Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR+ 20 Players have become a plague

Easier2Hax

1 minute ago, Makunogo said:

leechers dont have a MR requirement.  stop trying to tie the two together. if someone is going ot leech. what mastery rank they are isnt going to change that.

dont put words in that i haven't stated thanks.

Yes, it isn't tied to MR but once again, you've completely missed my point.

A person leeching at MR5, MR10, and MR15 have the same two possible outcomes. They either quit or stop it, or they continue their behavior and mindset as they make their way to MR20. This essentially condenses the playerbase at MR20 which is why there is often an observation that the higher MR players are likely to be the ones leeching.

16 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Yes, it isn't tied to MR but once again, you've completely missed my point.

A person leeching at MR5, MR10, and MR15 have the same two possible outcomes. They either quit or stop it, or they continue their behavior and mindset as they make their way to MR20. This essentially condenses the playerbase at MR20 which is why there is often an observation that the higher MR players are likely to be the ones leeching.

unless they have seen all the MR 20+ players. in all regions and compiled some big survey showing such results i cant really agree with that. 

as stated earlier (by someone else) people will focus on the bad more then the good.  about half the leech threads have popped up on people who had ONE or TWO instance of being in a squad where someone "leeched" 

thats in quotation marks as there hasn't been a real common consensus on what is leeching. tho in my perspective AFK and ignoring the mission is the only reasonable times one can say they are leeching as i mentioned with that mindset. there is not a *insane* leecher problem and more of a " why aren't you carrying me" problem which is a lot more prevalent in pubs then leeches. its more often that we are seeing people who are expecting carries/un ranked/undergeared/ low mr for the content (ish) then people leeching

ironically the same people who tend to want to be carried is usually the ones who complain about leeching when u read the threads

15 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

That is because high MR and a player being lazy aren't correlated. The reality is that it is a player who doesn't want to work who has become aware that DE doesn't have very good systems in place for dealing with that kind of bad sportsmanship. This could be something a player could become aware of at any time and then choose to abuse.

I’d also like to point out that some players are mining or fishing or toroid hunting or wisp hunting or doing any of the non-combat, time-gated, forced activities to acquire resources for  “content” as quickly/efficiently as possible.

I’ve done this with resource boosters and with permission from the PUG squad with lower-level bounties.  I just want the standing and resources completed ASAP because it’s non-Warframe gaming (for me) to acquire Warframe content.

Part of this is the result of DE’s game design choices divorcing the player from squad-based combat...to acquire premiere gear for squad-based combat.

So correlating “lazy” with those not participating in bounties May not be accurate either.  

Fin

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Well when people leech from the get go - I frikin hate it, but I love what one guy said at first page - do 1 bounty and leave so that others couldn't join 😄

But then there's other thing as someone else also pointed out - sometimes you don't get to do anything because there's 1 player destroying everything on sight in sheer seconds and you are just useless tool. Like someone grabs whatever weapon and blasts ships as soon as they arrive before troops even start jumping out of the ship so what I am supposed to do? Stand around and do nothing? Usually when objective is in the cave in this kind of party I do some mining at the start because the guy just rushes in knowing every part of the cave and raping it inside out. But sometimes I pick up my Mesa and i get matched with lower rank people then I become this kind of guy deleting everything in 20km radius with leaving other guys jobless and I really couldn't care less if 1 or 2 of them would go do other stuff unless it's an objective with finding caches under the time limit. 

Therefore I think people that simply can't keep up with others and are quite useless (not because they're bad) could be excused for mining / fishing in Fortuna or PoE. But those who join with intention to straight out leech by mining or fishing - go to hell.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rand0mname said:

I rarely PUG Bounties this days. I do not need other players to complete the mission. In fact, I will finish it faster solo (especially in Orb Vallis).

Same. The PoE gate and Fortuna elevator are often a painful wait unless you go solo...solo is much faster to complete objectives, more pleasant (no lag, abilities work reliably, etc.), and you can completely avoid the awkward end bounty mess of multiple host migrations and/or waiting for everyone to return to the gate/elevator. Leave squad/abort mission/pray and wait at exit are a poor set of choices given WF's p2p nature. Using p2p works fine for normal star chart/non-endless stuff, it's terrible for the open areas, ESO, and Arbitrations.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’d also like to point out that some players are mining or fishing or toroid hunting or wisp hunting or doing any of the non-combat, time-gated, forced activities to acquire resources for  “content” as quickly/efficiently as possible.

I’ve done this with resource boosters and with permission from the PUG squad with lower-level bounties.  I just want the standing and resources completed ASAP because it’s non-Warframe gaming (for me) to acquire Warframe content.

Part of this is the result of DE’s game design choices divorcing the player from squad-based combat...to acquire premiere gear for squad-based combat.

So correlating “lazy” with those not participating in bounties May not be accurate either.  

Fin

You're definitely right that some people are just working on a different grind. Absolutely. But I want to point out the greater context of my post and the original issue OP was unhappy about. AFK during bounty queues.

I don't queue for a bounty when I'm going fishing. I just walk out into the open world. Why? Because when I'm in free roam nobody can really expect me to be doing anything in particular. I haven't queued up to be given objectives. It's free roam. If I queue'd up for a bounty to try my luck at another lens and decided "Dang it if the grind isn't rough. I'm just gonna fish and let the other three guys win me some stuff" I'd be willing to bet I'd be called out for being a tool. And it'd be justified. So all I ask is you keep in mind that I'm not talking about the struggles or tedium of gathering wisps or whatever. Thats a different story. I'm talking about people queuing for a mission and not then going on to play it. It's exactly equivalent to queuing into a Defense and trying to hide in the spawn room instead of follow the team into the map.

Edited by Blatantfool