Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm thinking about getting a Switch for Warframe, but the eternal question; start over or migrate? What are you guys doing? [Discussion]

KelsierSurvivor

So I'm sure alot of us are excited for Warframe on the Switch. I wasn't planning on getting a Switch until I saw that Warframe was coming to it. It would be highly convenient to have a mobile way to play. But here's the question we've all been asking ourselves (On PC, anyway. I don't know if PS4 and Xbox are able to migrate. I would assume they can though.); migrate our account, or restart the game?

I really don't know what I want to do. If I migrate my account, I have already gotten through most of the content, but I can help the new players that will surely be starting. It won't be a problem at all for someone of MR 16 with over 20 frames and many more weapons with every node unlocked to help out the NinTenno. I'm sure someone with experience would be appreciated amongst the newbies. But then again, I surely wouldn't be the only Tenno that migrated and is willing to help.

Now if I were to restart, I would have the whole game ahead of me, I'd get to experience what was (for me) the most exciting part of the game; the beginning through the mid-tier. It would be alot easier with the knowledge I have now. I could still help the newer players and not even have the ability to show them up in every mission possible with all my fancy weapons and leveled mods and Transference. (Which I use VERY carefully when helping new players. The unsaid rule, guys.) It would be fun to make my Operator a female on that account and keep this one male though. Which I suppose I could still do even with migration and with extra cosmetics and focus for starting out, but it doesn't really matter. 

So what are you guys gonna do? These are just some of the things that have been circling in my mind. I want to hear you guys' thoughts. We can all benefit from hearing other points of view and reasons for which choice people choose. 

3 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

I'd prefer to just migrate my account and make another when I'm feeling the itch. That way I can jump right in to stuff 😄

Wait... you're saying you can have both on the same platform? Would you need two emails for that? If you don't need two emails, then this solves all of my problems. Lol

2 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Wait... you're saying you can have both on the same platform? Would you need two emails for that? If you don't need two emails, then this solves all of my problems. Lol

I'd assume you'd need more than one account (email) since it would work like any other console. I just don't mind doing that if I want alternate accounts 🙂 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I couldn't take the graphic hit. Good luck to you. I would never risk PC account to play on a switch. I'd sooner get a laptop if I needed WF on the go.

I think that when you "migrate" an account, you actually just make a clone on the other platform. If you do indeed lose your account on the current platform, then I will just start a new account on the switch.

2 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I think that when you "migrate" an account, you actually just make a clone on the other platform. If you do indeed lose your account on the current platform, then I will just start a new account on the switch.

Ohhhh..... It's just a clone? Then I would definitely do it then. I thought it was either/or.

Personally, Warframe isn't the kind of game I would want to start over from. Theres too much a risk of burnout to retread already repetitive content to get what you've already had. Also, with updates coming, it's not like you won't have more to do.

Edited by Hypernaut1

7 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

Can you clone your PC account do PS4 and play the same account on both platforms?

"play the same account", yes. The difference is that they have different progress. 

For example, you have a Volt on PC and a handful of weapons. You clone the account, it has all of the same stuff. On PC, you get a Rhino. The other platform does not gain anything. You have to work separately.

It's like in most Sci-fi. When clones are made, they are all started exactly the same, but they can take completely different paths in the long run. (ie. Star Wars. The difference between an average Clone Trooper and Captain Rex, for example.)

42 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

"play the same account", yes. The difference is that they have different progress. 

For example, you have a Volt on PC and a handful of weapons. You clone the account, it has all of the same stuff. On PC, you get a Rhino. The other platform does not gain anything. You have to work separately.

It's like in most Sci-fi. When clones are made, they are all started exactly the same, but they can take completely different paths in the long run. (ie. Star Wars. The difference between an average Clone Trooper and Captain Rex, for example.)

Damn i never knew it. So i play on PC (i have like 730/h played) and my gf has a ps4. I never had the gas to start over on ps4 but if i can clone my account and start from where i'm at thats awesome.

How do i do that?

Just now, Gerdaro said:

Damn i never knew it. So i play on PC (i have like 730/h played) and my gf has a ps4. I never had the gas to start over on ps4 but if i can clone my account and start from where i'm at thats awesome.

How do i do that?

I don't really know how. My guess would be that you contact support in some form or fashion, or it's when you are logging in to the game for the first time. Try using the credentials to your PC account maybe? I'm really not the person to ask about this. I've never migrated an account before. Lol

2 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

How do i do that?

I think it's only available during a platform launch, so you probably can't do it anymore for PS4.

just think about all the farm in which you thought: omg thats so boring, just end it already. (it could be farming for resources or frame parts/other items).

if you cant think of any or sinking your time on them just doesnt bother you much, then go for it.

after all my best experience with the game was early on doing journeys.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

starting over might be a better idea, that way, you dont lose your current warframe account to nintendo...

But, you don’t. From what happened during the last account migration with PC to PS4/Xbox, the PC account maintained its presence but a semi-carbon copy of it was ported to consoles (with the exclusion of certain PC-exclusive concepts such as Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, Lato Prime, etc.).