Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunts: Oberon VS Harrow - Who is the better choice?

Joe_Barbarian

21 час назад, lukinu_u сказал:

About the "skill required", I mean Oberon need to place the carpet and allies have to go in while Harrow just have to cast and wait.

Reload speed can be negligible on some weapons, especially if you already oneshot, and for the crit chance buff, it's rarely useable because it require you to have the right timing if you want to use to damage the Eidolon AND protect the magnetic procs.

As for armor, if not everyone run corrosive projection (it happen a lot with random groups or when people prefer using the sniper aura), destroy armor always a plus, especially when it don't consume a Void Strike charge because it's a power.

Oh Man. It is so difficult to look down and press one button. 900iq plays right her. 

Reload speed benefits ALL weapons, period. It also affects charge rate which is ideal for lanka, its awesome for slow as fck rubico, it makes vectis even better as well as euphona and it turns knell into a machine gun. Some one mentioned arcanes for fire rate huh? Throw that trash away in favor of something more useful like avenger, energize or literally anything else.

Who it was that said that Chrome that needs crit buff to one short sucks a**? Well if you need 3 cp guess what. 

3 hours ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

One guy with Sarpa Shattering Impact is superior to 3x Corrosive Projection because then you can fill the aura slot with damage boost and armor will get reduced anyways. Basics.

Harrow has fire rate buff too, I don't think Oberon can speed up the fight. But Oberon is better than Trinity imo since Oberon can both keep the lures alive and negate magnetic proc. I don't know if Harrow's covenant crit buff applies to operator amp, am not experienced enough to notice, but I don't see a reason to bring Harrow over a second Rhino if it doesn't. But yeah, if you got a good Ivara you shouldn't need a second Rhino, might as well be another Volt.

Edit: just took the time to read the topic and yeah Harrow does have that 200% cc headshot buff. But you probably don't need it if you have Ivara and Limbo on squad, or just a very good Ivara. I still don't know of Phoenix Revival works on lures, didn't see anyone mention that.

Oberons heal aren't that strong on the lures. I wouldn't use that argument for him.

Harrow seems like a better option simply because energy protection and critical buff that comes with it. If you want to argue in favor of non-meta setups you can always just take anti-magnetic arcanes and get a buffer frame like octavia/banshee (or whatever works on eidolons) instead of harrow and possibly do it even faster.

3 hours ago, Jitsuryoku said:

Harrow seems like a better option simply because energy protection and critical buff that comes with it. If you want to argue in favor of non-meta setups you can always just take anti-magnetic arcanes and get a buffer frame like octavia/banshee (or whatever works on eidolons) instead of harrow and possibly do it even faster.

the only time I have seen the harrow crit buff help in on the kill.  but I am generally inexperienced which is why I like Oberon as he helps with what I find the hardest parts of the fight (hydrolist mag bubbles and gantalyst instant kill lasers I know they are not instant but I am bad at avoiding them)

Honestly I cannot really compare Oberon or Harrow since they support in different ways.

With Oberon you can "passively" support with renewal augment and give them the armor buff and move on to focus on the mission at hand. He also has smite infusion to augment the damage output of your own team with one of the better elements (radiation). 

Harrow needs to be much more active and aggressive to support, requiring to do damage to heal and to kill for energy. That means if a team is too killy it will severely hamper his own support, though when the team is getting overwhelmed (like those kill zones in max level Plains where people get KOed a lot) Harrow tends to become much stronger support. 

One other thing to note is that Oberon is not JUST support and has much more CC/area control potential than Harrow (whose 1 is admittingly still a good CC). Oberon makes up for any weaknesses with being able to do entirely different roles WHILE also supporting. 

In the end though, I love both of them.

Taking a look at the replies, I see there are some good reasons to use Harrow over Oberon but ultimately what it comes down to is the situation. I understand that public groups Harrow is basically idiot-proofing the hunt where as Oberon can work better in pre-made groups, however those aren't the only situations. As someone who always done hunts in pre-made groups with friends we've always used Oberon because the cheat death as a "Just in case" as we normally use a slot to teach new hunters within the alliance.

Consider me educated.

Edit: As for Limbo, I'd rather get my legs waxed but not before getting my man hood pruned via tweezers.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

On ‎2018‎-‎10‎-‎30 at 9:58 AM, Omnijack said:

Came to shill limbo, but it seems my limbros have already come and made our position clear. Cataclysm fo' life.

I've actually learned quite a bit. I like running them solo, so I'll probably keep with the modified duration build for Lure Jockeying, but I'll try adjusting the build to add more range, since I didn't know Limbo could stop the Eidolon healing in the final phase. That could seriously hasten my progress.

• 3 years later...

Lets compare what Harrow's passive AND abilities can do vs Oberon's and see the diffrence:

Passive: Harrow's passive gives him full energy at the start of the mission and higher overshields. This is useful in basically every situation. Oberon's passive makes your pets much better but pets are basically useless on Eidolon hunts so might as well not exist.

1: Both Harrow's and Oberon's first abilities are borderline useless in Eidolon hunts. Oberon's augment for Smite gives it some use but neither of them are super good for Eidolon hunting.

2: Harrow heal scales off of damage which can be much higher than Oberon's + it gives you fire rate and reload speed all the while not being a channeled ability, allowing him to regenerate energy while it is active. Oberon has Hallowed Ground, which gives allies standing inside, including Oberon, total status immunity and gives extra armor to those affected by his 3rd ability. Both are very useful for Eidolon hunting.

3: Harrow gives you the ability to regen energy upon kills. Just blast a few poor Grineer sky high and refill your entire bar, doesn't matter if you have a magnetic proc active, it won't last longer than this (Magnetic procs are getting reworked though to only drain a certain amount instead of your the entirety of it. This gives Oberon an easier time because of not becoming useless the second he gets hit with a Magnetic proc). Oberon has "Renewal", a very good AOE heal ability that has no requierment but has a significant amount of drain. Being a channeled ability with, as I said, a high drain in a mission with a very low amount of enemies is not very good. He can run out of energy very fast and become what is the equivilant of a gun platform for potentially the rest of the mission. If this happens, Oberon will either have to use a consumeable or fly around to kill enemies hoping that they drop energy orbs unless there is a frame who has energy regen in their kit. This is fine but if you intend to go solo this may cause issues.

4: Harrow absorbs all damage taken for a short period and turns it into a flat crit chance boost that is additive to base crit chance. Allies are immune to status effects during this too, basically making it a Hallowed Ground but better. Flat increase in dps and invulnerability for quite a long duration is obviously super good. Oberon's 4 is useless on Eidolon hunts. Maybe does something to the Vomvalyst's but the big boy does not care and even for the little dudes its a waste of energy.

Purely judging off of abilities, Harrow's kit has only 1 ability that isn't useful for Eidolons but Oberon has a whopping 3 abilities that are essentially dead in the water (passive included, only 2 if you use the smite augment) for Eidolon hunting, all the while Harrow has what are most of the time better versions of Oberon's 2 useful abilities.

35 minutes ago, GenocidalTunaCan said:

Lets compare what Harrow's passive AND abilities can do vs Oberon's and see the diffrence:

Passive: Harrow's passive gives him full energy at the start of the mission and higher overshields. This is useful in basically every situation. Oberon's passive makes your pets much better but pets are basically useless on Eidolon hunts so might as well not exist.

1: Both Harrow's and Oberon's first abilities are borderline useless in Eidolon hunts. Oberon's augment for Smite gives it some use but neither of them are super good for Eidolon hunting.

2: Harrow heal scales off of damage which can be much higher than Oberon's + it gives you fire rate and reload speed all the while not being a channeled ability, allowing him to regenerate energy while it is active. Oberon has Hallowed Ground, which gives allies standing inside, including Oberon, total status immunity and gives extra armor to those affected by his 3rd ability. Both are very useful for Eidolon hunting.

3: Harrow gives you the ability to regen energy upon kills. Just blast a few poor Grineer sky high and refill your entire bar, doesn't matter if you have a magnetic proc active, it won't last longer than this (Magnetic procs are getting reworked though to only drain a certain amount instead of your the entirety of it. This gives Oberon an easier time because of not becoming useless the second he gets hit with a Magnetic proc). Oberon has "Renewal", a very good AOE heal ability that has no requierment but has a significant amount of drain. Being a channeled ability with, as I said, a high drain in a mission with a very low amount of enemies is not very good. He can run out of energy very fast and become what is the equivilant of a gun platform for potentially the rest of the mission. If this happens, Oberon will either have to use a consumeable or fly around to kill enemies hoping that they drop energy orbs unless there is a frame who has energy regen in their kit. This is fine but if you intend to go solo this may cause issues.

4: Harrow absorbs all damage taken for a short period and turns it into a flat crit chance boost that is additive to base crit chance. Allies are immune to status effects during this too, basically making it a Hallowed Ground but better. Flat increase in dps and invulnerability for quite a long duration is obviously super good. Oberon's 4 is useless on Eidolon hunts. Maybe does something to the Vomvalyst's but the big boy does not care and even for the little dudes its a waste of energy.

Purely judging off of abilities, Harrow's kit has only 1 ability that isn't useful for Eidolons but Oberon has a whopping 3 abilities that are essentially dead in the water (passive included, only 2 if you use the smite augment) for Eidolon hunting, all the while Harrow has what are most of the time better versions of Oberon's 2 useful abilities.

I bet you'd take Nekros

• Like 4