Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knockdown mechanic rant

Nathaniel94

Choose your superpower, but it has a lame twist.

I'm a warmachine designed to kill mostly everything and anything that tries to land a hand or dare to fire bullet on me, I can't die, I'm a pinnacle of Orokin creation. But, my legs are such jelly that lvl 1 shield basher can knock me down over and over again, UNLESS I waste precious mod space to make them fail 6 out of 10 times, which doesn't mean they will.

Why tho? I understand knockdown mechanic is somewhat needed, but it doesn't make game any harder for anyone besided new players, for rest, I feel like it's a iritatin pest that should be put to control.
There is no need to remove it, but please, make something with so the knockdown resist mode isn't the only way not to get knocked down over and over again by shield-bearing Grineer scum or extremly slow moving fire walls from Arson Eximus (or am I just dumb and I didn't learn how to dodge knockdowns from fire walls in my 450+ hrs gameplay, besides runnin away).
I think that equasion which considers strenght, armor, hp, and Warframe speed (the solwer you are, the heavier you are) + enemy lvl would be simple but elegant solution. I don't think it would be hard to pull off, considering the absolute mind melting dmg equasions devs put in the game.
Getting surrunded by 6, 7 arsons or infested ancients that will knock you down with no exception whilst you struggle to escape and snipe that Arbi drone isn't hard imo, because they wont kill me anytime soon, but it's just... Iritating and drains the fun out of the game. Or worse yet, in PoE when you're getting stormed by lvl 40 Grineer that pose no absolute threat to you, but will fling you around like a ping pong ball is anything but fun or challenging.

Edited by Nathaniel94

A single Arson Eximus is not big problem since you are knockdown immune while rolling and most power casts. Chain knockdowns from shieldlancers and a group of Arson Eximus are really unfun though i agree on that. Maybe give Knockdown immunity for a short time after standing back up again? Other than that handspring will be your friend because of how much faster you get back up again.

There are several maneuver that make you knockdown immune ranging for a short duration to a long duration.

There are even mods, you can utilize, to passivly reduce the knockdown effect, when you are not skillfull enough to prevent the knockdowns on your own.

That grineer shield has to be the most op thing in the game the amount of damage it can deflect.  

For a laugh I tried attacking one with paracesis last night, 5 forma sentient wrecker, can one hit the stalker, lvl 200 enemies die at the sight of it.  Couldn't hack it's way through a lump of grineer metal though.  Mental. 

30 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

There are several maneuver that make you knockdown immune ranging for a short duration to a long duration.

There are even mods, you can utilize, to passivly reduce the knockdown effect, when you are not skillfull enough to prevent the knockdowns on your own.

There's also a the Vaykor Sydon, and Atlas. 

Yeah,i m pretty good at elite onslaught but time to time in 7. round corpus units allight in to perfect position to stunlock me,i try to spam operator mode to escape my cruel fate sadly that does not work. (If you are host you are screwed because everything 100% hit you) if you are not host,you will not even get damaged.

:DDD Sometimes i think about wearing those 3 anti kockdown cards but to sacrifice 3billions dps for it,is just too much

Ofcourse you can just play nidus and be completely immortal as long as you spin 2 win.

It is not "big problem" but yeah,at times it is annoying when you play some glass-cannon.