a glorified CC.

That last ability is going to be a pain to balance. First off, is it only the Necro's kills (like it's worded)? I hope not, as with weapons like Sniper rifles you don't exactly clear rooms in record times (especially on teams). Secondly, can you circumvent the x amount of enemies by hitting the ability more than once? If so, it'll be extremely hard to balance around multiple uses versus single use (especially if you allow the kills of allied players to be resurrected). Lastly, how will the stats of the resurrected allies work? You can't have them too weak, but if you're able to resurrect level 300 Ancients at full power, we now have Nyx 2.0, except with even less risk to use (once you kill a few anyway). We all saw how much things changed going from enemies having 1-8 (decoys/molts) targets to 30+ once Chaos was introduced. This is only going to exemplify that.

Eh, either way, good job. Looking forward to playing the Necro when he's out.

He seems way too niche, I can't imagine that the current meta of "blow everything in the room up" is going to mesh well with his... cough... "undead legions". I also have reservations against the totem and the seemingly mediocre line attack that is Soul Punch.

But like everybody else I'll have to reserve my opinion for when we've actually had a chance to try the bugger.

I'm with everyone on the idea that his third ability makes no sense and is just lame.

We know now that for his fourth he uses nano bots but other than his 4th he doesn't use the nano bots for anything else?

I was thinking a power that involved the nanobots for his third like when you press 3 a target reticle appears on the floor and follow your mouse allowing you to choose where the ability activates. After you take your hand off 3 nanobots will move to that area and create a coffin around any enemies within the chosen area then remaining nano bots will turn into swords and basically stab the coffins dealing damage to enemies that were in them, anything that doesn't die has a debuff applied to them.

Or if we want more explosions the same AoE targeting reticle where you aim but when you take your hand off the 3 instead of coffins necro turns his nanobots into skulls that charge at the chosen area and explode there, doing damage but also leaving gas clouds behind that poisons and debuffs anything that walks into the gas clouds(we all know you've got those new colored gases that you've made for the new tileset).

We get tired of the "press x button,affect applied immediately" system sometimes we want to aim too it's fun!

Edited by Hazmatzone

Awesome!

post-15416-Necromancer-mouse-summoning-t

But, the third power sound like a passive power... I hope. ^^

This is a good point if it were something that you activate and forget for awhile and you just get more or better loot it would potentially be more effective. Give it like a minute cooldown or something.

Looks good, but what kinda loot is generated? he may become the best farmer ever if he can pop fresh mods out of dead things. it's like double lootz.

also x% damage? as in, if i use soul punch i knock 30% of your life out per hit? or i hit 30% of your remaining life out?  i hope #1. could be a nice finisher then.

I hoped he would go AoE debuff/ bone armour/rise the undead. Not sure corpselooting is a good idea, but eh. Here's hope soulpunch is aoe.

Call me boring, but perfectly, he should have a lot of "press'n'forget" on him. 

Say... AoE Curse that lowers damage/armour, and may be contagious (nanobots ftw), bone armour that stacks up per enemy killed in range, and just plain old "rise an army" from whoever is around. Dunno about his first, really, I'd call for a spike he shoots that would explode upon death of target into many more such spikes.

Edited by GTG3000

Show me your moves! Soul PAWNCH!

The name, keep it, its classy. As for armor debuff... we cant really judge without experiencing the armor and elemental changes. Will we want more elemental debuff as well? we don't know.

The Terror totem. CC is fine and all but I don't know about the run in fear part for whoever is not petrified. Just seems good for infested only. Now if it caused panic and made them randomly shoot each other because of absurd amount of accuracy debuff yet not a total mine control like nyx. I'd like.

Search the dead seems very limited and more like what the new Sentinel or sentinel mod should do. "Want to farm more resources, ONLY use Necro. or always have a Necro" it's a pigeonhole. If it caused health orbs to pop out of all the dead bodies... Maybe... But if it causes more resource drops, it will just be a coal miner suit.

Clone the dead. I see nothing wrong with it. It all depends on the X amount.

Love Soul Punch and Search the Dead!

Totem is like whateva... could be something better here, maybe radial disarm- like fear effect. Totem makes him no better than big owl from WoW :/

And big NO to Clone the Dead! C'mon guys you can do better than this! Wouldn't be nice to mass dismiss their souls? ^^, turn "them" to ashes?,

rip their souls from the body to use them as a "human shield" ? Would be so cool to wield tormented soul as temporary dmg sponge >:]

Give him some cementary stench, not voodoo wand.

I was hoping for more terror when using this frame ;]