Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Looking for player input] We need to talk credits $$$

Souchira

1 hour ago, Souchira said:

This is a 20 minutes Derelict survival? with a Hydroid, Nekros, Speed Nova and Rhino

But why do you still refuse to accept help?
To make it more clearly: why do you run ODS which is known to have bad credits? Why do you not run Hieracon (~2-3minutes) or Gabii (exactly 5 minutes) to get 50k in each?

As I was trying to say in my first post, why do you run bad credit missions and complain? I would accept your issue/thread when all DS missions yield rewards like Derelict, but they don't.

Gabii isn't even hard. That was the mission I did to get credits on my alt. Sure...if you strictly don't dedicate to credits you will be in need of them, but that's for everything. Polymer, Oxium and Plastids are the same. You actively need to farm them in best known missions

21 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

But why do you still refuse to accept help?
To make it more clearly: why do you run ODS which is known to have bad credits? Why do you not run Hieracon (~2-3minutes) or Gabii (exactly 5 minutes) to get 50k in each?

As I was trying to say in my first post, why do you run bad credit missions and complain? I would accept your issue/thread when all DS missions yield rewards like Derelict, but they don't.

Gabii isn't even hard. That was the mission I did to get credits on my alt. Sure...if you strictly don't dedicate to credits you will be in need of them, but that's for everything. Polymer, Oxium and Plastids are the same. You actively need to farm them in best known missions

Because I want to do other things in this game than sit on Hieracon or Gabii, why is it just a tiny few missions that give decent credits? Why I Hieracon so much better for credits than Berehynia on Sedna or Valefor on Europe? 

I'm not asking where to farm credits, I know where to farm credits. I'm asking why everything else is so terrible while there is no real difference in the mission types or difficulty in any way.

Its this nonsensical disparity that I don't understand and have a problem with.

Edited by Souchira

15 minutes ago, Souchira said:

I'm not asking where to farm credits, I know where to farm credits. I'm asking why everything else is so terrible while there is no real difference in the mission types or difficulty in any way.

You'd think DE wants us to play more different missions on more planets so why just a few that are good for credits.

One word: Variation.

If you would open your eyes (and mind) you'd see that there is at least 1 DS mission per planet and they differ in mission type. The only thing they share is the enemytype: Infested...but since you run ODS I won't count this as an argument.

In addition, when all resources and credits would drop equally on every planet and every node, we'd have so diluted droptables it wouldn't be funny to farm anything.

Bere is a high level Grineer Interception which is used by players who campted Draco before SotR, the rest uses Helene or Hydron or complete different missions.

Same for Relics. If you want Axi you have to choose higher level missions and for Lith the exact opposite. If every mission was identical you'd just have <1% drop chance for your desired Relic/Mod or whatever you want to farm. (I know its about credits, but it's not so different from other resources as well, is it?

There are missions that are just better suited to farm for specific things, Polymer? --> Ophelia, Nano Spores? --> Derelict, Credits? --> DS missions or Index.

If any mission would yield 50k credits, why go to DS missions? Or why bother with Index? There are people who actively have to lose credits because they are on the cap and fear if they get more credits they dip into negative values.

No one forces you to run these credits missions all day long, but once in a while. I was doing Index once a week 1 round...at max. When the double credits weekend hit I did "a few" more and ended up 100 million. It was just a little time invest for almost never be in need of credits. You invest 9-12 hrs a day farming credits. Just do this one day in the Index and you will also never have to do it again.

Index sucks for you? There's always sth one doesn't like. Leave your comfort zone once and be free forever

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

41 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

One word: Variation.

If you would open your eyes (and mind) you'd see that there is at least 1 DS mission per planet and they differ in mission type. The only thing they share is the enemytype: Infested...but since you run ODS I won't count this an argument.

In addition, when all resources and credits would drop equally on every planet and every note, we'd have so diluted droptables it wouldn't be funny to farm anything.

Bere is a high level Grineer Interception which is used by players who campted Draco before SotR, the rest uses Helene or Hydron or complete different missions.

Same for Relics. If you want Axi you have to choose higher level missions and for Lith the exact opposite. If every mission was identical you'd just have <1% drop chance for your desired Relic/Mod or whatever you want to farm. (I know its about credits, but it's not so different from other resources as well, is it?

There are missions that are just better suited to farm for specific things, Polymer? --> Ophelia, Nano Spores? --> Derelict, Credits? --> DS missions or Index.

If any mission would yield 50k credits, why go to DS missions? Or why bother with Index? There are people who actively have to lose credits because they are on the cap and fear if they get more credits they dip into negative values.

No one forces you to run these credits missions all day long, but once in a while. I was doing Index once a week 1 round...at max. When the double credits weekend hit I did "a few" more and ended up 100 million. It was just a little time invest for almost never be in need of credits. You invest 9-12 hrs a day farming credits. Just do this one day in the Index and you will also never have to do it again.

Index sucks for you? There's always sth one doesn't like. Leave your comfort zone once and be free forever

First of all, starting off with "open your eyes (and mind)" is insulting and a horrible way for people to actually take you seriously.

There is also a big difference between credits and every other resource in the game as in that you need it for everything and without it your progression grinds to a halt regardless how much anything else you farm. Its the gatekeeper to all progression but can only effectively found in a tiny part of the game which is the problem I have with it.

From what I've heard from my clan other people in the community is that on average people don't like index , its a bad PvP mode vs bad AI bots, and that is not the gameplay I came to love in Warframe, if I wanted to play an PvE arena shooter I would play a different game. Its like they where to put the best endo farm behind flappy zephyr mini-game and only after a score of a 100 or more while making endo farming everywhere else so bad there is no realistic alternative. Its cool that its there, and I'm sure some people love it but its not why we play Warframe. (and yes, this is just an extreme example to make a point, not to take literally)

And using people that have billions of credits as a reference is like telling a poor man "hey if you had invested in company x 5 years ago you'd be a multimillionaire to!" which is just insulting.

Edited by Souchira

You are going to annoy me and before I start being rude, this is my last post to your thick attitude.

My last reference: You are buying coffee at Starbucks and complain about its price instead of going to buy coffee from the store next to Startbucks which only charges a third of the price. After severeal people saying you should buy at the cheaper shop, you still buy at Starbuck with the "excuse" everyone buys it there.

Use fricking Gabii. It is the same as your posted ODS but with lower level. There is no argument against it. 

10 minutes ago, Souchira said:

Its cool that its there, and I'm sure some people love it but its not why we play Warframe.

You have alternatives but refuse to use them. Well then have fun struggling with credits.

12 minutes ago, Souchira said:

And using people that have billions of credits as a reference is like telling a poor man "hey if you had invested in company x 5 years ago you'd be a multimillionaire to!" which is dumb and insulting.

I was just telling you that there are people who would acutally downvote your idea. There was no insult whatsoever but it seems you are also being insulted by green light because it means you have to move even if you don't want to.

Have a nice time playing...or not. Not my problem anymore

14 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are going to annoy me and before I start being rude, this is my last post to your thick attitude.

Sorry man, I'm just frustrated and passionate about this game. 

I'll give doing more Gabii's every day a go and see how that goes. Thank you for all your feedback, I know your just being helpful.

Best of vibes dude.

Edited by Souchira

Honestly, my problem is just with Index. Its a different game that happens to use some of the same core mechanics but its not Warframe and I really don't mind it exists, if anything it think its really cool that DE is experimenting with so many different game modes. The issue I have with it is its position in the Warframe ecosystem.

In my opinion index falls under the same category as flappy Zephyr and Frame fighters, its a side mini-game that if you like it you can play but doesn't belong in the core gameplay loop.

My solution was 

1. always do sorties, it alone is like 100-150k credits IIRC. 

2. if I don't want to do Index I find what resources I need and do a dark sector mission for those resources. Higher drop chance and dark sectors give like 18k+ credits each mission more if you collect credits on the ground. 

PS: Going ham on index in credit boost weekends with a credit booster in like 25 runs you'll get 20+ million credits. But since I've been played only one has ever happened. Don't think DE likes doing them. So a mostly mootless point. 

13 hours ago, Souchira said:

Honestly, my problem is just with Index. Its a different game that happens to use some of the same core mechanics but its not Warframe and I really don't mind it exists, if anything it think its really cool that DE is experimenting with so many different game modes. The issue I have with it is its position in the Warframe ecosystem.

In my opinion index falls under the same category as flappy Zephyr and Frame fighters, its a side mini-game that if you like it you can play but doesn't belong in the core gameplay loop.

This actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. 1 efficient farm for the most used resource in the game and it isn't even half as enjoyable as what I would consider normal gameplay. Pretty bad design imo.

On 2018-12-08 at 3:19 PM, Souchira said:

It? forces especially the players with less time into index wasting? the little time they might have after work in this lackluster ?gamemode.

Index is the best way to get credits and you get them ez there.You seem like someone who wasn't around when those were hard to get and you had to do Infested survival on some Dark sector node with farming team of Nekros,Speed Nova and 2x Chroma to only get around 50k-100k of credits for 20 min .

As for getting them in the game ,I didn't notice it was that bad to get credits now.I don't play Index and my credits amount is growing constantly.Also I sold my junk yesterday,mainly oberon,ash and orvius parts and I got 2 million credits for them.Its not like I been holding them in inventory like forever,I usually clean my inventory every month.

I suppose credits is really the easiest resource to obtain compared to other stuff. 

I playing Akkad a lot for nano spore farm, as well as many dark sector missions, 
20 - 25k credits for 5 minute of survival/ defense is not really that hard to make, 
and it is not index (newer players might have difficulty coming up with different set of equipment for index)

Also oberon part blueprints, and other surplus weapon blueprints like dread 
gorgon etc can be sold for relatively good amount of credits.

I never did index for credits,

if you by luck struck a credit booster for login reward, run Sechura for the first mission after login will get roughly 100k credit.
Subsequent sechura run is 50k / 5 minute so 600k in about an hour of playing.

That is if you really avoid index at all cost, since a lot of time not only will you be needing credits, most likely tonnes of other resources

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

So I've been following some of the advice in the thread especially when it comes to dark sector missions, and you are not wrong. 25k or 50k with a booster is good money for 5 minutes of work. But I'm not sure if playing "Can I find the exit before the 5 minute mark" can be considered "compelling gameplay".

Guess I'll be doing that whenever I get a credit booster. 3 hour booster comes up to 30+ runs at 50k each is 1.5mill, still that is 3 hours of work what would take a fraction in the Index.

Still more fun than Index tho, is there a dark sector mission that spawns Kuria statues? Then I'll have something to do while running around.

Edited by Souchira

On 2018-12-08 at 11:00 AM, Souchira said:

I think I see why this discussion is going in this direction and I think it might give feedback skewed towards the very long term players to DE.

Voltage: 4300+ hours
kgabor: 2100+ hours
GnarlsDarkley: 2100+ hours
Tangent-Valley: 1800+ hours
vid23: 1300+ hours

I appreciate the input tho, all parts of the community need to be heard but I'd love to see some feedback from some newer players on this topic. 

Newer player here. On ps4, so Fortuna is supposed to be coming out soon. 

This was a bit of a problem for me as my credit stock had dropped really low around the time it came out on PC (Probably a combination of Baro, buying a bunch of the researched blueprints in my dojo, and trying to level up some of the primed mods I wanted to try out.) 

Over the last couple of weeks I've done some mild index grinding, in between Eidolons and levelling some gear and working on my focus. 

I think that I'm sitting just below 10 million credits right now. And I'm not doing anything like those numbers of hours. 

So, bit of a pain, but not much of a problem. 

Great point. Never really looked at it, but now that you mention it, it happens to me as well. I voted on 'hard to come by, I need to go out of my way to get it'. Personally I also have it with endo, but whatever. I very much agree that the credit rewards are more geared towards past Warframe instead of current Warframe, but I also think its too dependant on having a booster active and having way too much free time.

On 2018-12-09 at 5:18 AM, Souchira said:

This is a 20 minutes Derelict survival with a Hydroid, Nekros, Speed Nova and Rhino with boosters on and we get a grand total 31k credits, 15k without a booster common, I know we are getting other stuff as well but still 15k is less than 1 (!!) credit per enemy killed.

yawn-farming.png

FYI, you're off by a factor of 10 there. 15K would be 15000 versus your ~1500 kills.

Aside from mentions of selling all the Oberon, Harrow, and Stalker weapon BPs, are you looting all containers too? I don't run index, but I'm keeping my credit level ok for buying stuff when I need. I've also got a 99.9% completely researched dojo solo as well, which of course was a big credit sink along the way.

On 2018-12-09 at 7:18 AM, Souchira said:

This? is a 20 minutes Derelict survival with a Hydroid, Nekros, Speed Nova and Rhino with boosters on and we get a grand total 31k credits, 15k without a booster common, I know? we are getting other stuff as well but still 15k is less than 1 (!!) credit per enemy ?killed.?

I think that you meant 10.

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

FYI, you're off by a factor of 10 there. 15K would be 15000 versus your ~1500 kills.

Aside from mentions of selling all the Oberon, Harrow, and Stalker weapon BPs, are you looting all containers too? I don't run index, but I'm keeping my credit level ok for buying stuff when I need. I've also got a 99.9% completely researched dojo solo as well, which of course was a big credit sink along the way.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I think that you meant 10.

Okay, just shows that I shouldn't do any form of math in public ? but your right xD

58 minutes ago, Souchira said:

Okay, just shows that I shouldn't do any form of math in public ? but your right xD

Don't sweat it. 

Index helps. You can do just a few at a time and earn a lot more than on regular missions. Even the dark sectors don't compare, that's what it's set up to do. The main thing to remember is, don't burn yourself out on it. 

Let the credits come rolling in and they'll add up. Don't worry about trying to get tens of millions at once, because you'll realise that it's hours worth of grinding, and if you get an idiot who's hoarding points when you're just a couple away from the goal you will rage. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Don't sweat it. 

Index helps. You can do just a few at a time and earn a lot more than on regular missions. Even the dark sectors don't compare, that's what it's set up to do. The main thing to remember is, don't burn yourself out on it. 

Let the credits come rolling in and they'll add up. Don't worry about trying to get tens of millions at once, because you'll realise that it's hours worth of grinding, and if you get an idiot who's hoarding points when you're just a couple away from the goal you will rage. 

Yeah, I will admit that maybe, just maybe I was overreacting a bit.

I do still strongly dislike Index and I do still think that the amount you get from Index compared to everything else is out of whack and could use some tuning.

I do like that the day I made this topic I got a 3 day credit booster from sorties, DE is watching I'm telling you ??

Edited by Souchira

On 2018-12-09 at 8:04 AM, Souchira said:

Oh, its cause youre not using a booster.

Flat out that is the reason, i have a credit booster running on one profile and not another, the one with never has an issue with credits. EVER, i have like 2.5 million on there with out trying and i build stuff all the time.

the one with out a booster has like 15k,

If youre not running a booster you need to grind those boring missions, if you are running a booster then you pretty much never run into a credit issue.

17 hours ago, Dabnician said:

Oh, its cause youre not using a booster.

Flat out that is the reason, i have a credit booster running on one profile and not another, the one with never has an issue with credits. EVER, i have like 2.5 million on there with out trying and i build stuff all the time.

the one with out a booster has like 15k,

If youre not running a booster you need to grind those boring missions, if you are running a booster then you pretty much never run into a credit issue.

The only time I have access to boosters if I get them from the game. I actually got a 3 day credit booster the day I made this topic which I thought was pretty funny, but yeah it's a lot easier with a booster for sure.

And for me its the only booster I would consider getting if I had any plat to spare, don't feel that need at all for the other two boosters.

But as I go up in mastery rank the need for credits will go down, I'm 3/4th through the clan labs and when that is done I should have a lot more credits to spend.

Dojo weapons are silly expensive though credit wise.

Hieracon on Pluto is your best bet, this reward is normally 24~K(with out a booster)

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

If you do this as your first mission of the day you get double credits so thats 2x for the booster + 2x for the first mission of the day. If i get a double credit weekend it becomes 200k.
image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9fpQks21c
(this one took longer because i was watching the carriers drop the energy pod and wasn't sure if desecrate was working on them, lost an extractor.)

3 hours ago, Souchira said:

Dojo weapons are silly expensive though credit wise.

Oh man its not just dojo weapons but those fieldrons, mutegens and other crap you have to build out of them, and you need another 15k on top of crafting cost.

Edited by Dabnician

3 hours ago, Dabnician said:

Hieracon on Pluto is your best bet, this reward is normally 24~K(with out a booster)

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

If you do this as your first mission of the day you get double credits so thats 2x for the booster + 2x for the first mission of the day. If i get a double credit weekend it becomes 200k.
image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9fpQks21c
(this one took longer because i was watching the carriers drop the energy pod and wasn't sure if desecrate was working on them, lost an extractor.)

Oh man its not just dojo weapons but those fieldrons, mutegens and other crap you have to build out of them, and you need another 15k on top of crafting cost.

I really need to start remembering double credits for the first mission thing. I know about it but I always forget ?

15k for the BP + 35K for Forma BP + 20~30k credits for the actual build so that is already 50~70k credits for one weapon and since I'm at the point those are really the only weapons I still need (excluding some vaulted prime stuff, boss weapons). It adds up really quickly.