Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Hail Queen Ticker

Kemenril

2 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

Ticker is female?

I thought Ticker was the flamboyant stereotype of a man that "prefers the company of other men".

well looks like I learned something new again.

"Queen". Take it however you'd like. She prefers she. What lies underneath is not relevant to her fabulousness. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

Ticker is female?

I thought Ticker was the flamboyant stereotype of a man that "prefers the company of other men".

well looks like I learned something new again.

They refer to themselves as 'She' in one of their dialogue boxes, so it seems they're trans. In fairness, a lot of people made this mistake at first too. It happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They refer to themselves as 'She' in one of their dialogue boxes, so it seems they're trans. In fairness, a lot of people made this mistake at first too. It happens.

I missed that dialogue since my only interaction with ticker was

-is this a vent kid?

"I am ticker, I deal in debt bonds..." or something along those lines

Also, I put "Queen" in there partly tongue-in-cheek, but also not. Trans =/= Queen/King. I don't think too much scrutiny here is that important, but all of Ticker's mannerisms scream "Queen" to me. If you have spent any time around the drag community...you'll know what I mean. Anyways, I love it and it's awesome. The whole "body swapping" piece is so cool and fits in perfectly with the Warframe aesthetic. 

• Like 4

Do robot people even have a gender? I'm not even sure I consider them human anymore tbh. They are more machine than anything. I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if Nefs Spidos got hungry. I'm only helping them for the sweet loots and the Vent Kids. Everyone else is expendable.

16 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

As long as identify as one (man or woman or non-binary) they do. Now, whether they have sex (male or female or hermaphrodite), that's a better question.

Basically, gender is not dependent on body. Sex is.

You're overthinking it. Get away from the common hot button topic of gender and sex in today's society. This is much simpler than that. To me, these are robots, no longer really people, so the concepts of gender and sex dont apply to them any more than they apply to my toaster. They have turned themselves into things instead. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

You're overthinking it. Get away from the common hot button topic of gender and sex in today's society. This is much simpler than that. To me, these are robots, no longer really people, so the concepts of gender and sex dont apply to them any more than they apply to my toaster. They have turned themselves into things instead. 

They are sentient and sapient. They ain't toasters. Clearly they aren't things (in-universe, obviously, as game characters they are not people). And I'm not going to "get away from the common hot topic of gender" as long as uneducated people don't accept other people can decide themselves who they are.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

They are sentient and sapient. 

Are they? Or are they just a convincing computer algorithm proxy? Once they take that head off, I'm not convinced they are human anymore. At that point to me they are just bio-machines with a programmed personality. 

Edited by Erytroxylin

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

They are sentient and sapient. They ain't toasters. Clearly they aren't things (in-universe, obviously, as game characters they are not people). And I'm not going to "get away from the common hot topic of gender" as long as uneducated people don't accept other people can decide themselves who they are.

Let's make sure you're talking about "who they are" and not "who other people are allowed to perceive them to be."

I still haven't quite decided how to feel about DE's decisions re: Ticker. It's potentially complicated and polarizing and there's a lot I don't know, so I'm trying to avoid jumping to rash conclusions.

1 minute ago, notlamprey said:

Let's make sure you're talking about "who they are" and not "who other people are allowed to perceive them to be."

I still haven't quite decided how to feel about DE's decisions re: Ticker. It's potentially complicated and polarizing and there's a lot I don't know, so I'm trying to avoid jumping to rash conclusions.

I didn't assume Ticker's gender. If you actually read my post and what I'm responding to, all I said is: Ticker has some gender (what that is exactly would have to be clarified by DE).

They could be a woman with a male voice. They could be a transgedered person, They could be a drag queen.

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

I didn't assume Ticker's gender. If you actually read my post and what I'm responding to, all I said is: Ticker has some gender (what that is exactly would have to be clarified by DE).

They could be a woman with a male voice. They could be a transgedered person, They could be a drag queen.

I didn't think you were assuming. You assumed that I assumed that you assumed 😛

My reference to rash conclusions was me only speaking for myself, and not anyone else. I am, for myself, trying to avoid spinning Ticker according to my own moment-by-moment perspective. I wasn't trying to say that anyone else was doing this, although some people in the thread might be.