Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nobody on Jupiter

Melirion

Hello,

few weeks in game I reached Jupiter.

There is nobody in missions to unlock the nodes.

I already noticed a drop down on people in missions on Cerès, Jupiter is even worse.

And even worse than that are spy and rescue missions which are empty even before Cerès (I had an issue on Phobos, starting 10 times Monolith with nobody else to help).

Before doing this post I searched on this fact and found posts dating from April 2015 and further.

That's 3 years and a half with this issue not addressed in 1 way or another.

That would not be a too big problem had those missions been balanced for a solo player reaching this stage, but it is not at all.

Edited by Melirion

4 minutes ago, Melirion said:

And even worse than that are spy and rescue missions which are empty even before Cerès

I can answer this with ease: Almost nobody play these mission public because the fail rate is above 80%, while solo you achieve 100% success rate

4 minutes ago, Melirion said:

That would not be a too big problem had those missions been balanced for a solo player reaching this stage, but it is not at all.

The whole game is actually too easy in solo play on almost any stage if you upgrade your gear

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

It could be that the connection between you and others isn't good enough to offer you partners. It can also be that few new players are playing those nodes set to public at the same hours you do. Most nodes can be completed easily solo if you're building up your equipment aside from interception and possibly defense. If you're having issues solo, work on your equipment or go to the recruiting channel or join a clan to find people to go with you.

Well I just tried 2 missions in solo mode rather than on-line.

It looks like solo mode is easier than being solo in an on-line game.

Regarding the connection, I had no issue for other missions on the 1st planets, for bounties, syndicate missions, relics, etc.

Only the node unlock.

And for spy/rescue: I'm so bad that it is the other way around: my fail rate is 100% when I'm solo and 20% or even closer to 0% when with somebody (who I actually let do the mission 😁). That was ok on the 1st planets, but there is nobody after earth.

Waow, thanks for the link, that's a long read, thankfully I'm on holiday 🙂

For the record I just managed a spy mission 2 / 3. It is so long that if you fail it is way too much to redo.

Anyway the base subject is the desertion on Jupiter.

I'm on Jupiter right now so not true.

Ever thought it's because there's barely any oxygen here?

I don't see any Corpus, actually i don't see anything at all but i think i saw Chewbacca carrying C3PO near IO just a minute ago before the gasstorms messed up my FoV settings.

There should be a few players on IO and maybe Sinai, plus Amalthea because some people are always the Ivara parts and Corpus Spy tends to be more straightforward than Grineer missions, but you will usually not find a lot on the starchart, some of the most played game modes don't even take place on the starchart.

3 hours ago, Melirion said:

That's 3 years and a half with this issue not addressed in 1 way or another.

Did you add mods to your frame and weapons in 3 1/2 years? Because Jupiter can be soloed (in fact you can solo the entire map with appropriate mods -- no Rivens are needed, too). Yes, you can do defense one wave solo and unlock it.

Indeed I discovered that playing solo is easier than being solo in an online game.

So I could unlock some nodes by specifically playing solo. The only thing is I'm bad at rescue / spy missions (and I hate them), but this time I could do it alone.

Yet it is sad to have deserted area in a multiplier game. I know there are thousands of people connected. DE really needs to even out rewards to span people a little bit everywhere. Right now I see most people do defense or survival and late game stuff.

Edited by Melirion

48 minutes ago, Melirion said:

Indeed I discovered that playing solo is easier than being solo in an online game.

So I could unlock some nodes by specifically playing solo. The only thing is I'm bad at rescue / spy missions (and I hate them), but this time I could do it alone.

Yet it is sad to have deserted area in a multiplier game. I know there are thousands of people connected. DE really needs to even out rewards to span people a little bit everywhere. Right now I see most people do defense or survival and late game stuff.

The problem isn't easy to fix, End-gamers won't wait for folks still learning maps. They're already halfway across the map, and somehow you have to get there to meet them, as they expect everyone to have played before. Then they complain about folks without super duper computers; non 10ms connections. I had an end-gamer on Earth complain that I should learn how to play the game BEFORE playing in public. He overgeared the evacuation zone and died to the mobs while I was capturing a synthesis target (all he said as he entered was how many waves am I doing). He was expecting me to carry him, and raged that he died (I forgot I was on public when switching frames). But he knew what mission to leech on.

Games are full of that crap, why leveling zones in games older than 2 years old is empty of level appropriate groups. All that essentially play are end-gamers rerunning alts by then, and expect perfection (they finish missions in less than 5mins). Newbies are still learning where to go.

So to save on the headaches, unlock the zones solo. You also have the time to practice those spy and rescue missions. Do the cache runs if you're new, so you don't waste plat buying mods, too...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682897578

On 2018-12-09 at 12:13 AM, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

they finish missions in less than 5mins

I am guilty of doing this, especially when I realize that I've picked the wrong mission or have not switched to solo, when going on exploration. 

On 2018-12-09 at 12:13 AM, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

all he said as he entered was how many waves am I doing

Also of doing this, but this is because Warframe has that stupid thing were it is either everybody exit or every body stays. And sometimes knowing everybody's interest before hand can make a huge different in how the game progresses. 

Stupid because it implemented everywhere within the coop system of the game,even to such degree, where making a selfish decision is extremely punishable for the rest of the team

On the other stuff however I cannot argue. I think you have made fear points, which I also had problem with when I've transitioned to the PS4. Even to such extreme that I've played solo for a pretty long time, at least until I had most of the star-chart done and missions that I can solo (sometimes including sorties), excluding for some reason all the arch wing missions and interception. (never had both of these problems on the pc)

I reached Saturn.

First 3 missions: nobody.

4th mission is defense, which I farmed. Around 10 times in a row: full group each time.

This shows it is not a question of people being in end game (while I agree this is certainly a part of the answer). People use those mission to gain xp for their new items. Starting in the lower levels and progressively going up. This means you will always find people there, not counting the resource gathering.

This is a question of time / reward ratio. Doing the defense mission I just got so many resources / relics / xp etc, the other ones can't compete with. A 20/30 minutes rescue / spy mission gives you peanuts compared with a 10 minutes defense missions.

The node unlock principle should be eased in one way or another as we are mostly alone, or they should do something to attract people.

This game is supposed to be a cooperative game, right ? What's the point of being solo in 90% of the missions ?

Edited by Melirion

Helene is one of the most played nodes along with Hydron for mastery xp.

If you're farming for relics, it would be the best to, once you get through the starchart and make some viable builds for higher levels, get into Elite Sanctuary Onslaught which gives rad relics, or if you're playing in a squad you can 'leech' xp by using a support class with unranked weapons, wouldn't suggest this for pug matchmaking, especially not in that ESO.

People tend to play the nodes/missions that gives the best/most rewards which tends to be newest content usually, currently that's Fortuna and its free mastery points from crafting different kitguns.

I'm only trying to unlock the nodes.

Anyway just tried the rescue mission .. Well stopping the game ... Too old to loose time like this.

Wouldn't be an issue if someone was there to help, but alone ... nope. And it is required to go further to get better Frames / weapons ... So it is a deadlock.

Edited by Melirion

53 minutes ago, Melirion said:

Anyway just tried the rescue mission .. Well stopping the game ... Too old to loose time like this.

Wouldn't be an issue if someone was there to help, but alone ... nope. And it is required to go further to get better Frames / weapons ... So it is a deadlock.

You could try an invis frame, or Banshee.

Silence can delay the reactions of the Wardens a bit and even if you're in a team that just noobs around, Silence's aura works on your teammates's weapons as well.

Or just speedrun them with a fast or tanky frame and use ciphers if you don't want to bother with that.

Clearing the starchart doesn't take as much time as it might look like at first glance, but most of them have to be ran solo as most people plays the best farming nodes.

If you really want to run it with others, you can always use the recruit chat channel.

If I recall I had to bust through Jupiter doing a lot of solo play as well - but then it picks up more over the next set of planets. Saturn for one has Helene which a great place right now to quickly level gear so there is always a crowd. Rarely do I see public options for most spy missions going forward though, easy enough not to fail, but hard in a pub group to do it without tripping the alarms 😉

13 hours ago, Melirion said:

You can use the recruitment or region chat channels.  Just throw up you are needing help and I’m sure someone can help out.   If you are on PS4 I would gladly help.  Spy missions are among the better missions to level weapons anyway, If your solo that is.

Il y a 12 heures, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx a dit :

Have you tried using ciphers?  You know you don't have to kill everything in these missions right?  Just run past everyone to the objective and then get out of dodge.

In this very particular case, I reach the hostage and free her.

The problem is after: so many ennemies I can't handle them and the hostage dies in the blink of an eye.

Edited by Melirion

Il y a 1 heure, BRT_LovesSushi a dit :

Yeah that’s the trick, best to keep moving, in most cases the hostage will keep up warping through the environment.

I noticed that, but she dies too quickly before deciding to "warp".

I used Frost (at this point, I mean  after having freed the hostage, I usually do not have enough energy to cast Avalanche).

My other options are Nyx and Volt.

Edited by Melirion

Running to extraction should be enough, but you can't fail it with a well built Nyx.

Chaos for cc, so they don't shoot the hostage, Absorb with the Assimilate augment and you can revive without even having to use your operator if you don't have one yet or simply don't like operators.

Volt's 4. just kills pretty much everything.

But i suspect your energy problems come from the lack of an operator, you can make energy restores if you bought the blueprints from the market in your orbiter or if you researched it in a Dojo.