Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

Looking at the skill set, (ignoring skill 3) necro's 2 and 4 abilities are both area denial abilities, yet there is nothing on the skill set to give necro himself some staying power. Since the previous Warframe has a focus on damage output, and Vauban before that placed a focus on area denial, it would be nice to give necro some ability to tank.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses.

Nothing good can come from this ability.

1. Magic find killed Diablo, and it will kill Warframe.

a)If there is a chance for mods/resources to generate, then all players who are "farming" will run Necro.

b)If they don't have a chance to generate mods/resources, then the forums will be flooded with the reoccurring topic of why it should be added. Players will wear you down until you give in, which will result in Part a).

2. We can allow it to generate mods and resources as long as only 1 Necro is allowed to "Harvest" a corpse.

a) If the ability is self-only (Meaning only the necro gets items) see 1.a and then add on top of it multiple necros fighting over corpses

b) If the ability is self-only, but the corpse can be used by all Necros, we are back to 1.a

c) If the ability is team-based, but can only be activated once, then it will still be a case of 1.a for PuGs because players will not risk not having Necro

d) If the ability is team-based, and can be activated multiple times, then you will have the skew the probability chances to the point of nil in order to avoid a mod/resource inflation spike along with 1.a which will cause player frustration

I dont think two utility abilities are the right way to go.

(1) is imho great

You get CC from (2) which i believe is good thing on every frame to have such ability

(3) in my opinion is a waste.

(4) seems great to me even though its wasn't stated if nanobots are suppose to heal allies or do dmg. In any way im glad we don't raise zombies

In any way please do notice that all changes to old frames announced on live stream are adding dmg attributes to old utility abilities. Mainly to frames where there was more then one.

Your best frames yet all have one utility ability (bounce on vauban is questionable Bastille is its cc, nova don't have CC but wormhole is excellent utility skil)

I would rather see either corpse to explode and do some aoe dmg while droping the mod or replace number 3 with something with poinson or blood drain vibe to it.

Ehhh...my only big beef here is with Search the Dead.  For some reason, I just don't like the idea of giving up an ability slot for something that just generates more loot.  I'd much rather have an ability, offensive or defensive, that helps me deal with the enemies that are still alive and trying to kill me. 

Soul Punch as a damage+stacking debuff sounds cool. I like it as is.

Terror Totem is a nice concept, but I think it would be cooler if it was a radial effect that comes from the Warframe himself instead of a deployable object. Just 'Terror', basically.

Search the dead is neat, but it would be awesome if he could also generate health from dead enemies, in addition to bonus loot.

Ultimate is great as is.

I for one like the idea of the search the dead if its something you can cast on enemies before they die which increases the ability to drop rarer mods and materials or how about if you cast it on a boss and he dies then theres an increased chance for a blueprint drop this would be amazing for farming for anything only thing I would change is the name to something like graverobber life drain seems a bit too generic and it would probably put trinity out of a job as she is the healer frame

I think Search the Dead is a disastrously bad idea.

Consider how much we grind in the game - we grind for mods, for credits, for resources, for blueprints. Now you want to introduce a frame that's clearly better at finding loot than the others. This can possibly unbalance the game big time - everybody will be running around suited up in Necros out of fear they migh miss out on some rare drop.

Not only that - it will also be boring. I remember that Diablo II barbarian class had the same power. Oh, how much I hated stopping over every dead monster and molesting its remains for a piece of gold or a potion. 'Here I am' - I used to think - 'Going "Hng!" over this dead dude here, while I could be somewhere else, fighting, casting powers, you know, having fun'.

I hope you guys will change your mind about this skill - because otherwise you're just creating additional work for yourself in the future.

i dont really like this frame or the necro theme in general it doesnt suit warframe maybe if used drones or something it would be better 1 would sound better as soul crush and can we have 20% armor reduction without stacking? i mean the enemy would probebly already be dead after the first or second time you use it unless its a boss 2 i dont like the totem can it be an aoe around the frame when its cast and doesnt move with the frame and the running away sounds pretty anoying really make it a slow or something maybe damage over time 3 this shouldnt be a skill change it to something else please 4 i need more info on this to give feedback

Would prefer Life Drain over Search, but if it pops HP orbs I'll live with it. Lose potential to heal pets, gain potential on defenses for ammo.

Percentage based attack on Soul Punch? Interesting. Pointless at low levels barring bosses, potentially amazing at high levels. Look forward to it.

Hoping his ult isn't based on HIS kills, otherwise he won't pair with anyone but Ash and Loki.

Name him Thanatos please.

Edited by Archwizard

I wanna use plat but i already have every frame so i need something to work for. def rush building tho lol. I need some plat for scarves :D

I also dislike search dead. Thanatos.. are u a malaka too? Lol. It is too many syllables for a warframe. I know excal is more but it flows easier

Edited by shadowkinz

would be pretty cool if the soul punch would make the enemies tremble and shake like when you hit them with electrically modded weapons. also would clone the dead cause the friendly clones to actually look like corpses, normal/ slightly recolored versions or holograms like loki's?

I'd like to say a big NO to Necro's #3.

I'd like to see something like a poison aura, perhaps a bone wall or bone armor. I do not want an ability to loot corpses..

It's bad enough council farked up the new sent with that crap...

That's so true, I had forgotten that DE wasn't making any more frames or sentinels after these two new ones.