Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tranquilizer Rifle Upgrades (Suggestion)

Redrum_Wraith

More a suggestion than actual feedback, and I dont post in forums often so sorry if I'm kinda blabbering incoherently here a bit.

Well some feedback, the white rifle scope view is terrible in the snow. Even worse in a blizzard near the map edge. Could this please be altered to be easier to use.🤪

So regarding the suggestion for the tranq rifle, in another thread I was kinda complaining about some things with the rifle and I got to wondering if The Biz could have "Widgets" added to their wares list.

Similar to how Cephalon Simaris has widgets to enhance the synthesis scanner, perhaps the tranq rifle could also have something similar added. This would add a way to improve the functionality of the rifle, customization and an additional sink for standing.

Some ideas for widgets could be:

• Customizable/Improved scope - Alter colours or reticle and add a zoom in function.
  • Enhanced Barrel - Better dart range, longer before falloff/gravity kicks in.
  • Target Sensor - Similar to a codex scanners target highlight, it will cause animals to have a stronger glow.
    • Alternatively, as per Foefaller's suggestion, a directional indicator/distance to nearest wild animal to aid in finding floofs that don't play ball.
  • Enhanced Reload - Does what it says on the tin.
  • Silence/Hush - As per Phyrak's suggestion, negate noise so as to not spook tracked animals.

Alternatively, maybe there could be a higher tier rifle with enhanced functionality.

Edited by Redrum_Wraith
Spelling. Added suggestions from Phyrak and Foefaller.

13 minutes ago, Redrum_Wraith said:

You know, I didn't even think of that.

Edit - Isn't it silent already actually, I missed a few shots at pobbers yersterday, no reaction?

I don't think so - I have had creatures flee because of the shot.

I use hushed invisibility as a way around it

Just now, Redrum_Wraith said:

Maybe it was my range then, trying to get a long shot. I'll add it in my suggestions. 🙂

Range would probably impact the sound or lack thereof.

Such is how it works in actual hunting games - the Hunter for example

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

best suggestion i can give is use <insert stealth frame> for single hunt, and use banshee for group hunt since she silences tranq shots with her passive.

I call that the cheese widget. 🤣

• A hushed invisibility Loki for steath + silent rifle and as soon as tracking starts, head straight to the target area and use a codex scanner to quickly find the lure spot. 😙

Didn't know Banshee silences the whole team, that's neat.

3 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

The rifle giving stealth on crouch would play into this as well.

So then you can use any frame with the weapon.

Maybe as a final addition/upgrade to the transaction gun?

Interesting idea though I'm not so sure DE would implement something like this, it would give players stealth outside fortuna. Also why would the rifle provide this function?

In my opinion this would, if ever implemented, be better suited as a consumable item that grants a camouflage buff rather than an outright cloaking buff that can only be used if undetected, that way it breaks on any movement and anything that gets too close would see though the camo and break the buff. Basically a more primative cloak arrow - suitable for hunters and not the average mission.

How does that sound?

Just now, Redrum_Wraith said:

Interesting idea though I'm not so sure DE would implement something like this, it would give players stealth outside fortuna. Also why would the rifle provide this function?

In my opinion this would, if ever implemented, be better suited as a consumable item that grants a camouflage buff rather than an outright cloaking buff that can only be used if undetected, that way it breaks on any movement and anything that gets too close would see though the camo and break the buff. Basically a more primative cloak arrow - suitable for hunters and not the average mission.

How does that sound?

Sounds good to me 🙂

44 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

I'd like for the gun to point in the direction of where the animals are when zoomed in.  I've lost too many fluffs to just searching around while they scamper up to me.

I personally use the scanner from Simaris to scope out where they're coming from.

On another note, I like these suggestions, especially the widgets. I hate the reload time while trying to get the pobbers...

Also quoting another thread, "Tranq rifle breaks Ivara's Prowl", maybe as the space ninjas that we are we can have another model of a "tranq rifle" that is something like those bamboo dart guns? Hehe.

1 hour ago, Zavenosk said:

I'd like for the gun to point in the direction of where the animals are when zoomed in.  I've lost too many fluffs to just searching around while they scamper up to me.

They are suppose to come from the direction that their answering calls are coming from. 4/5 times I find this to be completely true, but there are a few times/places where to come from that direction means to spawn right on top of you. Then there are the times where the audio bugs out and you don't get a call...

An upgrade that adds a visual indicator for which direction the animal you're tracking is coming from would be another good one.

9 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

An upgrade that adds a visual indicator for which direction the animal you're tracking is coming from would be another good one.

Amended the target sensor widget to reflect this. Your idea makes me imagine something like the mining lasers distance to target and animated crosshairs for up down left right. 🙂

maybe as the space ninjas that we are we can have another model of a "tranq rifle" that is something like those bamboo dart guns? Hehe.

Kinda feels like something Nakak could pawn during a crossover event. I think I'm getting carried away now.😕

Edited by Redrum_Wraith

1 hour ago, Zavenosk said:

the animals call tells you where they are coming from. there is currently a bug where biz transmission blocks this sound. stealth also muffles this sound. so i think if anything DE should turn there attention to fixing the bugs with it and improve its sound quality so that its noticeable.

Am 12.11.2018 um 04:06 schrieb Zavenosk:

Some of the animals are shown as enemys at the minimap, so enemy radar also helps to spot them (may it is a bug that not all animals are marked that way)

En 14/11/2018 a las 7:01, Firetempest dijo:

Middle mouse button function to cycle through energy colors for what works best for the given terrain so its universally useful in other future areas that might have hunting as well.

or just make it the enemy color of the warframe

45 minutes ago, Ferbsol said:

or just make it the enemy color of the warframe

Then mixes in compromising fashion and/or function in terms of Chroma and thats still a single color which may not be useful in all hunts current or in the future.

Edited by Firetempest

I think with the changes to Ivara and Equinox, the tranq rifle became completely redundant to anyone that has either frame or wants the challenge. So thanks for the suggestions but I think this idea kinda became moot.😟

In fact, with the exception of a kubrodon, I have never had to use the tranq rifle and only then when I fail to time my sleep arrow correctly and it wakes up early with sleep immunity.

The abilty to change reticle/colour on a scope though, that would be an awesome addition to any scoped weapon.