Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Rivens are bad business! (Gambling and Rng on Rng on Grind)

Doughalo2

8 minutes ago, RosiJohnHuhu said:

Just no. 

It has been said before: riven are not gambling, you earn kuva ingame and rivens too (with a good drop chance). Kuva is just a big grind (and oh boy do i love ressource boosters) and there's not rng involved cuz you know you'll get that ressource.

What makes rivens expensive are the players in the trade chat, obviously. DE didn't made them cost  100 bucks.

Rivens are good (no matter what) even if they make some strong weapons more powerfull, weaker weapons can benefit from it too.  I think they don't affect the gameplay that much, they just boost stats.

It sounds repetitive and a little bit arrogant but if you don't like rivens, just ignore them.

Grinding is a subtle word. The question is how long you have to flippin grind .

You know why God rolls are soooo freakin expensive?

Why reroll for +300 times when you can buy that riven from someone who got a lucky roll for +3K plat.

Why waste half a year grinding when you can just buy it for an obscene amount of plat.

4 minutes ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

Yup, been farming it for too long now.

Shiiizzz... 

You know, everyone COULD have that expensive Ferrari of their dreams IF we could get a flippin stat lock.

Prices would drop, Everyone would be happy, and Threads like these won't exists.

It's not just about damage for endgame, I do reroll rivens for auxiliary purposes like reload spead and whatnot, I'm sure everyone does.

Imma be real with you, I'd like that too, but the riven market would plummet. DE would make less money, everyone would have a Ferrari. Except knowing DE, stat locking rivens if implemented by DE wouldn't be so simple. I can guarantee you DE would allow stat locking with an item you would HAVE to farm.

And the most dangerous aspect when you speak to people about riven rolls is:

a)"Do you know  you need thousand(and maybe more) of rolls to obtain a good roll?"

b)"I want only the best, i am not for mediocrity"

included the author of this topic...

When people(mostly kids) says this is not gambling... mehhh yes it's worst because at least with gambling you earn real money!

Self inflicted problem. If youre rolling in the hundreds, there is no way at least one of those wasnt a set of stats worth slotting the riven for. The difference between a 'god roll' and a good non 'god roll' is likely a second in DPS.

11 minutes ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

It's not just about damage for endgame, I do reroll rivens for auxiliary purposes like reload spead and whatnot, I'm sure everyone does.

The vast majority would lock damage stats, its naive to think otherwise.

1 minute ago, (PS4)alexismartinez14 said:

Imma be real with you, I'd like that too, but the riven market would plummet. DE would make less money, everyone would have a Ferrari. Except knowing DE, stat locking rivens if implemented by DE wouldn't be so simple. I can guarantee you DE would allow stat locking with an item you would HAVE to farm.

Like I said, If DE is not stat locking this mods for profit then that sucks hard. 

Stat locking is not that hard to implement. Pick a stat, now lock it so it doesn't change when you reroll. Done.

You did farm for that Riven via dailies, You farmed for that Kuva Via missions.

5 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Self inflicted problem. If youre rolling in the hundreds, there is no way at least one of those wasnt a set of stats worth slotting the riven for. The difference between a 'god roll' and a good non 'god roll' is likely a second in DPS.

The vast majority would lock damage stats, its naive to think otherwise.

Ok call it god roll the problem is the same. Anyway for some weapons doesn't exist only 1 "god" roll, they need much more alternative stats, it's useless to make 500.000 DPS when you finish the ammo after you killed 3 enemies...

8 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

And the most dangerous aspect when you speak to people about riven rolls is:

a)"Do you know  you need thousand(and maybe more) of rolls to obtain a good roll?"

b)"I want only the best, i am not for mediocrity"

included the author of this topic...

When people(mostly kids) says this is not gambling... mehhh yes it's worst because at least with gambling you earn real money!

attempting to invalidate other peoples arguments by assuming they're children, that will change peoples minds for sure.

Just now, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

attempting to invalidate other peoples arguments by assuming they're children, that will change peoples minds for sure.

You are becoming pretty boring sorry. Ignored , bye. 

P.S:For your curiosity  i mean kids are more susceptible to these kind of problems.

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Ok call it god roll the problem is the same. Anyway for some weapons doesn't exist only 1 "god" roll, they need much more alternative stats, it's useless to make 500.000 DPS when you finish the ammo after you killed 3 enemies...

No and not really. Carrier invalidates the ammo economy and you also have ammo mutations for weapons.

8 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

No and not really. Carrier invalidates the ammo economy and you also have ammo mutations for weapons.

1)You are wasting a slot used to maximize damage for ammo mutations.

2)If you do long survivals your carrier prime will die soon or later...

They should allow infinite regenerations on every sentinel because for now, only the prisma shade can survive(sometimes) for 60 minutes on arbitrations. The djinn is so squishy it will die continuously but hey it's immortal!

Edited by bibmobello

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

1)You are wasting a slot used to maximize damage for ammo mutations.

2)If you do long survivals your carrier prime will die soon or later...

Sometimes i forget im talking to a community obsessed with damage thats overkill for relevant content. Whats a damage mod for Twin Kohmak in place of ammo mutation going to get me? No ammo after clearing a corridor of 3rd sortie grineer instead of doing it anyway with lots of ammo to spare.

15 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Sometimes i forget im talking to a community obsessed with damage thats overkill for relevant content. Whats a damage mod for Twin Kohmak in place of ammo mutation going to get me? No ammo after clearing a corridor of 3rd sortie grineer instead of doing it anyway with lots of ammo to spare.

I think you are speaking with the wrong person... I wrote few post ago the raw damage is useless...

I deal  10% on star charts with mine twin gremlins while  other guys deal 90%. I go on arbitrations and till level 200 can kill everything the other guys can't(but if they have a good sniper) and i have a decent riven,  not a "god one".

...And YAy! you get a perfect example : the Twin Kohmak! A weapon useless without the perfect riven! i tried it and if you don't have +multishot, +stats(and i think a negative one) it's just... Crap with or without ammo mutation!

Imprecise, ammo wasting and short range make this weapon pure crap but if you get such riven.

Edited by bibmobello

3 hours ago, Doughalo2 said:

If a lock stat feature is not implemented into Riven mods De are knowingly corrupt and encourage gambling.

Why are De praised for removing the plat Kubrow appearance gamble when this is 1000x worse and applies not only to obtaining rivens but also rolling them. Look at this video for how long it takes to roll ideal stats...

https://youtu.be/NqFSSk0JqFg

gambling where? all you are doing is rolling for "better" stats with ingame currency, if you decide to spend pl on a riven, well thats your own fault.

this are not loot boxes okay, you are not paying an insane amount of real money to maybe get something, you are just spending ING farmable currency, again if you are dumb enough to pay 5000pl for a riven you have no one to blame but yourself.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

I sense a lock coming.

as with so many thigns in life, moderation is key. if you're one of those people that insists on only "god rolls" and trying to sell them for ludicrous sums of plat, you're setting yourself up for a bad time, you'll either burn yourself out farming the Kuva, or become salty when you don't sell that Riven for 10k plat. half the "god-rolls" I see aren't even that good because they don't actually understand the weapon that the Riven is for. the market is a total mess. and if you're willing to spend thousands of plat on a "god-roll" that you'll likely never take beyond level 100, I'm sorry, but you're a sucker and the other trader saw you coming.

on the other hand, if you just want Rivens to make a few fun but slightly weaker weapons better, or just want meme builds, then Rivens can be fun. it's all about what your intentions are.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I sense a lock coming.

as with so many thigns in life, moderation is key. if you're one of those people that insists on only "god rolls" and trying to sell them for ludicrous sums of plat, you're setting yourself up for a bad time, you'll either burn yourself out farming the Kuva, or become salty when you don't sell that Riven for 10k plat. half the "god-rolls" I see aren't even that good because they don't actually understand the weapon that the Riven is for. the market is a total mess. and if you're willing to spend thousands of plat on a "god-roll" that you'll likely never take beyond level 100, I'm sorry, but you're a sucker and the other trader saw you coming.

on the other hand, if you just want Rivens to make a few fun but slightly weaker weapons better, or just want meme builds, then Rivens can be fun. it's all about what your intentions are.

And overall they don't understand that when you spend 5000 plat on a riven the next months your precious weapon can be pure crap!

I don't see rivens as gambling, its just luck. Rivens are not a locked behind a plat wall. You can farm them ingame naturally.

"Desired stats" is just a meta that people follow and they only focus on the op stats and consider any other stat as garbage.

Its the community that made rivens as bad as they are. Op rivens are just the meta that some think they need. And its going to get worse over the years because riven prices will keep rising and nothing can really stop it. So, in the long run its not exactly a good idea to make it easier to get op riven stats. Plus you DON'T need rivens on any weapon, some just think they do. Its just greed from the community.

If you want a good riven you can easily obtain one with enough time and patience with out spending a lot of plat or any honestly. 

• Like 3

OP is confusing gambling and RNG.

Gambling is when you risk money, property etc. on the chance of winning some sort of reward.

Re-rolling rivens is just hoping to improve the stats of something you already own, using an easily farm-able resource.

So this thread title needs to be changed.

Loot boxes are gambling...rivens aren't.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

There is a reason why you are MR 13:

1)Damage means nothing at all during missions, yes you can make 100% damage on normal missions because you have an high damage weapon, go to see Griners over level 150 and you will die. Yes you killed everyone during the missions, WOW! Most people over level 20 has done that mission thousand of times already and they want only the final reward...

2) Melee are powerful but melee with Griners 150+ and you will die (but if you don't have 200.000 iron skin 🙂 ).

3) Rivens are good for hardcore players but most people here want only a riven to make tons of useless damage on the star chart...

4)Removing rivens now would be only a suicidal move by DE throwing away millions of players. I should have to throw away the few decent weapons i have, stop playing the only thing i like now ; survivals, uninstall warframe and then give a try to other games...

Well sorry to burst your bubble but it's not the reason why I'm MR13. real reason is a) as I said before I do a lot of breaks b) I don't rush MR, I take my time to farm up and grow in power, MR really doesn't indicate how actually strong you are.

On your points:

1) Reason why I talked about damage because well... What does rivens give you? Damage. I am fully aware about party compositions, support frames etc in high end game endless missions. How do you know that I will die? You are just assuming what kind of player I am and what my arsenal and mods consist of nor you know what missions I run nor how I prepare for them. Don't put me in category with people who rush MR and die like flies after 15 mins of Mot with similar MR like me

2) And your point is? I should ditch all melee weapons or what? You took my message out of context that you quoted that lead to a point why I told that paragraph. 

3) what it has to do as a reason of me being mr13? But if people going for Rivens for star chart things, well good for them, not my problem and has nothing to do with me. If they want it - let them, let people play however they want.

4) Again, what this point has to do as a reason why I'm MR 13? And I didn't say rivens should be removed, not even a hint of that. This point has nothing to do with me or my previous message, maybe you wanted to say this to other person?

And in general, maybe I'm not MR 26 player with 7k hours of playtime with everything maxed out and played every mission 10 000 times, but I think damage does matter. You are saying it doesn't matter AT ALL, but enemies somehow has to die right? 

4 hours ago, Doughalo2 said:

Why are De praised for removing the plat Kubrow appearance gamble when this is 1000x worse

This is because plat is got through real-world money, while there is no way to buy or trade for Kuva. The only thing you're wasting is your own time (while you also acquire Exp, Focus, Resources, etc.)

The more seriously you take the Riven system, the less fun you're going to have. Chill out, Tenno.

• Like 1

Rivens should be removed for a bunch of reasons, but this is not one of them.

Rivens are not equitable to the Kubrow thing, because while they are both metaphorically slot machines Rivens do not have money involved in the actual handle-pulling.  They would be equitable if we reduced everything to units of time (Time spent working for money or time spent farming and trading for plat CAN be compared to time spent farming Kuva) but I don't think that is actually a useful or meaningful comparison. 

Edited by Vox_Preliator
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Doughalo2 said:

If a lock stat feature is not implemented into Riven mods De are knowingly corrupt and encourage gambling.

Why are De praised for removing the plat Kubrow appearance gamble when this is 1000x worse and applies not only to obtaining rivens but also rolling them. Look at this video for how long it takes to roll ideal stats...

https://youtu.be/NqFSSk0JqFg

This is just childish stupidity. You can a) farm all the kuva you want and roll your own rivens or b) choose to pay another player their asking price for their riven.                                                    If you choose to buy another players riven, that's not gambling, that's a purchase.                                                                                                         I love rivens. In fact, since kuva fortress was released, I play it almost exclusively. I literally have 15-20 rivens that I've rolled over 100 times. I've also sold a few God rolls and bought a few god rolls. All the playing time and PURCHASES were my decision. That's not gambling. Grow up.