Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You're all so focused on "content drought," blah blah blah...

DreisterDino

12 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

Funnily enough, I always compare DE to an ADD kid because they always push forward, forget about old concepts or never update old systems. But honestly, that's just the model they have and need.

Or it ccould be that they can't be afforded the time because the community chucks a ungodly temper tantrum and Reee "muh content drought"

1 minute ago, Parzii said:

Idk, I just came back after a 6 or so month hiatus and I'm having a blast.

Right.

RIGHT.

Exactly.

Warframe's not the only thing on the planet Earth. I'm TOTALLY happy doing other stuff IF I get bored of whatever Warframe currently has, and I will either come back to it once I crave it again, or I will come back to it once they release new content at their own, inspired pace.

THAT is my point of this thread. To try to spread this train of thought. I am glad at least ONE other human being here gets it.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

True.

Either way, poor thread.

Either way they're Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. It makes me so angry when the vast majority here can't seem to fathom that, instead they blindly follow their youtuber like a good little herd animal.

2 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Right.

RIGHT.

Exactly.

Warframe's not the only thing on the planet Earth. I'm TOTALLY happy doing other stuff IF I get bored of whatever Warframe currently has, and I will either come back to it once I crave it again, or I will come back to it once they release new content at their own, inspired pace.

THAT is my point of this thread. To try to spread this train of thought. I am glad at least ONE other human being here gets it.

If you care to delve deep into my post history, I've been pretty damn critical of Warframe and DE themselves, and while some of their choices I still question, I've grown to realize I was just jaded after burning myself out and not stopping. I would play even when I was hating it, and it made me hate the game. Coming back with a fresh attitude, it is a wonderful game. Even if the 6 months I haven't played I feel like a lot has happened. Sure, some things could be better, Melee 3.0 could be out already, Umbra and The Sacrifice could have been a bit more fleshed out and give umbra access to excal prime's cosmetics but overall, I really like the direction it's going, and I have a lot to do with Zaws, PoE which I barely touched but am finding myself interested in, new primes to farm, Khora's damned systems to finally get, and so much more.

Yeah the content might be rehashed stuff we've seen before, but they seem focused on endgame right now which I'm more than happy to wait for, and more importantly... I've been having fun.

8 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

We get it.

If we didn't get it, we wouldn't be able to accurately declare the thread meaningless.

You aren't going to spread a positive message by insulting the people you're disagreeing with, that is by definition a "negative". People who agree with you will continue to agree with you, those who don't aren't going to change their mind because someone called them names on the internet. 

Thus, meaningless. 

What are you even upset about? What "names" did I call you? A.D.D. child? What?

Are you really set off that easily??? I don't even remember saying whatever it is that you're still holding onto. Maybe you should think about that.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

We get it.

If we didn't get it, we wouldn't be able to accurately declare the thread meaningless.

You aren't going to spread a positive message by insulting the people you're disagreeing with, that is by definition a "negative". People who agree with you will continue to agree with you, those who don't aren't going to change their mind because someone called them names on the internet. 

Thus, meaningless. 

When did he insult anyone? I mean yeah it's a meta complaint and they're lame and beat a dead horse, but I don't see where he insulted anyone.

1 minute ago, Parzii said:

When did he insult anyone? I mean yeah it's a meta complaint and they're lame and beat a dead horse, but I don't see where he insulted anyone.

:suspicion:

58 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

because you little A.D.D. children gotta have a shiny new thing to sink a week into before you find a newer shiny new thing.

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

Literally the first paragraph in the OP 

Huh, guess I glossed over it. Woops. Yeah not cool OP. I get your point and to an extent I agree but denigrating people for having complaints isn't cool.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

:suspicion:

Yeah my bad.

Edited by Parzii

Gerade eben schrieb Parzii:

Huh, guess I glossed over it. Woops. Yeah not cool OP. I get your point and to an extent I agree but denigrating people for having complaints isn't cool.

he suggests playing LoL...honestly after reading that i am surprised there arent any worse insults.

5 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Right.

RIGHT.

Exactly.

Right... cause the people who complain about content drought is evidently playing this game 24/7. Totally.... not...

People have their own lives sure but that doesn't mean we can just feign ignorance on an issue on a game that they deem as a hobby/ are passionate about just cause of it. I mean, all I've been doing with wf the past half month has been grabbing daily login then logoff and do other stuff, does it mean the issue isn't apparent? Nope, that's just indulging in blissful ignorance and the issue isn't gonna fix itself without some criticism to DE's priority/ agenda management.

See, that's the flaw in your logic. You're only saying yes to the group who DOES still have something to do in the game. The dude you cited came back from a 6 month hiatus, of course he'll have some thing(s) to do. Whereas you completely forget that there are some who keep up with the game, those who play the content as they come and these people are the ones who pretty much see and experience content drought that even DE Steve himself admitted.

Your opinion is pretty much logical fallacy at best there dude; there's nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, especially when the devs themselves admitted to it.

Worse still, this thread is as pointless as it can be given how close we are to Fortuna release.... like, what exactly do you expect to achieve here aside from trying to be haughty?

Just now, 4thBro said:

lmao...

That's what people are upset about?...

I tried defending you but you're digging yourself a hole here. Take a step back and rethink how you're coming across. Your main point isn't a bad one, but the way your wording it is directly insulting to anyone who may disagree with you.

2 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

That's what people are upset about?...

You're making up things that aren't even true and shame the community for something they haven't done + rude remarks.

I'm not upset about the word children or something but rather about the creation of this very thread.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Tsardova:

Worse still, this thread is as pointless as it can be given how close we are to Fortuna release.... like, what exactly do you expect to achieve here aside from trying to be haughty?

agreed. complains about the content drought and update management are somewhat legit. complaining about legit complains with borderline insulting ? well...i'd call that crying for cryings sake in a very rude manner but maybe thats just me....

1 minute ago, Tsardova said:

Right... cause the people who complain about content drought is evidently playing this game 24/7. Totally.... not...

People have their own lives sure but that doesn't mean we can just feign ignorance on an issue on a game that they deem as a hobby/ are passionate about just cause of it. I mean, all I've been doing with wf the past half month has been grabbing daily login then logoff and do other stuff, does it mean the issue isn't apparent? Nope, that's just indulging in blissful ignorance and the issue isn't gonna fix itself without some criticism to DE's priority/ agenda management.

See, that's the flaw in your logic. You're only saying yes to the group who DOES still have something to do in the game. The dude you cited came back from a 6 month hiatus, of course he'll have some thing(s) to do. Whereas you completely forget that there are some who keep up with the game, those who play the content as they come and these people are the ones who pretty much see and experience content drought that even DE Steve himself admitted.

Your opinion is pretty much logical fallacy at best there dude; there's nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, especially when the devs themselves admitted to it.

The answer to your question is - SILLY ME - that I was hoping to make at least one other person step back and think... "You know what? This guy's right. I give DE a lot of crap, but the bottom line is that this game is free to play, has entertained me for WAY more hours than probably ANY $60 game I've ever bought, I would and DO recommend this game to other people, and even though I'm burned out right now, I could see myself coming back in 6 months for another round of burning out."

But instead, all I got is a bunch of people calling me out on "meta complaint," being offended for rhetorically calling them an A.D.D. child, and telling me my thread was pointless simply because I said the words, "I can't stop you," because apparently they wanna be told that I can stop them.

52 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Not really. Or else every thread & reply would be meaningless.

Does anything really have meaning? Isnt life just a search for meaning in a meaningless universe *proceeds to spend hours listening to flying lotus*