The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract

spyroxion

I honestly first learned the value of Nitain from warframe memes, lol. I had no use for them in the beginning, but I collected them anyway from alerts whenever they popped up as I realized I didn't get that stuff from anywhere else and would likely need it at some point. And yep they are indeed needed for a lot of frames and weapons when you start building things, especially when you get into Dojo research. Even if I had a good amount to start off with, they were all spent quickly. Just gotta be lucky with the drops and not get too hung up on the things that require it. It's unfortunate that resource boosters don't affect it, which I think it should. 

As someone else mentioned I'm surprised you have reached MR13 without realizing this sooner 😄 As with many things in WF it's just something you figure out in time, unless you're guided by someone.

I am however kind of in the same boat with Tellurium though, which I didn't take seriously at the beginning as very few things required it at that time. It can be farmed but is a rare drop and generally a pain of boredom. Mostly you'll only need 1-5 for things that require it, but in some cases you'll need 20-30 which just feels insane. 

1 hour ago, spyroxion said:

You know, I wish I could try my best, but if alert doesn't pop up after my working hours what can I do? Like that's the point - you can't really do much about if you're playing healthy gaming hours (admit it, playing more than 3 hours every day is a bit unhealthy), there is no way to farm, to buy or anything. besides caches from void sabotage but even that is like what? 1% or something? 

I also work about 8 to 10 hours daily... it's ok if you just play a few hours a day and ignore all chats but then dont come to the forums and cry that you cant build a frame that requires a lot of time investment!

10 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

You can also let your wife\girlfriend or perhaps your best friend play a few Nitain alerts for you, when you are at work, if they have access to it.

Don't have wife or girlfriend. Wouldn't trust to even best friend. When you start trusting people then you see forum posts like "my account got hacked". I play mmo games for over 11 years and I never got  "hacked" for a reason.

9 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

I also work about 8 to 10 hours daily... it's ok if you just play a few hours a day and ignore all chats but then dont come to the forums and cry that you cant build a frame that requires a lot of time investment!

Well there are plenty of other ways to know about alerts. When I'm in game I'm always in missions and no way I can read region chat. You also get alerts with drops during missions and you can always check alerts at Navigation while on so not reading chat doesn't make me at fault of not owning nitains.

Also I came here to ask if there isn't any other way to get them besides what I was able to research and I got my answer, I didn't come to cry. And I got my answers.

2 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Don't have wife or girlfriend. Wouldn't trust to even best friend. When you start trusting people then you see forum posts like "my account got hacked". I play mmo games for over 11 years and I never got  "hacked" for a reason.

Very true. :-/

2 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Also I came here to ask if there isn't any other way to get them besides what I was able to research and I got my answer, I didn't come to cry. And I got my answers.

I looked it up, Ghoul bounties have a 6% chance to drop Nitain, so it's farmable, kinda.

Would still suggest the normal way to farm it though.

5 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Where can you get it for plat?

Link the resource you need in chat and you should be able to buy it directly from the link but I strongly suggest you be patient and farm them instead, I know it sucks and Saryn is a awesome frame but it's not worth wasting money on something you can get for free

• Like 1

Honestly, they are easy to get. at the very least they do not expire like argon...

I have a stock pile of like 20-30 of them, so I stooped paying attention, however 

https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts

pay attention to that and its not too hard. you can set up alarts and stuff for yourself when one pops up. I use to use it for the now arcane helmets and junk.

4 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Vauban prime was made that way to reflect its non prime variant that can only be acquired from randoms alerts.

No, that's why ALL of Vauban P's BP's were flagged as RARE drops, which has absolutely nothing to do with resource requirements.

On topic, 2 - 4 Nitain for an item is not too bad, that's a couple of days waiting for alerts to pop up and you get 4 in total each day. I agree it can be a pain to have to wait for the alert to show, but it could be worse.

When you want to grab something like Vauban P? Yeah, that can be really tedious.

Edited by MirageKnight

11 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Well hello there.

So I've finally bought my Saryn Prime set and I've faced huge problem - Nitan Extracts (never really paid too much attention to them as I've needed them only couple of times and like 1 or 2). As far as I know only ways to get them is: 1) alerts 2) ghoul invasion 3) couple of sabotage missions by finding all 3 caches and maybe you will get with very little %.

Now I am a working person, I always play 2-3 hrs a day (sometimes I skip a day if really tired) always at the same time (work schedule) and now, it's been 2 or 3 days when I had no alerts with nitains 2) ghoul invasion when? 3) considering the fact I have no clue where caches spawn and low %, is it even worth farming in sabotage caches?

So how in the hell am I supposed to get them? Depending on alerts it might take 2++ weeks to get needed nitains (depending on how many days I get at least 1 alert), then 12 hrs to craft individual pieces and then 3 days to craft a frame it self. So we're looking here for over half a month of time period of crafting frame when I already have all the parts? with possibility of taking it up to MONTHS of gathering if my luck just sucks big time with alerts since I can't play during the day time at work. Also you can't buy them for plat either...

Lol I did the same thing when i was new and bought saryn prime from a player because I thought she looked so cool. It was a pain. 😞

your best bet as people have mentioned is to use one of those phone apps to get alerts for nitain.

the sad part is after a while you get more than you'll ever need but you cant trade them. 😕