Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

examples of potential cross-frame synergy using Spores

zoobmer

• if an enemy dies while under the effect of a DOT status (I.E burning, bleeding, or poisoned), they are guaranteed to to spread spores, even if they died of spores. (this allows Equinox and Ember to spread spores)
  • if an enemy dies while frozen (by Frost, Gara, etc), blinded (by Excalibur, Mirage, etc), or asleep (by Equinox, Baruke, etc), they are guaranteed to spread spores, even if they died of spores.
  • if an enemy dies while taking continuous damage (E.G Undertoe), they are guaranteed to spread spores, even if they die of spores.
  • if enemies have a hotspot on their torso (I.E from sonar), that is the location spores will land, and they benefit from the damage multiplier. additionally, if an enemy dies with a spore on their hot spot, they are guaranteed to spread spores, even if they died of spores.

feel free to provide any additional examples for any cross-frame synergies.

So... Crossframe as in Nez... Erhm... Nothing.

---

Well, seriously now. I'd agree with you but I really don't believe such a change will take place anytime soon since it was precisely because of how easy spores propagated that they took the hammer. Besides I don't know much about programming and code, but it seems like it'd be a lot of work just for that, when it'd be easier to simply revert the change to the state where you could simply burst them.

I can see it happening but in a very limited way, as in a very select synergy mechanic with just this or that frame who have it.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

7 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Nyx's Mind Control can do dps because spores strip armor which is an op ability to have with.

nyx already has a way to remove 100% of armor, as clunky as it is

and even with that mind control sucks

Edited by TKDancer

2 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

and even with that mind control sucks

Yeah, because its not Tenno Specter AI. Tenno specter is better and can actually deal dmg.

Petition to make Mind Control spawn tenno nyx specter so we can give equipment to it

Soo........ you just want to make there be no downsides to Spore? Well, this would lead to it taking a massive DPS nerf to compensate....... so sure, let's do this.

Seriously though, no. Spores need no massive buffs like this.

On 2019-01-09 at 2:13 PM, TKDancer said:

it's literally the only ability which needs power strength. you'd want the range bonus from Overextended on Nyx for her chaos, and you'd rant minimum strength to lower the drain of her tanking ability. increasing your strength of an ability which only strips armor from a handful of enemies is a bad idea.

On 2019-01-09 at 2:17 PM, XenMaster said:

Petition to make Mind Control spawn tenno nyx specter so we can give equipment to it

um... no! how about making it benefit from weapon mods?

18 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

it's literally the only ability which needs power strength. you'd want the range bonus from Overextended on Nyx for her chaos, and you'd rant minimum strength to lower the drain of her tanking ability. increasing your strength of an ability which only strips armor from a handful of enemies is a bad idea.

theres not a lot of places where you actually need 240% range, plus one only needs 130% STR for 100 armor removal

and i never said it was optimal

On 2019-01-09 at 8:13 PM, TKDancer said:

just saying that talking about cross-frame synergies is odd when the frame itself already has that synergy, plus saryn's spores do considerably better and more reliable dmg than mind controlled targets, even if u have mind freak and blast them during the absorption period, their AI is just that bad

Edited by TKDancer

When all's said and done, DE have kinda been 'meh' on the idea of cross-frame synergy.

The reason for that is likely that specific synergy would either be buggy as heck to program, or it would create even more powerful and specific meta groups and as players we genuinely don't need the extra power.

Our team buffing and specific self-buffing abilities are so strong now that most high-end players agree there's not really an Endgame in Warframe. Sorties, Endless Survivals, Eidolons and Orb Mothers, Arbitrations and ESO can all be farmed solo with a good chunk of the frames we have, and they can be solo'd easily with the meta frames. Teams can bring down the difficulty of those missions to 'negligible', even when they aren't the exact meta.

Specific inter-frame synergy would be potentially incredibly buggy and/or exploitable, and there's no real reason to do it, so... It's likely never going to happen.