Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunts: Oberon VS Harrow - Who is the better choice?

Joe_Barbarian

Oberon VS Harrow

Now, I'll be honest i'm biased towards Oberon but I'd really like to know why people prefer Harrow. I get it Harrow can do the whole "ROFL IMMUNE" and does the whole jumping in the lake stuff. But Isn't that just annoying and reducing the potential damage on the Eidolon?

Oberon kit comes with the magical magnetic nullifying carpet and cheat death renewal. At present I just see Harrow as a "I can't afford Oberon Prime but somehow had the time to farm Harrow, lol jk i just bought him after farming for days and not getting his stupid systems" Like if your carrying a friend thats cool, thats why we have trinity and the free trinity prime twitch prime. 

I don't really get it, Harrow makes you immune but hey you'll be in operator anyway for that void strike buff which you're not getting on Harrow because you're too busy jumping in water than actually contributing. I also know the whole "But did you know you can have Arcane nullifiers you can make yourself 100% immune rofl" Yeah but Oberon does that for freaking free with his magical carpet. Yes but what if I don't have all those nullifiers or if I rather use different arcanes like guardian and Momentum because my Rubico Riven got me with a -30% reload speed?

So please, someone educate me, why are people saying that Harrow is Superiour to Oberon. If someone says "but crit buff" just do yourself a favour and walk out because if you're not already 1 shotting limbs without adarza kavat, then you should all just run adarza's because omg they offer 60% buff ... wait for it ... EACH that's 60 x 4 = 240% possible crit buff (more like a 80~90% ish uptime on a 60%)

So yeah. Educate me

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

i'd say harrow. cus harrow can protect your energy from the otherwise unescapable mag proc(well unless you got a limbo but its a bit more clunkier imo). last time i've tried it with oberon, it did not protect my energy from getting drained rip. 

Looks to me like you explained the reasons people prefer Harrow - damage immunity+crit chance bonus that is on time. Also, if you want opinions you wrote this post in a very dishonest way. Harrow usualy has 80-100% duration for the buff to end exacly as you can cast the next one. I run my at 78%. If you see a Harrow jumping into the lake, either something has gone wrong, he is a noob, or he got a but that prevents any abilitiest to be casted. On top of that you shouldnt jump inot water with your frame since it will drain your energy, do it with operator.

Edited by Xardis

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

i'd say harrow. cus harrow can protect your energy from the otherwise unescapable mag proc(well unless you got a limbo but its a bit more clunkier imo). last time i've tried it with oberon, it did not protect my energy from getting drained rip. 

Go into operator mode with your warframe on the magic carpet and your warframe is protected against the magnetic proc and it keeps all the energy. So he works with an organised group that knows where the carpet will be (should be under the eidolons feet) and for allies to actually stand on the carpet.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Go into operator mode with your warframe on the magic carpet and your warframe is protected against the magnetic proc and it keeps all the energy. So he works with an organised group that knows where the carpet will be (should be under the eidolons feet) and for allies to actually stand on the carpet.

"organized groups" yeah ofc. but the problem there is majority of this game does the stuff they do on pubs. thats prolly why harrow is preferred. and crit buff is always nice. 

4 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

I don't get why people use Limbo just for the Mag proc.

He can protect the Lures really well since most of the attacks that pass through the rift don't target them. He's better suited as a lure jockey than an anti-mag proc. Short range and some power strength and his banish augment and you can keep the lures without much effort.

I myself prefer Volt to go Unairu Wisp and to swap Chroma for Oberon. Volt with Lanka and Harrow buff can already one shot limbs and main eido. Oberon is there to help with random things like random magnetic procs and people not getting the knockbacks from the waves. So Harrow + Oberon.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

"organized groups" yeah ofc. but the problem there is majority of this game does the stuff they do on pubs. thats prolly why harrow is preferred. and crit buff is always nice. 

But the amount of people I see pushing Harrow even in pre-made groups is just a WTH to me, If you have a competent Chroma that's not running Narrowminded because they can actually manage their buff properly and have a decent enough range that other players can make use of the Vex Armor buff (Mines at 957% damage buff with 18m range) then you don't need the extra crit from Harrow.

Just now, Loza03 said:

I don't get why people use Limbo just for the Mag proc.

He can protect the Lures really well since most of the attacks that pass through the rift don't target them. He's better suited as a lure jockey than an anti-mag proc. Short range and some power strength and his banish augment and you can keep the lures without much effort.

cus i can do that with vazarin or trin with less button presses and coordination already. 

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

But the amount of people I see pushing Harrow even in pre-made groups is just a WTH to me, If you have a competent Chroma that's not running Narrowminded because they can actually manage their buff properly and have a decent enough range that other players can make use of the Vex Armor buff (Mines at 957% damage buff with 18m range) then you don't need the extra crit from Harrow.

Why should other players make use of Vex? They are supposed to charge VS, not waste the charges.

30 минут назад, Joe_Barbarian сказал:

Oberon VS Harrow

Now, I'll be honest i'm biased towards Oberon but I'd really like to know why people prefer Harrow. I get it Harrow can do the whole "ROFL IMMUNE" and does the whole jumping in the lake stuff. But Isn't that just annoying and reducing the potential damage on the Eidolon?

Oberon kit comes with the magical magnetic nullifying carpet and cheat death renewal. At present I just see Harrow as a "I can't afford Oberon Prime but somehow had the time to farm Harrow, lol jk i just bought him after farming for days and not getting his stupid systems" Like if your carrying a friend thats cool, thats why we have trinity and the free trinity prime twitch prime. 

I don't really get it, Harrow makes you immune but hey you'll be in operator anyway for that void strike buff which you're not getting on Harrow because you're too busy jumping in water than actually contributing. I also know the whole "But did you know you can have Arcane nullifiers you can make yourself 100% immune rofl" Yeah but Oberon does that for freaking free with his magical carpet. Yes but what if I don't have all those nullifiers or if I rather use different arcanes like guardian and Momentum because my Rubico Riven got me with a -30% reload speed?

So please, someone educate me, why are people saying that Harrow is Superiour to Oberon. If someone says "but crit buff" just do yourself a favour and walk out because if you're not already 1 shotting limbs without adarza kavat, then you should all just run adarza's because omg they offer 60% buff ... wait for it ... EACH that's 60 x 4 = 240% possible crit buff (more like a 80~90% ish uptime on a 60%)

So yeah. Educate me

If you need renewals augment in eidolon hunt youre simply bad. 

Harrow is no aim no brain 2 purpose warframe for a hunt that effortlesly buffs everyone in affinity range which is useful and braindead easy to achieve, grants total immunity to everything on a press of a single button which doesnt require you to go into the void mode or mod for range AND buffs reload speed of everyone in the radius, the part which everyone seem to always forget, but x2 reload speed is no joke. Its like both oberon and volt combined with half the effort in modding and playing.

I for example use adarza when I play chroma just cause I can not be cause I need or have to and be cause its the only place were you can get something out of the, but mostly theyre simply annoying cause they manage to die like litle sheets they are. Not to mention that since amps buffs nerf your teammates suddenly stopped to run useless kavats so gl with finding a randoms with 3 of the atm. 

Edited by -Temp0-

Just now, Zeclem said:

cus i can do that with vazarin or trin with less button presses and coordination already. 

Blessing's base duration is half of Banish tho? I forgot to mention duration in my list, but you can get a setup that can keep lures safe for like 40-ish seconds at a time whilst leaving room for personal survival as a safety net and the lure healing for the attacks that do affect them. That sounds like fewer presses to me.

22 минуты назад, Loza03 сказал:

Blessing's base duration is half of Banish tho? I forgot to mention duration in my list, but you can get a setup that can keep lures safe for like 40-ish seconds at a time whilst leaving room for personal survival as a safety net and the lure healing for the attacks that do affect them. That sounds like fewer presses to me.

And accidently banish something else like vombs. Or that blasted things will bug out.

Yeah no. Limbo is fun once in a while but too unreliable. Just like oberon. 

IMO there isn't any clear-cut answer to your question, since the answer depends on which other frames (and what "focuses") join the mission.

The magnetic proc is easily 100% countered with arcanes (80%+20% or 60%+40%), but if not present Oberon's Hallowed Ground or Harrow's Covenant is a very good thing. The main thing is stopping the mag proc from emptying your warframe's energy (not keeping you alive, since you should be in operator mode anyway), which in turn is most important for keeping the lures alive (not the players). Especially if/when Garry/Harry for some reason goes sideways...

Hallowed Ground also pops vomies (if potent enough), and Renewal works on both lures & players (if within range), but heals lures at only 1/3 effectiveness. This is not enough to keep them healed up if the eidolon hunt continues too long (at least with a normal Oberon build). The Phoenix Renewal augment is quite good if you have more inexperienced players in the squad, since it can keep them alive. Or could, because in practice it is quite hard to get them/keep them inside range. Combined with using energy continuously Oberon's Renewal is (IMO) questionable.

Both frames can buff the shooter, Harrow especially in the final capture-phase with the Covenant headshot bonus, Oberon by using Smite + the Smite Infusion augment mod (and a high strength build) on the shooter, which will add from 100% and upwards of radiation damage to each shot (for up to 40 seconds, plenty time to drop the eidolon). For some reason this Smite function is rarely used (even though it is quite meaningful, as radiation damage is quite effective against eidolons). Harrow also buffs himself, Oberon not (with the augment).

Both suffer a little from the risk of another Harrow/Oberon being present, since even though the effects "double" the gain for the hunt will not. From a meta-viewpoint, both are 2nd choice (which actually is far from bad), Harrow being more commonly selected as a fourth "dedicated team"-frame (Covenant protection + headshot buff and full Void Strike shooter/shield remover or Energized Dash energy support). Such a team drops the synovias so fast that Harrow has to reduce duration to 95% or below (in order for Covenant to have recharge fast enough), which in turn requires great timing (the team expects that you don't miss even one instance 🙂).

So, in conclusion, in Teralyst hunts it is no big deal, in Tridolon PUGs it depends on what you like and is comfortable with (=suits your playstyle), in teamplay it depends on your role.

Edited by Graavarg

9 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

And accidently banish something else like vombs. Or that blasted things will bug out.

Yeah no. Limbo is fun once in a while but too unreliable. Just like oberon. 

Not personally experienced any bugs, and Vom's have reduced Duration (for... some reason?). But, hey, it's just my personal preference. Limbo's certainly not a perfect pick for the role, I just prefer him over Trinity for it.

Oberon is overall better because he can nullify the magnetic status effect, buff radiation damages, destroy armor and how you said, cheat death BUT require a bit more skill to use, especially the carpet that, if you build for full strength/duration for damages buff and renewal, will have closer range and by this, require a bit of coordination in the team.

Harrow, can give short invulnerability to both status and damages as long as giving a short crit buff, but the most important is that invulnerability affect ALL THE TEAM, meaning it's easier to cast without someone being out of range.

So, Oberon can do more stuff, but as people generally run with at least Chroma and Trinity, damage buff and heal are not something they are looking for, so instead of using the versatile Oberon, they prefer using Harrow because it's easier to play.

1 час назад, lukinu_u сказал:

Oberon is overall better because he can nullify the magnetic status effect, buff radiation damages, destroy armor and how you said, cheat death BUT require a bit more skill to use

He doesnt require any more skill than any other warfarme, he does less than harrow and essintially is only used for his stupid carpet.

And just like everyone else I fail to see how adding radiation damage is better than a crit chance and reload speed for the whole squad, instead of manually aiming at everyone during this shtshow.

Also. Who the **** needs to "destroy armor" during Eidolon hunts? Also who the **** manages to die more than 4 times during eidolon hunts?

Цитата

You don't need that buff.

Quite the opposite, if you're not Chroma keep your itchy trigger finger in check and don't blow up the charges.

Edited by -Temp0-

Harrow is easier. Oberon requires team positioning and thus that drops his status way down imo. Besides, Oberon wouldn't be competing with Harrow, he is competing with Trinity. 

If I'm soloing Eidolons, I'll bring either Trin or Oberon, or sometimes just Volt and cover the healing with my Operator. In a pub group, probably Trin. 

I don't care much for Harrow. An even easier replacement for Harrow is to just run Arcane Nulliefiers and then replace the Harrow with a Rhino or Octavia.

il y a 12 minutes, -Temp0- a dit :

He doesnt require any more skill than any other warfarme, he does less than harrow and essintially is only used for his stupid carpet.

And just like everyone else I fail to see how adding radiation damage is better than a crit chance and reload speed for the whole squad, instead of manually aiming at everyone during this shtshow.

Also. Who the **** needs to "destroy armor" during Eidolon hunts? Also who the **** manages to die more than 4 times during eidolon hunts?

About the "skill required", I mean Oberon need to place the carpet and allies have to go in while Harrow just have to cast and wait.

Reload speed can be negligible on some weapons, especially if you already oneshot, and for the crit chance buff, it's rarely useable because it require you to have the right timing if you want to use to damage the Eidolon AND protect the magnetic procs.

As for armor, if not everyone run corrosive projection (it happen a lot with random groups or when people prefer using the sniper aura), destroy armor always a plus, especially when it don't consume a Void Strike charge because it's a power.

I dont know about oberon, I can set harrow's duration to 95% and other utility mods without forma. 2x Arcane Guardian instead of Nullifier to increase survivability. Crit buff mainly for Chroma to 1 - 2 hits limbs. The only time you'll be back on your frame is during casting of 4th, the rest taking down the shield.

14 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

As for armor, if not everyone run corrosive projection (it happen a lot with random groups or when people prefer using the sniper aura), destroy armor always a plus

That's kinda risky tho. If you're running enough power strength for his renewal to replace Trinity, then if anyone in group is running CP you're gonna strip all the armor and make everyone have the wrong damage type and actually make it worse.

Neither, we use Limbo. Completely negates Magnetic while also restoring everyones energy slightly since you dont have to exit warframe in cata and keeps the eidolon from healing at all. You could sneeze on the eidolon during last phase and he will fall over. It makes the fights too easy. 

19 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

As for armor, if not everyone run corrosive projection (it happen a lot with random groups or when people prefer using the sniper aura), destroy armor always a plus, especially when it don't consume a Void Strike charge because it's a power.

If you're really concerned about that armor why not use Shattering Impact on a Sarpa instead?  Don't know why else you would ever want or need a melee weapon during hunts.

3 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

Honestly you don't need either if your team uses arcane nullifiers. Harrow has benefit of getting you that extra crit chance to one shot eidolon parts and end phase but you can already do that without a harrow with a decent buff. If there was something besides volt that made shields go faster harrow would be instantly replaced in teams.

in an organized group where you are not using phoenix renewal, Oberon can give +100% damage as radiation with his one making him a better buffing frame than +50% crit on an ability that is being used as a ward.  also, carpet can be deployed during the hydrolyst fight to protect the team form the random magnetic procs making for easier captures in less experienced groups that and one free death ever 90 sec can be the difference between a 2*3 and a 1*3 when carrying newbs.