Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR restrictions for Open world mission? Fortuna and Cetus

IgnatiuSgaming

I don't know... either this extreme leeching happens a lot to other people and not me, or I don't notice it when/if it happens.

In any case, I cannot offer any solution. Any system that will add complexity to the game will eventually be problematic. MR restriction is such a system and seems like a good idea at first, but then you realize that people's behavior hasn't much to do with their in-game ranking (in fact it has nothing to do with it). There are plenty of low MR players that visibly try and often contribute a lot, I certainly noticed that in Orb Vallis missions. Why would they be collectively punished for something that is the fault of a small number of people, some of which are not even low MR?

Another system: prohibit fishing and mining from public bounties. Again, more complexity that eventually will lead to nothing because people who are bound to leech will do so with or without mining, because they are mostly in bounties for the affinity and the mission stage rewards. If they move around somewhat, they won't be caught by the AFK system in place either.

As for the "kick" option that has been discussed again and again... let's not get to open that can of worms, snakes, various diseases, plague etc.

This is the nature of the game, and leeching is a by-product of it. I don't like it, but that's more in principle because like I said right away it seems that it doesn't happen to me (or I don't notice it). Warframe already has systems to improve your multiplayer/co-op experience, and they are called recruitment chat and clans. OK, they are not ideal when you want to do a bounty on the fly, but please don't add more unnecessary complexity to the game.

9 hours ago, Aisu9 said:

I think you didn't understand, they didn't need to do some damage to getting reward, leecher just stand at the spawn or go fishing / minning and they wait to loot something from you, they also participate to the objectif, like 30 kill in solo, + 20 per player, or 1 extrator + 1 per player, yay i love defend 5 extractors without anyone to #*!%ING HELP ME !

if they afk they dont get rewards for period they afk ive run into that doing extended survivals and had to take bathroom break.  I ended up with 1-2 less rewards than other friends in the run.

if you dont like them running off and doing thier own thing dont run publig pug missions then as they may have different goals than you for going there.  just because you want too do x and they doing y doesn't make them leechers by technicality they just by chance would up in same instance as you 

10 hours ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

2. Give MR restrictions to every single open world mission (MR8 would be fine)

Note : Leecher is a guy who leveling and most of them didn't help you

Just had a MR26 Founder grinding k-drive on pipes the whole bounty, MR doesnt mean anything in this matter.

Edited by --DSP--Jetstream

To the people calling out toxicity, coming to forums to ask for restrictions which only requirement is epeen, which is obvious toxic behavior.

Matchmaking is grouping you all together, seems what you are asking for is already in place and actually working. 

Edit:

Reminds me of WoW good old times, a year or two after they started doing multi-server dungeon queuing.
Players were mad about getting long wait times. These same people always admitted they got tired of playing with newbs and always dropped groups back to back.
Blizzard later explained their matchmaking had its own learning AI, and it intentionally put those players on low priority.

So many toxic players dropped subs, it was glorious.

Edited by Souldend78
anecdotal

4 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

To the people calling out toxicity, coming to forums to ask for restrictions which only requirement is epeen, which is obvious toxic behavior.

Matchmaking is grouping you all together, seems what you are asking for is already in place and actually working. 

Well boiled down.

Still,would be fun to use my suggestion,just lock everything to mr26 :^)

9 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

What’s with all these leech threads?  I play in Australia so get connected to other aussies, maybe that’s what’s different, but I play every single day for hours and have never had a leecher in my game.

Kind of wondering this myself. I play on the NA servers and I rarely see them. Every once in a while, but it's rare enough to be remarkable. 

I haven't spent much time in Fortuna, but what I have spent hasn't seen any. 

I simply don't see a real problem here. 

6 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Kind of wondering this myself. I play on the NA servers and I rarely see them. Every once in a while, but it's rare enough to be remarkable. 

I haven't spent much time in Fortuna, but what I have spent hasn't seen any. 

I simply don't see a real problem here. 

Played in the Asia region and over a span of about 3 days while I was running Bounties on Cetus for Ember/Frost Prime Relics, I was getting about 1 person leeching in 4 out of 5 games and I've seen maybe 3 rounds where 2 were leeching at the gate.

Stopped running bounties in groups during Prime vault periods ever since and I've never bothered to run public bounties in Fortuna since release.

Region probably plays a big part and from my perspective, the Asia region has a lot of annoying things like this.

Edited by Flandyrll

On 2018-11-23 at 4:03 PM, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Just had a MR26 Founder grinding k-drive on pipes the whole bounty, MR doesnt mean anything in this matter.

thats my last thread before they deleted it
Found many high MR ,play bounty > call K-Drive > and farm  K-Drive standing whole bounty

Hello? is DE read this thread? or just watching
Hallo DE i am tired see someone leech by using K-drive as reason in bounty

I've went with lvl 18 Limbo and unranked weapons today while filling my daily Ostron cap for science and I have to say exp is dogcrap. Like... maybe got weapons to Lvl15. It's less than running 10 Hydron waves. I mean honestly.

The only problem is on Orb Valis during capture crates bounty, since amount of crates scales with amount of people and you simply can't be everywhere (and in case of cave location you're doomed to lose at least one crate even if everyone is engaged in the bounty, because it's a dogcrap place to have it due to prevalent lack of LoS from crate to crate and enemies spawning on top of them as soon as you turn your back. In any other bounty there's always one person that's way more active and deals substantially more damage than the rest of the team so leechers or not it hardly matters. The only time when it matters is when there are 4 leechers on the team but that quickly disbands...

I wouldn't want MR restriction simply because T2 PoE bounty is the only place outside of rare alerts for new players to get Control Modules before the Void (which is required to build Rhino early on) as well as Gara Blueprints between T1 and T3 (another great starting frame).

Edited by Marrond

On 2018-11-22 at 4:37 PM, IgnatiuSgaming said:

Since fortuna update,many old player and new player coming to this game

But fortuna update give so much toxin in community and so much bad attitude

Like leecher in every single bounty Fortuna and Cetus

I suggest 2 optional choice for DE

1. Nerf so hard experience get from killing people Orb of Valis

2. Give MR restrictions to every single open world mission (MR8 would be fine)

Note : Leecher is a guy who leveling and most of them didn't help you

Not the whole thing.... MR restrictions based on the tier lv of the bounty. But IMHO, that still wouldnt keep people from leveling gear in missions or leeching. The only thing that would keep them from mining, fishing, hanging around Fortuna, etc, would be a kick feature.

Edited by ThumpumGood
forgotten words