Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to increase Nekros Survivability for Kuva Survival?

General_Durandal

Question

14 answers to this question

HP Conversion tank is the only decent Nekros build ever since they destroyed Shadows of the Dead. It's just a desecrate build using Health Conversion mod from Simaris and Despoil. There are SotD builds out there, but they're never really that effective under endurance situations because building for Shadows gimps everything else on Nekros's kit.

4 hours ago, Finedaible said:

HP Conversion tank is the only decent Nekros build ever since they destroyed Shadows of the Dead. It's just a desecrate build using Health Conversion mod from Simaris and Despoil. There are SotD builds out there, but they're never really that effective under endurance situations because building for Shadows gimps everything else on Nekros's kit.

I have a build with 130-180% Strength, Despoil and Shadow of the Dead augment, it is actually tanky as hell.

The only "problem" is that, without range, you have to recast your 4 quite often for your Shadows to respawn close to you if you're moving too much. But Energy should not be a problem with Equilibrium.

Edited by Chewarette

My usual Nekros setup is Sotd augment, Narrow-minded, Overextended, Vitality, Gladiator Resolve, Despoil, Health Conversion and that exilus range mod. Arcane Guardian helps a lot with surviving and it synergizes well with the extra health on that setup. For sotd you don't need strength but duration is good, makes your ghosts last longer. I don't even need ghosts to survive 40min in kuva survival.

Adoptation, vitality, despoil, health conversion and equilibrium for survival. Range at max for desecrate. Rest is up to you. I never use the minions, instead i use the zenistar disc for crowd control and damage. This setup is realy tanky and works in the new alerts. It shines vs infestation survival imo. 

Equilibrium, Despoil, and Health Conversion are a must for a tankier Nekros.

Depending on whether or not you like using his 4, you can either top off his defenses with Shield of Shadows (if you use his 4) or Adaptation (if you don’t).

Equipping Rejuvenation and Arcane Guardian will also help Nekros a great deal if you have them.

Aura: Steel Charge   Exilis: Power Drift

Umbral Vitality,     Redirection,    Health Conversion,   Equilibrium -2,          

Umbral Intensify,  Blind Rage-1, Shield of Shadows,   Despoil,                  

Arcane: Guardian <(armour over 2000 with health conversion)

Arcane: Pulse <(pick up health orbs heal allies)

Tankiest Nekros build. (Shield of Shadows prevents knockdowns and mitigates 90% damage at the correct strength)

Swap out Shadows or Redirection for range in low tier farming builds. 

You have negative efficiency so when you pop "terrify" in oh crap moment  >Auger Reach mod gives you nice shield restore instead of Shadows for more range.

(Auger set builds work well too)

Use a Zaw or long reach melee to get the most of his "passive" healing (see Abilities) 

Use Carrier or Wyrm for reliable Vacuum or experiment as you wish. (Ardaza buff your shadows?)

(Shield of Shadows and a good colour choice makes it hard for teammates to be confused when thinking about them and their self damage weapons)  

If Hunter set mods worked with his shadows I'd build around them so I could aim his shadows with slash proc's but no dice.

(In Arbitration (+300%strength) Shadows will actively kill the enemy)

(Energy Conversion can work well if you wait to use it when A)it's primed and B) you stand over an energy orb when you cast it you can sometimes get +100% strength instead of +50% during shadows casting animation.Work this in with "Growing Power") 

...Last tip keep moving so your 25-meter radius(50m Diameter) Despoil is perfectly fine without range mods and you can't be killed by your own teams good KPM (DPS) builds draining your health and bypassing your passive.

Edited by WarRelic
I'm up late the sun is almost up

Git Gud! 

But in seriousness, 

Health conversion, vitality, despoil, arcane guardian and arcane pulse tends to be staple on my Nekros for sufficient tankiness will usually take me to 40 minutes with no major effort. 

After that I will start using my shadows to divert fire (people tend to forget that distraction is a valid survival option) and then jumping around like an undead rabbit that's playing the floor is lava. 

If I plan to do endurance runs, I will add SoTD, but it tends to screw a farming build as you can't get enough range to desecrate, or duration to stop bleed of shadows, or strength to gain enough DR. You will have to sacrifice any one thing for the other. 

I find the new adaptation mod more flexible if you want a farming Nekros that can survive and not the other way around.