Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New melee weapon idea

Northern_Outlaw

Can we just toss out ideas?

I would like a Bayonet type of weapon.
As in, when you're using this weapon as a primary/secondary and tap quick melee, instead of popping out your melee weapon, you perform it with the Bayonet weapon.

Maybe this could be more of a feature, but I'd like a few weapons to get this treatment as well as become a category of its own.

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎13 at 4:38 AM, Heidelgard said:

Here's one more: lance + shield

The attack types are like thrusts, hop and thrust, charge forward with a charged melee attack and a shield bash.

That is so monster hunter, I kinda love it lol

Gimme a Great shield type weapon. 100% damage reduction on block, slow speed curve, shield bash on charge attack with an auto-knockdown. Let me be Captain America!

12 hours ago, (PS4)CaitaZatomi said:

That is so monster hunter, I kinda love it lol

Gimme a Great shield type weapon. 100% damage reduction on block, slow speed curve, shield bash on charge attack with an auto-knockdown. Let me be Captain America!

Yea man!!  I've actually took this idea from Monster Hunter, Skyforge and Tera   😄

This is also the second time that I post this idea, cuz I think shields are underrated.

I can understand that if you use a medium size shield, you will simply have a damage reduction on block, but if you wanna focus on defense, you can have a great shield that also gives you a % chance to perfectly deflect incoming hits. And as a down side, you can give it slow attack speed and low status chance.

I also wonder how a great shield should look like, a tech one made of energy or a classic metal one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heidelgard said:

I also wonder how a great shield should look like, a tech one made of energy or a classic metal one.

I figure it would be just a base shield as a concept, but if it caught on and we got more of them, a tech shield for Corpus, big and metally for Grineer, and nasty tissue and sinew for Infested style.

Though a cool idea for a sentient style G. Shield would be to have it gain stacking damage resist throughout the mission each time you block an attack of a certain type. Then, if we're getting crazy, either discharge the stacked up damage in a radius as a status proc or consume it to heal health. Not viable for super high level endless runs, but pretty cool for defense and junk. I'd run it.

• Like 1

Dejavu? Could swear i saw this kind of topic before. Except for the Bajonet idea, i like it.

Having more different Wrist Weapons/Claws would also be nice.

Since they surely dont read this anyways what i write but there is still a chance they do (and an even more small chance they actually implent it...):

Wrist Launcher:

Spearhead or maybe even an Micro Rocket Wristlauncher that is both, having a Wristblade but can also be used to fire some Micro Rockets, Spearheads, Poison darts or whatever else DE might feel like adding to this category of weapons. (Category: Claws. So you can use the Claw stance and maybe even add a new stance while releasing this new weapon type)

Infested Claws:

I like using the Venka Prime for Nidus, but the weapon looks to.... clean, for Nidus. Infested Claw weapons is what is missing here. Maybe with the special build in/inherent lifesteal if used/connected to Nidus as a nice feature?

• Like 1

On 2019-01-13 at 12:11 AM, Shaburanigud said:

Can we just toss out ideas?

I would like a Bayonet type of weapon.
As in, when you're using this weapon as a primary/secondary and tap quick melee, instead of popping out your melee weapon, you perform it with the Bayonet weapon.

Maybe this could be more of a feature, but I'd like a few weapons to get this treatment as well as become a category of its own.

GEAR SLOTS - essentially used in other games to equip new ammunitions, flashlights, and toolkits, pseudomods, and things like sparklersboiboiuuuuuuuuu, remember also that it can workout by usign the gear-wheel, and not just onece but twice, say, maybe we used the crouching mode, and that you were run-out of ammo, the bayonetta should be attached or bought first, a fancy laser version, or flamethrower, propane version, pyrotechnicallay speaking we got another way to have the blade come out spring loaded, yall run out of bullets, then u dont have to switch to your hammer, but you could probably have one mod junctioned with a melee property.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-16 at 5:29 AM, Heidelgard said:

Yea man!!  I've actually took this idea from Monster Hunter, Skyforge and Tera   😄

This is also the second time that I post this idea, cuz I think shields are underrated.

I can understand that if you use a medium size shield, you will simply have a damage reduction on block, but if you wanna focus on defense, you can have a great shield that also gives you a % chance to perfectly deflect incoming hits. And as a down side, you can give it slow attack speed and low status chance.

i would like more enemeis to use shields in the game, and at last the we shield users can probably carry a small bucko with the secondary weapons and while being downed or knocked, some other ideas come to mind, dual wield shields, just skiddding, about changes to crouch technology and like monster hunter philes to power up the shield and weapon, or some metters to fil lup, allowing the conversion of damage or bullets into something interesting like the energy mod its okay, but we need some improvements to the stances, bwhahaha power!

• Like 1

I want [insert dynasty warrior weapon] into warframe. Seriously, that series have made so many different type of weapons now. Anything from their list is okay with me. But shield as a weapon would be nice. Different stance can alter it like having one stance turn it into a throwing melee a la captain america. Or a stance that swings the shield as a flat club/blunt object. Or maybe even one that lets you rush forward and bash enemies knocking them back.