Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix PVP By Implementing MOBA Mode

LeftTheMatrix

Just now, Zeclem said:

except i did. if i didnt, show me one place where people actually clearly and as a majority, wants more pvp in this game and has the population size to back it up. 

no you got me worng, before you where tossing a satement that made it sound like you knew it all, with the added reply, like i said, it is now clear you dormed an opinion based on your interpretation of facts (dosn't mean because its yours its wrong)

and on the pvp subject there are still hundreds of players who play pvp daily and most of us get in a few matches every now and then so i don't see this major repulsion towards pvp, it is however true that sometimes people seem to forget Warframe is a pve oriented game and would want major focus on pvp wich is, i think, never going to happen...but on the other hand DE forgot it too when they introduced lunaro then stepped back at the speed of optic fiber connection

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rhuug said:

no you got me worng, before you where tossing a satement that made it sound like you knew it all, with the added reply, like i said, it is now clear you dormed an opinion based on your interpretation of facts (dosn't mean because its yours its wrong)

and on the pvp subject there are still hundreds of players who play pvp daily and most of us get in a few matches every now and then so i don't see this major repulsion towards pvp, it is however true that sometimes people seem to forget Warframe is a pve oriented game and would want major focus on pvp wich is, i think, never going to happen...but on the other hand DE forgot it too when they introduced lunaro then stepped back at the speed of optic fiber connection

where are those hundreds of players whenever i try to que up? are there some peak times or something that you can tell me? i really want some of those conclave skins. 

Well, we did get plenty of topics suggesting that WF copy a popular PvP game to reach success. Community at large didn't think it would really work. So the logical next step is to suggest WF copy a failed PvP game to reach success.

What we really need is a Warframe match 3 mobile game, that will get the hype going. Failing that maybe an MMO? Call it World of Warframe.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I hate to say it, but as intriguing as it may be to even me, pvp and warframe don't really go so well together.  Lets just think about the pvp modes we have now how much work was put into them and how much people play it.  Lets just settle and say warframe is a PVE game, lets not waste DE time with something that will be cool for a week and die down after everyone has had their fill for that spur of the moment.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

Paragone now...  ;( i used to play that game with my childhood friend.

I want everyone to look up paragon footage, 2017 not 2016 and see how it it looked and how it played. Imagine that but with our favorite warframes instead. I doubt anyone even looked up Paragon to see what it was about. 

57 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

where are those hundreds of players whenever i try to que up? are there some peak times or something that you can tell me? i really want some of those conclave skins. 

i asked around in my old clan ( it has 300/400 players ), around 40 of those claim to be playing pvp daily and more have claimed to be playing pvp more sporadicly 

i'll do more digging to see if i can gather numbers elsewhere, meanwhile this should teach me to apply my damn opinions to myself...

edit: it's now skewing towards 50

Edited by rhuug
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LeftTheMatrix said:

I want everyone to look up paragon footage, 2017 not 2016 and see how it it looked and how it played. Imagine that but with our favorite warframes instead. I doubt anyone even looked up Paragon to see what it was about. 

But... even paragon failed so it's not much of an argumentative point there mate.

Sure its definite end was because of corporate dispute but even mid-development, paragon pretty much died from balancing issues and loss of identity. DE struggles so badly in balancing pve content alone and caving in to trend just exacerbates the loss of identity issue to the limelight should they pursue such path.

They have a solid target audience as is, and if recent gaming industry pattern have taught anyone anything, it's that trying to please everyone will just leave you confused without a clear sens of direction or goal. PVP iterations have been done multiple times in WF and none of them ever caught any traction; i.e. wasted effort and assets. Trying to pursue them more while looking like they're chasing trend is a surefire way to lose a lot of goodwill sadly.

Edited by Tsardova

Yes! Though it was sometimes laggy or buggy af, when it worked, Solar rails was the most fun ive had in this game. 

Though they should look at Destiny 2’s pvevp hybrid mode called Gambit and take some ideas from that since even most of the pure pve players unexpectedly liked it. Personally i like that even pve builds work well in it.  

Edited by AlphaPsyCongaroo
added youtube link

23 hours ago, rhuug said:

and on the pvp subject there are still hundreds of players who play pvp daily

In a game of over 32 million players, a few hundred players are so insignificant they don't even deserve to be looked at. Who do you think DE will make more money off of? The 400 players who want PvP, or the 31.999.600 players who want more PvE content and don't give a crap about PvP?

Seriously though, hundreds might be a big number of people to meet in real life, they're a speck of dust on the internet. You could have pulled a few more million players out of your arse to make your argument sound more compelling, instead you just shot it in the face XD

Warframe is a PvE game with "Conclave PvP minigames" (same like Wyrm minigame, Happy Zephyr minigame or Fighting thingie minigame). You cannot make it a PvP game because of lack of balance between frames, no matter what you do.

Edited by Sanxxieh

On 2019-01-11 at 10:06 AM, LeftTheMatrix said:

There would need to be a standalone map that is for the MOBA. 3 lanes, towers, and minions. Grineer/Corpus for lane minions and maybe Infested for the jungle. However, each frame would need to be considered before throwing them into this mode. I can see some frames even being completely excluded from this mode like Mag for her insane CC abilities that would most likely just destroy any aspect to a MOBA.

First off, I just posted the same idea, but looks like the community hates the idea. I think this would the only way I'd play a MOBA

Now to your quote.
My idea would create lanes from existing tile sets. No frames would be excluded since the MOBA leveling mechanic will be altered to include the Dragon Keys. Everyone started with all the Dragon Keys equipped. As you level, you choose which key to dissolve. And since we're talking about Conclave, overpower frames wouldn't be a problem. Mods don't carry over. Towers would be mini bosses to add another level of play, and the final tower would be a boss.

On 2019-01-11 at 12:38 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Fix your mindset by implementing the thought that Warframe doesn't need to cheaply copy anything from other games, and the other games LITERALLY exist for you to play them if you like PvP and their modes.

God damnit!

But DE cheaply copied Flappy Bird, Street Fighter and Tony Hawk and no one complained about it. Why not copy League of Legends too. Why stop there. We should copy Mario Cart with K-drives (that's Snowboard Kids if you never had a N64)