Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Rivens are bad business! (Gambling and Rng on Rng on Grind)

Doughalo2

5 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

anecdotal evidence, if this were true i would have the same result and that is far from what ive gotten. RNG is RNG, it will appear to throw out patterns because our minds seek out patterns thats just how it is. Additionally while the act of using kuva to get random rolls does mimic gambling at a base level it doenst do any harm outside of potentially sucking away all your time. By that same logic running rathuum for specific mods like vengeful revenant is gambling too as youre burning time for a random reward.

Ignorance is ignorance...

Random can be true random(hardware generated) or pseudo ransom(software generated). Obviously their system is a cheap software random system(controlled by parameters).

i am not complaining about random games, i am complaining about the absurd random  system they use...

1 hour ago, Doughalo2 said:

Yes his first roll was good but not ideal or godroll and even that was cery lucky and unlikely there are more examples.

That's your issue, if you're looking for the bestest roll in the whole solar system then be prepared to spend a lot of time, kuva and maybe plat. At this point it's just the players' blind focus on having the best stats which they don't even need just to feel good about a weapon that hardly needs them. You don't compromise, can't accept that there's 1 stat that isn't ranked high enough by a random freaking site on the internet programmed by people you don't know and think differently from you 

You want the absolute best, then you'll be paying for it, if you can't compromise then it's your fault, the system is working as intended. More lower-MR weapons are getting better use, players have something to farm for and play for and DE is making money from plat purchases, why would they ever change that? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Ignorance is ignorance...

Random can be true random(hardware generated) or pseudo ransom(software generated). Obviously their system is a cheap software random system(controlled by parameters).

i am not complaining about random games, i am complaining about the absurd random  system they use...

calling me ignorant because you think DE coded their rng system to S#&$ on you, now that you put it that way I guess youre right. I guess all these awsome rivens I have and that my clanmates have are just flukes that the system let slip by. I hope DE doesnt find out about them and take them away because....something something conspiracy hur dur.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doughalo2 said:

Why are De praised for removing the plat Kubrow appearance gamble when this is 1000x worse and applies not only to obtaining rivens but also rolling them.

The big difference is that DE doesn't sell Rivens directly and the economy around them is 100% player-generated.

8 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

That's your issue, if you're looking for the bestest roll in the whole solar system then be prepared to spend a lot of time, kuva and maybe plat. At this point it's just the players' blind focus on having the best stats which they don't even need just to feel good about a weapon that hardly needs them. You don't compromise, can't accept that there's 1 stat that isn't ranked high enough by a random freaking site on the internet programmed by people you don't know and think differently from you 

You want the absolute best, then you'll be paying for it, if you can't compromise then it's your fault, the system is working as intended. More lower-MR weapons are getting better use, players have something to farm for and play for and DE is making money from plat purchases, why would they ever change that? 

Where you get these informations??? i don' think DE releases how much earn and where they get more! They said the most of incomes come from prime access and some esthetics.

Who spend more on rivens are few new rich players who got plat with their prime access and a lot of veterans full of  thousand and thousand of endo savings. Follow no much people spend (real)money to buy rivens(directly). I think someone should have mental issues or a lot(and a lot) of money to spend $250/$500 for a fkin riven!

Edited by bibmobello

55 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

There is no real money involved in the act of rolling the riven itself, you cant buy kuva with plat so its not gambling. Plus with how immensely powerful rivens for some weapons can be adding a the ability to lock stats would result in retardedly powerful rivens.

Its gambling, time is money and your timer spending whale plat even if you did not buy is still indirectly money.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I've said it before, there is nothing wrong with rivens. They are a fun mechanic to enhance weapons in different ways. It's the players that have this mentality that they have to roll for a god tier, it's useless otherwise, and when they do they try and sell it for thousands of plat. 

Rivens are not "gambling", because they require a resource to reroll that you can't buy with real money. You have to earn it in game. Can it become addicting? Yes, but it's not anything close to gambling.

You are gambling you time which is indirectly money as you push whales to purchase which is still screwing everyone over and preying on addicts and children.

13 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Because a lock system will still generate wealth but not exploit and they will makse less forcing them to add real content to make money not rng.

Plus 80% of rolls are trash 20% are usable and 1% is god even the useable rivens are incredibly rare...

Edited by Doughalo2

5 minutes ago, Doughalo2 said:

Its gambling, time is money and your timer spending whale plat even if you did not buy is still indirectly money.

But with the difference you should have fun while paying the game. If you play with the only purpose to get kuva than there is some problem! Following your thought DE should pay people for playing this game!

2 minutes ago, Doughalo2 said:

spending money that DE already has? not spending plat that you traded for from a whale doenst take that money away from DE, they already have it. Trading it to other players doesnt take that away either it just shifts it to another person. By your logic the entire game can be considered gambling because you "gamble" your time away farming for resources that may or may not drop.

You stretch any further and youre gonna have to change your name to Elasti-girl or Mr. Fantastic.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I've said it before, there is nothing wrong with rivens. They are a fun mechanic to enhance weapons in different ways. It's the players that have this mentality that they have to roll for a god tier, it's useless otherwise, and when they do they try and sell it for thousands of plat. 

Rivens are not "gambling", because they require a resource to reroll that you can't buy with real money. You have to earn it in game. Can it become addicting? Yes, but it's not anything close to gambling.

They are rng exploit wasting time lazyiness so they dont have to produce real quality content!

They would be fun and less but still profitable with a lock stat!

Easy fix

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

But with the difference you should have fun while paying the game. If you play with the only purpose to get kuva than there is some problem! Following your thought DE should pay people for playing this game!

so youre saying people dont have fun farming kuva? I do, I have plenty of fun running kuva survivals.

12 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Well if it was exploitative(which it isnt), ignoring it actually would change that since by by ignoring it you wouldnt get exploited.

Who cares if you can ignore it, alcohol, cigs are addictive and exploitative, most drugs, you can ignore but idiots wont and idiots make it harder for all

• Like 1

Just now, Doughalo2 said:

They do! When it enters the trade chat its all linked everything is like this, they indirectly profit TONNES.

But they don't tho. Most people don't buy plat specifically for rivens. And any and all plat in game doesn't have any effect on the profit DE get. Most people buy PA and from the plat there buy the riven they want. But the currency still exists in the game and isn't taken out. Riven trading is basically the equivalent of giving someone an "I owe you" note and then that person gives a similar note to someone else.

2 minutes ago, Doughalo2 said:

Who cares if you can ignore it, alcohol, cigs are addictive and exploitative, most drugs, you can ignore but idiots wont and idiots make it harder for all

so what you want is for the "idiots" who use the system to stop using the system as it is in the hopes that DE changes it to make it easier so you dont have to put as much work in?

1 minute ago, Doughalo2 said:

They do! When it enters the trade chat its all linked everything is like this, they indirectly profit TONNES.

the only way DE would directly make a profit off a a particular god riven is if the person buying that particular god riven went out and specifically bought plat to buy that specific riven. Otherwise the plat used to buy any riven was first bought for something else. Thus meaning that DE made the initial and only profit from that platinum from something else and not that specific riven. If I buy plat so that I can get mesa parts, DE made money from me buying plat for that. If the person who I bought the mesa parts from then goes and buys a riven with the plat they got from me DE doesnt magically make more money from the plat that already exists.

• Like 1

DeHTNNi.png

I need a stat locking mechanic bad.

Currently on a 352 re-roll here and I'm burning up faster than an asteroid entering orbit.

Dunno why they said no on the stat locking mechanic, kuva farming again and again is ridiculously painful.

+1.2million kuva and you get nothing! wow! just flipping wow! 

I dropped warframe because of this and I'm feeling the burn again.

10 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

so what you want is for the "idiots" who use the system to stop using the system as it is in the hopes that DE changes it to make it easier so you dont have to put as much work in?

the only way DE would directly make a profit off a a particular god riven is if the person buying that particular god riven went out and specifically bought plat to buy that specific riven. Otherwise the plat used to buy any riven was first bought for something else. Thus meaning that DE made the initial and only profit from that platinum from something else and not that specific riven. If I buy plat so that I can get mesa parts, DE made money from me buying plat for that. If the person who I bought the mesa parts from then goes and buys a riven with the plat they got from me DE doesnt magically make more money from the plat that already exists.

They make more money of smaller purchases not the 1% god eivens and even those are over priced