Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma or rhino for eidolon hunts.

Eshwar06

Question

I rolled a Lanka riven with 198% damage 104% heat -46 status chance. I thought it was a good roll and left the previous roll of 145%cc 50%fire rate and 86 % electric. 

Took the new riven to eidolon fight and results were underwhelming. 50 rolls man. Breaks my heart. 

After a while I kinda came to know how chromas vex armour works. 

So, should I go with my rhino with 160% roar or is there anything I can do other than selling the riven? 

16 answers to this question

Your title and your text do not ask the same question. First thing you can do is figure out what you actually want to know.

• You could increase the strength on the frame you use to increase damage output. A strength of 160% is low for a buff frame. (Chroma was better than Rhino last time I bothered with hunts)
  • You can reroll the riven more. You could ask what the best roll is for the riven, and aim for that. A very quick search on Google tells me you should have kept the previous riven [I accept this could be wrong].
Edited by krc473

17 hours ago, krc473 said:

• You could increase the strength on the frame you use to increase damage output. A strength of 160% is low for a buff frame. 

160 is pretty high for Rhino strength buff.  I dont know how the math works exactly, but Chromas buff works different so from everything I've read says the 160% from Rhino is the equivalent to Chromas 800%+ buff depending on modding of the weapon.  Dont know for sure though so anyone who knows the math please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Edited by (PS4)SteveOMatic
Meant 160% for roar is high, not ability strength

If what you wanted is to one shot the eidolon limbs with no other help other than rhino roar, the only way to do that is with a god roll lanka (cd d ms harmless neg). And dont worry for one shot purposes you made the right choice rolling that riven instead of the previous, if it takes you more than 1 shot then the old one was better.
Sounds like you had overly high expectations because everyone claims they one shot eidolon limbs but they usually are either lying or helped out by many many buffs (void strike, 3 CP, combo counter, kavat...etc)

En 3/12/2018 a las 6:37, rsod25 dijo:

What a waste man... crit chance and fire rate have so much value for lanka actually

He wanted to 1 shot so he made the right choice at the cost of convienence and resale value. CC is extremeley overrated on lanka, ive tested all top lanka rolls so i know what im talking about. At full zoom (no cc on riven) you have 100% yellow crit chance and 12% to orange crit. With his riven you have 48% chance to orange crit. So you sacrifice so much dmg for 36% more chance to orange crit and 52% chance to get ZERO benefit. The only waste is those that pay premium for cc thinking its the best, i cant complain tho, easy plat for me. 

Lanka doesn't not need a riven to oneshot eidolon limbs, you are building it wrong, you are not stacking combo counter and your party member are not using corrosive projection.

1- To solve your "underwhelming" dmg, build properly.

2- stack combo counter

3- use sarpa with shattering impact to get rid of eidolon armor (but don't remove all), 6 shots + 3 auto.

If you even look for a riven in the future for chroma, best rubico/lanka rivens for chroma are multishot 110>= and crit dmg with a negative (that is not fire rate, reload, magazine and the most obvious ones), anything else is just a meme.

Here is the prove:

I dunno what @17inchguns is talking about lying because of help of buffs/debuffs, that's just how you dps in any MMO/Coop online that I played, you buff your self, you debuff the enemy, then you do dmg because of efficience. DPSers are usually dpsers because they have a good selfbuff, using buffs doesn't meaning you are lying to reach. That's just how you #*!% do it.

Your riven is not the great but it is OK,  because it is lanka. Copy my build, remove hammer shot and Thermite rounds and put your riven and Vile Acceleration and use it in your chroma and be happy with eidolon hunt.

Edited by MPonder

En 5/12/2018 a las 9:27, MPonder dijo:

Lanka doesn't not need a riven to oneshot eidolon limbs, you are building it wrong, you are not stacking combo counter and your party member are not using corrosive projection.

1- To solve your "underwhelming" dmg, build properly.

2- stack combo counter

3- use sarpa with shattering impact to get rid of eidolon armor (but don't remove all), 6 shots + 3 auto.

If you even look for a riven in the future for chroma, best rubico/lanka rivens for chroma are multishot 110>= and crit dmg with a negative (that is not fire rate, reload, magazine and the most obvious ones), anything else is just a meme.

Here is the prove:

I dunno what @17inchguns is talking about lying because of help of buffs/debuffs, that's just how you dps in any MMO/Coop online that I played, you buff your self, you debuff the enemy, then you do dmg because of efficience. DPSers are usually dpsers because they have a good selfbuff, using buffs doesn't meaning you are lying to reach. That's just how you #*!% do it.

Your riven is not the great but it is OK,  because it is lanka. Copy my build, remove hammer shot and Thermite rounds and put your riven and Vile Acceleration and use it in your chroma and be happy with eidolon hunt.

All that time spent debuffing eidolon and buffing combo counter defeats the purpose of a riven. Sure, if i stack the combo counter enough i can 1 shot without a riven but op purchased a riven to bypass this tedious method. Also, forget about being of any use to your team based on that video. I one shot with a volt and 1 shield with no need to combo counter or amrour strip and after im done with the limb im straight back to helping with the shield. Meanwhile in that video time is wasted building combo counter that is very valuable if you wanted to do multiple tridolons. With volt you need a true god roll to one shot with no buffs other than shield, but with chroma a good riven is enough.
And btw for chroma Cd ms elec neg is better than a cd ms neg but its overkill at that point so ill let it go. And regards to rubico you are very wrong (best is cc ms elec neg). Rubico gets bonus cd from zoom and you run into deminishing returns so its best to have cc on the riven.

https://youtu.be/IJGIwMWVvRg

https://youtu.be/55Zk0E-jb5c

On 2018-12-08 at 7:53 PM, 17inchguns said:

All that time spent debuffing eidolon and buffing combo counter defeats the purpose of a riven. Sure, if i stack the combo counter enough i can 1 shot without a riven but op purchased a riven to bypass this tedious method. Also, forget about being of any use to your team based on that video. I one shot with a volt and 1 shield with no need to combo counter or amrour strip and after im done with the limb im straight back to helping with the shield. Meanwhile in that video time is wasted building combo counter that is very valuable if you wanted to do multiple tridolons. With volt you need a true god roll to one shot with no buffs other than shield, but with chroma a good riven is enough.
And btw for chroma Cd ms elec neg is better than a cd ms neg but its overkill at that point so ill let it go. And regards to rubico you are very wrong (best is cc ms elec neg). Rubico gets bonus cd from zoom and you run into deminishing returns so its best to have cc on the riven.

https://youtu.be/IJGIwMWVvRg

https://youtu.be/55Zk0E-jb5c

Nice RNG videos with orange crits btw.

All that time spent is so I didn't need to redo the video, I forgot lanka had a 6 second combo counter and I didn't play with lanka after I formed it a long time a ago. that's all.

"Helpings shields"? You shot or you do shields, helpings shields is only in pubs and it is horrible anyways.

Best consistent riven for rubico/lanka for a chroma is cd/ms, enough dmg, not dependent of lucky rng orange crits to do the job, and I think second bests are Cd+ms+elec/heat.

No sniper rifle weapon do oneshot without combo counter and removing some armor without some rng lucky, even with a riven. 2.5x combo counter is not tedius at all. It is just 18 shots for lanka, lol, 9 for rubico, and put multishot on that and it is even lower. That's all you need. Armo stripping with sarpa + shattering impact is just for those pubs that you go, talk to konzu, get the quest for the trio and get in or in the beginners trio.

Stop spreading miss knowledge plz, god rolls rivens are only expensive and not worth at all for eidolon.

Edited by MPonder

hace 9 horas, MPonder dijo:

Nice RNG videos with orange crits btw.

All that time spent is so I didn't need to redo the video, I forgot lanka had a 6 second combo counter and I didn't play with lanka after I formed it a long time a ago. that's all.

"Helpings shields"? You shot or you do shields, helpings shields is only in pubs and it is horrible anyways.

Best consistent riven for rubico/lanka for a chroma is cd/ms, enough dmg, not dependent of lucky rng orange crits to do the job, and I think second bests are Cd+ms+elec/heat.

No sniper rifle weapon do oneshot without combo counter and removing some armor without some rng lucky, even with a riven. 2.5x combo counter is not tedius at all. It is just 18 shots for lanka, lol, 9 for rubico, and put multishot on that and it is even lower. That's all you need. Armo stripping with sarpa + shattering impact is just for those pubs that you go, talk to konzu, get the quest for the trio and get in or in the beginners trio.

Stop spreading miss knowledge plz, god rolls rivens are only expensive and not worth at all for eidolon.

Lanka Cd+ms+elec/heat is the best for chroma period. Go look at how vex works and you will see how extra elemental is a huge buff. Talk about spreading wrong info lol. I one shot with volt and no armour strip or combo counter so again, you are wrong. Even if there is rng for orange crit, in a squad of 4 with cp and dead eye its a 1 shot regardless if I get no orange (worst case scenario). Also with adarza guarantee orange plus avenger... lets not forget that I do this with volt who is way weaker than chroma, if i tried with him its too easy. If its soley because of rng post a video of you 1 shotting w volt no buffs, or armour strip. 

Ok so you always log on at the perfect time so you can go with friends? I dont and sometimes i have to recruit from chat so i take this into account. More importantly is the fact that you seem like one of those chromas that dosent spawn whisps because he is too busy building combo which is bad for team and 4x3+.
Finally cd ms is not best for rubico(way more better rolls than this, not evdn close second). With cc on riven you bump crit to over 100% so you have a guaranteed yellow crit always(with no cc on riven no) and 50 ish chance for orange without kavat and avenger.

All this assumptions, where are they coming from, it is just a video showing that if you build properly your chroma and lanka and get in a squad that at least know the aura that they have to use, you can 1 shot with a 2.5x combo counter without a riven (9 shots in worst case), even if its only 1 multishot that goes through because of the 150% multishot, if it was 2 multishot, you just need 2.0x (3 shots in worst case). Even in the first limb of Terralyst, it is a max two shots, 1 with no combo counter, the second with a 1.5x combo counter.

After breaking the limbs, there is some room to increase combo and reduce eidolons armor with sarpa if needed and still spawns whisper through all the scream + magnetic pulses of eidolon, it is just about practicing. Rubico has a 3.67 fire rate with a combo counter starting at 1, lanka has a combo counter decay of 6 seconds.

About Vex armor, what a variable in a multiplication has to do with the other two (cd and element). All I need is to know which combination of CD times Ele will give the hightest value with a consistent 200% >= multishot. CD/Elec Or heat/ms is greater than CD/ms>= 100% if you ignore the fact that your multishot is not at 200% and don't use vigillant armaments in the build which is case if it goes just 1 multishot, it has lower dmg than the cd/ms riven, if it goes 2 ms, it has a higher value. if you use vigillant armaments to solve the inconsistency of multishot, it has a little lower consistency dmg, but it is almost the same, even for rubico that gives you a 0.5 cd even after the riven disposition changes. But CD/Elec Or heat/ms riven are more easy to find after the riven dispo changes and they are pretty good rivens. All of this is riven for chroma.

#*!% adarza, #*!% avenger, you want consistency to break the limbs, not rng lucky to do it. I have no online friends nor need for them, usually get in the way of the grind. And I highly recommend people to not trust what a guy that probably use Dead eye on a Volt has to say.

Edited by MPonder

hace 12 horas, MPonder dijo:

All this assumptions, where are they coming from, it is just a video showing that if you build properly your chroma and lanka and get in a squad that at least know the aura that they have to use, you can 1 shot with a 2.5x combo counter without a riven (9 shots in worst case), even if its only 1 multishot that goes through because of the 150% multishot, if it was 2 multishot, you just need 2.0x (3 shots in worst case). Even in the first limb of Terralyst, it is a max two shots, 1 with no combo counter, the second with a 1.5x combo counter.

After breaking the limbs, there is some room to increase combo and reduce eidolons armor with sarpa if needed and still spawns whisper through all the scream + magnetic pulses of eidolon, it is just about practicing. Rubico has a 3.67 fire rate with a combo counter starting at 1, lanka has a combo counter decay of 6 seconds.

About Vex armor, what a variable in a multiplication has to do with the other two (cd and element). All I need is to know which combination of CD times Ele will give the hightest value with a consistent 200% >= multishot. CD/Elec Or heat/ms is greater than CD/ms>= 100% if you ignore the fact that your multishot is not at 200% and don't use vigillant armaments in the build which is case if it goes just 1 multishot, it has lower dmg than the cd/ms riven, if it goes 2 ms, it has a higher value. if you use vigillant armaments to solve the inconsistency of multishot, it has a little lower consistency dmg, but it is almost the same, even for rubico that gives you a 0.5 cd even after the riven disposition changes. But CD/Elec Or heat/ms riven are more easy to find after the riven dispo changes and they are pretty good rivens. All of this is riven for chroma.

#*!% adarza, #*!% avenger, you want consistency to break the limbs, not rng lucky to do it. I have no online friends nor need for them, usually get in the way of the grind. And I highly recommend people to not trust what a guy that probably use Dead eye on a Volt has to say.

Lol your last sentece sums up everything. So you basically solo it (you inferred before you dont do pub) because you mock pub and dont go with friends. You need trin to solo, not chroma. No trin is doable but you need insane rng and lure management for it to work (lure die) not to mention volt is a better option if you dont use trin becaise of shield phase, not to mention with average riven volt 2 shots and 1 shot with groll so chroma is not needed.
You contradict yourself again. You preach consistency and claim cd ms is best for rubico. As i said before you dont have 100% crit chance unless you have cc on riven for rubico and this will mean no one shot if no crit.

I put dead eye because I play chroma role with my volt. I have done 5x3 with me as volt whisp and team of trin VS harrow VS and volt VS. Also many times people run CP and coaction drift so if 3 wear it it overstrips. Regardless, if chroma cant 1 shot with 2 CP its not going to change much by having another, not to mention Dead eye still benefits him.

Oh and if i did what you do (combo counter plus armour strip I probably one shot with volt too without riven and if not just use a cheap lanka riven and 1 shot for sure). I have no need to try this because I 1 shot in solo no buffs or debuffs and in squad its easy mode. I may try this out of curiosity. 

Still not seeing the video of you one shotting with volt like me huh. If its all rng you would be able to also lol.

Edited by 17inchguns