Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Way too powerful Enemies!

Wolfguy423

the baddies are leveled way too high for my Current war-frame (Excalibur) and equipped weapons. Especially the flying guys on the plains on earth!
im level 16 and have an army of psychotic baddies within seconds of finding a base destroying me with ease (free roam level). I also still have the weapons I chose when i started, because i can't build anything (due to lack of ingredients and mastery?). I get tired of spamming mission levels and just want to free-roam! but, i can't due to the never ending, wanna be Terminators that you call enemies!
I'm all for a challenge but this is suicide.
Seriously fun game. but i think it needs a lower level of play for casual gamers like myself.
(I have Venus unlocked as well but it's the same story there).

P.s. Holy God, Nerf the speed on the flying guys!

So the issue isn’t the game. The issue is you don’t know what you’re doing. You very likely don’t have any of the appropriate mod equipped or leveled. You’re probably still using the starter weapons. You’re basically unfit to face the plains. Just complete first bounty when you need to and return to the plains when you have a better grasp of the game.

• Like 7

Mods for survival on the frames and damage on the weapons until you get the hang of things. Having mods like Vigor, Vitality, and Redirection on your frame is key for not getting killed. There is also a mod station on the orbiter for leveling those mods up to make them stronger. Also keep in mind that this game has a leveling system on top of adding mods into Frames and Weapons. So being level 16 you only have half (more or less) your shields and health you could have. This is important to know because most mods work off % of your current base stats. 

Most people have tons of bronze mods, if you are having trouble getting starting you can always ask if anyone can share. No idea what time zone your in but I be more than happy to share some common mods to get you started.

It's not the OP's fault that the game kinda pushes new players into poe too early.

@OP: Don't go to the plains until you've finished the second dream quest.  If you're having problems moving up the star chart, then replay earlier content or group up with people in public games.  But if you keep dying in missions, then take a step back because you shouldn't be there for whatever reason. Problem solved.

The enemies on the plains and orb vallis aren't too hard -- you're just not really supposed to be there now.

Edited by Daemonjax
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So the issue isn’t the game. The issue is you don’t know what you’re doing. You very likely don’t have any of the appropriate mod equipped or leveled. You’re probably still using the starter weapons. You’re basically unfit to face the plains. Just complete first bounty when you need to and return to the plains when you have a better grasp of the game.

you don't have to be a jerk about it. a little more constructive criticism would be awesome.
also there is no probably about the starter weps. i said i still did in my original post.

8 hours ago, Zelmeno said:

Mods for survival on the frames and damage on the weapons until you get the hang of things. Having mods like Vigor, Vitality, and Redirection on your frame is key for not getting killed. There is also a mod station on the orbiter for leveling those mods up to make them stronger. Also keep in mind that this game has a leveling system on top of adding mods into Frames and Weapons. So being level 16 you only have half (more or less) your shields and health you could have. This is important to know because most mods work off % of your current base stats. 

Most people have tons of bronze mods, if you are having trouble getting starting you can always ask if anyone can share. No idea what time zone your in but I be more than happy to share some common mods to get you started.

i have mods increasing my hp, shields, and armor in my frame and weapon damage, range, reload speed and the likes in all my melee weapons with all the mods almost maxed out.
i have a few 3 starred ones and a few 6 starred ones. i just simply can't build any decent weapons due to lack of mastery and lack of ingredients because i keep dying trying to get them.
most of the baddies i'm running into are like level 25-30 when im lvl 16.. yeah i can kill em but they just keep coming and eventually kill me.

but seriously the flying guys are stupidly fast and insanely hard to hit with anything. they're literally speed glitching across my screen.

11 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

If you're on later I'll help you build some nicer weapons to work with.

Dude that would be awesome! i have a bow, katana and throwing knives.

My recommendation would be to focus on clearing the junctions available on from earth first and maybe 1 or 2 more. They provide a lot of useful stuff and in the process of completing the requirement you'll get resources to build weapons. Also make sure to do the gift of the lotus alert when they pop-up in the future. Installing a catalyst/reactor in your gear make a huge difference. If there is a weapon you want and would upgrade your arsenal look up what it needs, check the wiki if needed (just google "X warframe wiki") and go unlock the necessary planet and take the time to get the resources. As for rare one, the bosses of each planet usually drop them consistently. Also make sure to level your gear and rank up you mod when you can, while redirection and vitality are important survival tool, they don't do much before rank 6-8

As for the plains of eidolons... Honestly it's not very new player friendly. There is very little content for you to do that keep enemies at level below 20-30. This leave pretty much only the first bounty level and free-roaming while avoiding fights to fish and mine. Plus avoid eidolons until you have an amp. What's an amp? It's kind of spoiler-ish so I'll let you discover in-game when the time is right or just look up the wiki. As it was said before, if you die consistently it's probably because you are not due to be here yet, go back and do other stuff. Doesn't mean there's nothing on POE for you, just to little that you can do right now.

21 hours ago, Daemonjax said:

It's not the OP's fault that the game kinda pushes new players into poe too early.

@OP: Don't go to the plains until you've finished the second dream quest.  If you're having problems moving up the star chart, then replay earlier content or group up with people in public games.  But if you keep dying in missions, then take a step back because you shouldn't be there for whatever reason. Problem solved.

The enemies on the plains and orb vallis aren't too hard -- you're just not really supposed to be there now.

But he needs to be there to do Tridolons. Like right now. Or else. 😉

Edited by CedarDpg

Ugh, if anything undermines the mess DE has created it is this reaction.

They are presumably catering to new players but drop them into circumstances with no clue how to progress or even that they need to, to make this meaningful. They get squashed, don’t have motivation to advance, if they are even aware of it, and play other content.

His frame is prolly 16 with small idea there is mr and a world of work to do.

Every other node in the star chart is gated by completing its antecedents. POE and Venus kinda not.

• 3 weeks later...

i also think that enemies are way too OP right now, starting at around lvl40, they are way too quick, they have the potential to 1-shot you, or screw up your really good shield with 1 regular shot of their gun or melee, if that's not OP, i don't know what it is, and i'm NOT a noob btw!

Plains is too early for a low ranked Player. It’s possible to play there but it’s more recommended to rank up Mods and getting better equipments before fighting them at levels like 60. Also, the Grineer in Plains is no problem when you reach Orb Vallis and Mot and experience the damage there.

Edited by GPrime96

4 hours ago, TheRaptorZ said:

really good shield...

...NOT a noob btw!

Gr8 b8 m8.

On 2018-12-18 at 7:18 PM, Wolfguy423 said:

I get tired of spamming mission levels and just want to free-roam! ...

...P.s. Holy God, Nerf the speed on the flying guys!

If you get killed in free roam regardless of your frame or mods equipped, you're doing something wrong, basic parkour like bullet jumping lets you avoid most if not all damage especially from the low damage trash mob Dargyns that can't hit a barn door with their pieshooters and Ogmas don't spawn frequently and can be taken out with high damage weapons and the right buffs. (operator abuse also lets you ignore 100% of incoming damage)

Plains is designed around forcing you into constant movement, for free roam consider farming Limbo asap and Banishing everything you see while you're mining, you don't need any high end mods to do that.

13 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

@GPrime96  @TheRaptorZ

This topic was dead and was from weeks ago,lets not revive it 

or else DE migth "Balance" the NPCs again -_-

It does, however, illustrate that maybe giving new players access to  low mid-end game content right on the very fist planet is a bad idea. When I first started Warframe, I spent hours getting frustrated that I don't kill anything in the lowest bounties on Cetus and everything was killing me. Not to mention, the pain of bullet jumping all across the plains since I didn't even have an Archwing...

Edited by Bristoling

Just now, Bristoling said:

It does, however, illustrate that maybe giving new players access to  low mid-end game content right on the very fist planet is a bad idea. 

If new players want to be able to kill they need to work for it

Just imagine entering a game,goin into the open map and killing everything so easy,that would be boring as hell.

Plains and Orb become very easy once you got an good equipment.

1 minute ago, -Sentient- said:

If new players want to be able to kill they need to work for it

Just imagine entering a game,goin into the open map and killing everything so easy,that would be boring as hell.

Plains and Orb become very easy once you got an good equipment.

Highest level of enemies on Earth that new player has access to, not including Dark Sector, is 6. The first bounty contains level 5-15 level enemies. Your argument is almost the same as allowing new players access sorties on the first planet and then telling them they should work for it. No, the players of such a low level shouldn't work for it, they shouldn't be allowed to make such mistakes as joining a mission that is way too hard for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bristoling said:

Highest level of enemies on Earth that new player has access to, not including Dark Sector, is 6. The first bounty contains level 5-15 level enemies. Your argument is almost the same as allowing new players access sorties on the first planet and then telling them they should work for it. No, the players of such a low level shouldn't work for it, they shouldn't be allowed to make such mistakes as joining a mission that is way too hard for them.

Mhmm No?

Thats like saying "Yo I can go and take that girl,but i am not ready to...,let me remove that girl from the phase of existance"

New players should go and try,if they see its too hard they should search for an strategy.

16 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Mhmm No?

Thats like saying "Yo I can go and take that girl,but i am not ready to...,let me remove that girl from the phase of existance"

New players should go and try,if they see its too hard they should search for an strategy.

Your comparison is "Yo I can go and do PoE, but I'm not ready since I'm an MR1 scrub, let me remove PoE from the game for everyone". That isn't what my point was.

Simple truth is - you don't stick a level 40 dungeon around level 10 dungeons and open it to level 10 players without telling them its supposed to be done later in the game. It's bad design.

Planets are locked away behind junctions to make sure that new MR0-1 players don't stupidly go to Saturn-Sedna and waste their time getting their ass kicked. PoE should be locked behind at the very least Venus junction as well, because in any game there should be one thing present - progression. At least Fortuna is on Venus so a new player has to do at least 10-15 missions and will probably be rocking a non-cracked Vitality and Serration on his weapon.

People do not know that they shouldn't be doing PoE content before getting better/stronger. So they will be wasting their time trying, and trying, and trying, and some of them will learn, but some of them will get annoyed and leave - not because the game is bad, but because the guidance and progression is.

There is literally no point in unlocking Plains to any player that hasn't at the very least finished all the other Earth missions. 

Edited by Bristoling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bristoling said:

Your comparison is "Yo I can go and do PoE, but I'm not ready since I'm an MR1 scrub, let me remove PoE from the game for everyone". That isn't what my point was.

Simple truth is - you don't stick a level 40 dungeon around level 10 dungeons and open it to level 10 players without telling them its supposed to be done later in the game. It's bad design.

Planets are locked away behind junctions to make sure that new MR0-1 players don't stupidly go to Saturn-Sedna and waste their time getting their ass kicked. PoE should be locked behind at the very least Venus junction as well, because in any game there should be one thing present - progression. At least Fortuna is on Venus so a new player has to do at least 10-15 missions and will probably be rocking a non-cracked Vitality and Serration on his weapon.

People do not know that they shouldn't be doing PoE content before getting better/stronger. So they will be wasting their time trying, and trying, and trying, and some of them will learn, but some of them will get annoyed and leave - not because the game is bad, but because the guidance and progression is.

There is literally no point in unlocking Plains to any player that hasn't at the very least finished all the other Earth missions. 

Well in some point I agree

When I first started,I had nothing but a MK1 Braton and a heat sword,when I arrived at plains I was like...Oh,so its another Pay 2 win game where you can't kill anything without paying for kewl weapons

On 2018-12-18 at 6:18 PM, Wolfguy423 said:

the baddies are leveled way too high for my Current war-frame (Excalibur) and equipped weapons.

Don't worry about it, you'll get there! Welcome to Warframe - it doesn't hold your hand and some content is too high level for new players...

Especially the flying guys on the plains on earth!

Like that! The Plains of Eidolon are not starter content - mostly they will be way too high level for you, and the bosses require an ability you won't have for many hours yet.

Seriously fun game. but i think it needs a lower level of play for casual gamers like myself

It does. Beat all the regular mission nodes on Earth, then Venus, then Mercury, then Mars. Learn to beat the bosses many times as they drop the components for more Warframes.

Yeah, these missions are an older part of the game and aren't as much fun as the plains, but the game's devs tend to add content for later (rather than beginner) players, so the more you play the more unlocks that you can do.

Focus on the quests and junctions first. You want Archwing and Kubrow quests as soon as you can get them.

im level 16

You aren't. The game doesn't explain this very well, but that's just the level for for Excalibur. Over the course of this game you'll get and level many other frames. Excal's a good all rounder, but you'll find other frames that are better suited to other tasks.

You have an overall rank across all your gear called Mastery, or MR. 

You want a collection of different weapons for different enemies. As you level them up your MR goes up and you get access to better weapons.

I also still have the weapons I chose when i started, because i can't build anything (due to lack of ingredients and mastery?). 

The game doesn't explain this well either: go to the market and you can buy weapon blueprints. These cost credits (earned in game) rather than platinum (bought for real money). The gun you want to aim for is called the Hek, and you need to be MR 4 (level all your starting gear to 30 and you should get there). That's a shotgun that can kill everything for most of the star chart.

Once you've bought a blueprint you can built the weapon at the foundry - you might need components you don't have yet, but almost all the stuff you need for low MR weapons drops on the first few planets.

Also look out for early weapon you can just buy for credits, like the Lex pistol.

I get tired of spamming mission levels and just want to free-roam!

Yeah, again, welcome to Warframe. We call this the grind. Mostly there's enough fun stuff here, but sometimes you have to repeat content.

Mostly, at this point, you want to level fast. So find the highest level Grineer defence mission that you have access to. Go there, ideally with other players (as their kills also level your gear), and stay until you start getting downed, then quit and repeat. You should level your weapons and frame up pretty quickly.

Once you get anything to level 30 start looking to replace it - outside boss fights (and any mission you struggle with) you want to be levelling up new gear. When you reach Neptune you'll find some new mechanics that take this further, but until then always be levelling new guns.

Get on the market - there are loads of guns you can buy for credits, and loads of blueprints you'll be able to build now. You won't need to spend real money, but that's always the first option the game gives you (it's free and they have mortgages to pay, so this is fair). Don't buy anything for platinum for now.