Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are all Warframes made from Dax Soldiers?

(PSN)ReySieg

I for one highly doubt this. The Orokin were in such deep S#&$ at the time, that I bet Ballas was given the authority to take whoever he pleased. Well almost anyone..

I got a feeling that many more besides the dax were turned into warframes. Chefs, clothes makers firefighters... (Or whatever the Orokin version of a firefighter was) The works.

As long as Ballas thought you could survive the infestation injections you were taken.  This would also make sense on a strategic standpoint. Why chose nothing but dax soldiers when they are still perfectly capable of defending you?

Well unless of course,Ballas was choosing nothing but dax on purpose as a way to sabotage the Orokin. You know, since he's a dirty traitor who works with Hunhow.

Edited by Agentcheese

Shouldn't be. We get told somewhere in one of the quests that Warframes are infected people. We weren't told they were infected Dax's

Besides, Dax were supposed to be incredibly impressive and awesome soldiers, weren't they? The only Dax we have actual evidence of becoming infected that we know was actually sabotaged on purpose.

Now the Stalker, maybe. He's pretty awesome and badass, and seemingly a Warframe without a Tenno.

Edited by ssj782

1 hour ago, Xrasegot said:

I think yes, except valkity she is a corpus created killing machine. 

She got capture. She's not Corpus made. What made from Warframe is Zenuka. However, Valkyr did get experimented by Alad V. So, normal Valkyr look a bit different than her prime version.

To answer OP question. AFAIK, no they're not all Dax soldiers. Some, yes but not all. I think Ember Prime is one of the Warframe that isn't Dax. Her story seem to tell us that she's one of the scientist who experiment on the kid of the Zariman and got Burn.

Ballas' original quote sounds like this:

"We took our greatest, volunteers or not, and polluted them with these cultured reagents."

So the 'greatest' could be anyone with prefered qualities. In additon, some warframes' ability kits suggest who they were before the procedure.

Most likely to be former Dax are ones who are great with weapons, such as Excal (obviously), Wukong, Mesa, Ivara and so on.

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

Ballas' original quote sounds like this:

"We took our greatest, volunteers or not, and polluted them with these cultured reagents."

So the 'greatest' could be anyone with prefered qualities. In additon, some warframes' ability kits suggest who they were before the procedure.

Most likely to be former Dax are ones who are great with weapons, such as Excal (obviously), Wukong, Mesa, Ivara and so on.

^

I personally believe that the person described in the Limbo Theorem wasn't a Tenno, it was the person who became Limbo. I imagine Archimedians became many of the caster frames. 

37 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So here’s the question: where are we getting the bodies for warframes built in the modern era?

They were 'cultured'... Artificailly made, into Warframe. When we try to build Warframe, we use Orokin Cell... or whatever that is. To build the entire Warframe. In my theory, I think it's what make the other faction cannot replicate the Warframe. They can created the Warframe's Armor all they wanted. But armor are just armor, unlike Warframe that can channel and use the ability of those Armor.

10 минут назад, FlusteredFerret сказал:

From what I remember of the Silver Grove quest, Titania was created from a scientist - feel free to correct me though...

No, Titania was created by two archimedians: Margulis and her friend Silvana. Silvana later attempted to excape the laboratory and infused her mind with a groove on Earth via Transference. The origins of Titania remain unknown. The only thing we know about her is that she sacrificed herself defending the Groove from Dax soldiers to save her creater.

So you're implying that we're using some unfortunate Ostron citizen when we create our frames? 

As I understand it, only Umbra frames were built with an actual person inside. Every other wf is a robot animated with some unique strain of infection. And non-prime frames are just a chinese rip-off.  

31 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

No, Titania was created by two archimedians: Margulis and her friend Silvana. Silvana later attempted to excape the laboratory and infused her mind with a groove on Earth via Transference. The origins of Titania remain unknown. The only thing we know about her is that she sacrificed herself defending the Groove from Dax soldiers to save her creater.

do+not+disturb2.jpg

42 минуты назад, No5feratu сказал:

So you're implying that we're using some unfortunate Ostron citizen when we create our frames? 

As I understand it, only Umbra frames were built with an actual person inside. Every other wf is a robot animated with some unique strain of infection. And non-prime frames are just a chinese rip-off.  

That's an interesting question. My guess will be that our orbiter is from Orokin era so it may be equipped with an advanced cloning technology capable of building human body replicas. (Same way as we grow kavats using DNA samples)

That's actually a very good topic, my 2 cents? We know that cloning exists in WF and the Orokin were obsessed with immortality (Continuity), Umbra that "we" crafted had the same "memories"  as the one destroyed by ballas in the first place, so in a nutshell: we cloned and revived Umbra via a Blueprint.

The blueprint may as well be the whole cloning sequence with the "save date" aka memories at the time of its death/destruction, we did scan his remains after all. Warframes may be just a cruder Continuity option with infested tissue instead but they still serve the twisted goal of orokin immortality. If the theory works, the same "beings" that are now warframes fight endlessly thru time, only for us (tenno) to uncover their blueprints and story.

Does this theory apply to other/some warframes? maybe? I may need to rethink some parts about this.

Edit: Some parts were ninja deleted and I am too lazy to rewrite them again ~sigh~:facepalm:

1 hour ago, No5feratu said:

They've said that the Prime's are the Originals, so they're what the majority of people turned into frames looked like. We can recreate that due to the Infestation - and thus Helminth - 'remembering' everything it's infested to be recreated later (For example: Lephantis took thousands of years to produce, but once it was, the Infestation could mass-produce it in boils). Most likely, regular versions are versions using Tenno-made tech, which is missing much of the technical subtleties needed to fully match the power of the originals.

I mean that Prime variants are built using Orokin tech without a person inside, just an infestation, but probably with memories or rather personality traits of some real warrior. 

Regular frames are an imitation, produced without materials or technologies needed for a prime, yet with the same traits as originals, provided by Helminth. 

And yes, Primes are originals, used in battles, while Umbrals are previous unsuccessful experiment.

Edited by No5feratu