The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk's Desert Wind stats are just a copy* of Valkyr's Talons

_GoodLuck_

57 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

:facepalm:

As was stated before. His first 3 abilities represent the pacifist. His 4 is this hidden power he’s reluctant to use due to its overwhelming power. The problem is the fact that his 4 does so little damage really makes you question why there’s a restraint meter on the ability to begin with. The way it is now. Serene Storm should not be locked behind the restraint meter. If  DE wants to keep it behind the meter then they need to buff the hell out of it to justify the restrictions.

But you dont know how much damage it can do since you have yet to play him! I have yet to play him, however I am keeping an open mind and waiting to test his 4 myself before I come to a full conclusion. You cannot base how much you think he may or may not need a buff off of other peoples videos because there are so many variables you cannot account for!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

But you dont know how much damage it can do since you have yet to play him! I have yet to play him, however I am keeping an open mind and waiting to test his 4 myself before I come to a full conclusion. You cannot base how much you think he may or may not need a buff off of other peoples videos because there are so many variables you cannot account for!

You know increasing sample size reduces the impact of variables, right? So that’s why you watch all of the videos. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Ive got a 75% off coupon for his release tomorrow, I cant wait to play him because as an atlas lover, I enjoy punchy frames 😄

I find his forward combo the most fun just because of the Fus-Ro-Da attached to his sparta kick. I wouldn't exactly classify him as a "punch frame" and more or less say he behaves like an airbender frame. 

This guy literally has a sick Aborigine Trap Remix beat to his ult and it's awesome! He might not exactly be a Valkyr or Excalibur, but he FEELS so strong to use just because of the rad push back, the screen shaking, and the bass-ridden Tibetan throat thing he does at every 3rd punch.

It's just so satisfying to use and that's what really counts, right? If you're having fun?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You know increasing sample size reduces the impact of variables, right? So that’s why you watch all of the videos. 

This doesn't make any shred of sense. It also doesn't change the fact that you can't possibly know what you're talking about. We are all dumber for reading about you trying to justify not playing a frame and giving critic. What does sample size have to do with watching videos? Or variables? Everything you said was purely hypothetical at best.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

One variable people forget about is the fact that Serene Storm IPS is 100% impact. They get caught up in the fact it's impact only in regards to the negatives of impact type dmg, but not the positive. 

Serene Storm is capable of the largest initial damage out of all exalted melee for the simple reason that it's always going to be benefiting more from and use mods like Primed Heavy Trauma and Collision Force far more efficiently.

You can also fix the lack of ability to strip armor with Shattering Impact instead. There's a reason it came with the D polarity ...

Edited by Xaxma

7 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

I find his forward combo the most fun just because of the Fus-Ro-Da attached to his sparta kick. I wouldn't exactly classify him as a "punch frame" and more or less say he behaves like an airbender frame. 

This guy literally has a sick Aborigine Trap Remix beat to his ult and it's awesome! He might not exactly be a Valkyr or Excalibur, but he FEELS so strong to use just because of the rad push back, the screen shaking, and the bass-ridden Tibetan throat thing he does at every 3rd punch.

It's just so satisfying to use and that's what really counts, right? If you're having fun?

Yes, having fun is key as long as the thing can deal with content you would engage with....on a regular basis.  Which is currently happening.  

His sounds are pretty cool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robbybe01234 said:

Yes, having fun is key as long as the thing can deal with content you would engage with....on a regular basis.  Which is currently happening.  

His sounds are pretty cool. 

I don't have a problem clearing content with him. 

Building for Range and decent other stats makes him very viable. His 2 is pretty much a mini Nova 4 and his 3 is a Loki 4 but 1 by 1 instead. 

He's just a very balanced frame that brings a lot of CC and does so in a cool way. 

24 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

One variable people forget about is the fact that Serene Storm IPS is 100% impact. They get caught up in the fact it's impact only in regards to the negatives of impact type dmg, but not the positive. 

Serene Storm is capable of the largest initial damage out of all exalted melee for the simple reason that it's always going to be benefiting more from and use mods like Primed Heavy Trauma and Collision Force far more efficiently.

You can also fix the lack of ability to strip armor with Shattering Impact instead. There's a reason it came with the D polarity ...

Garuda has proved that no matter how high the damage is. If it’s Impact, it’s going to do next to nothing to armored enemies. Especially at levels above 100.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

26 minutes ago, Dr.Wuzzah said:

This doesn't make any shred of sense. It also doesn't change the fact that you can't possibly know what you're talking about. We are all dumber for reading about you trying to justify not playing a frame and giving critic. What does sample size have to do with watching videos? Or variables? Everything you said was purely hypothetical at best.

Because then you see the wide range of performances then calculate the average performance of Serene Storm. Which is below all other exalted melee.

53 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

So I just went to the Simulacrum and tried this out. 

It doesn't really matter against trash mobs because they won't live long enough to lose their armor, and heavies--which are the units you actually need to strip armor off of to fight--take way too many hits for Shattering Impact to be useful against them. Serene Storm just doesn't have the attack speed to make this mod feasible against heavies. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

If you actually played Baruuk (which you didn't) you'd know that direct hits are quite strong.

They are, but you can only hit them once, because every hit has one form of ragdoll or another. Even the pull combo ragdolls enemies behind you. Like they're powerful and all, but you're not going to be able to reliably hit enemies with direct hits when the shockwaves constantly throw enemies all over the place. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Actually, Wukongs staff is better because it can reliably use the combo multiplier.

And an exalted weapon should not only be effective when using finishers.

This is hilarious. You are trying to convice us that wukong, the universally worst frame in existance right now, is better then baruuk because wukong can use a combo multiplier, which lasts merely 5 secobds (3 + 2 from his passive) when his ult is notirious for having extrenely low damage and not enough range to benefit from its combo multiplier anyway

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

This is hilarious. You are trying to convice us that wukong, the universally worst frame in existance right now, is better then baruuk because wukong can use a combo multiplier, which lasts merely 5 secobds (3 + 2 from his passive) when his ult is notirious for having extrenely low damage and not enough range to benefit from its combo multiplier anyway

Lol.

Guys... I dont want you to stop arguing but here are a few benefits of his 4:

1. Range (no falloff)

2. Area effect (almost the entire screen... and not like Excal)#

3. 40% damage reduction with his restraint

So there is also that btw. Excal is better in killing single things or grouped up enemies while baruuk can kill anything he sees on the screen and is a lot more durable than excal.

But if you want to buff him: no problem!

But I would say that his only REAL problem is his appearance...

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because then you see the wide range of performances then calculate the average performance of Serene Storm. Which is below all other exalted melee.

Well like ... That's just your opinion, man. It's below your exalted melee, not mine. 

22 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Guys... I dont want you to stop arguing but here are a few benefits of his 4:

1. Range (no falloff)

2. Area effect (almost the entire screen... and not like Excal)#

3. 40% damage reduction with his restraint

So there is also that btw. Excal is better in killing single things or grouped up enemies while baruuk can kill anything he sees on the screen and is a lot more durable than excal.

But if you want to buff him: no problem!

But I would say that his only REAL problem is his appearance...

Let's also not forget he doesn't use energy on his 4, which means it's the only exalted melee you can use Zenurik and other energy recharge abilities when you're not using 1.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I was wondering if you’d show up since we mentioned wukong. Its like your bat(monkey(?)) signal

Every frame seems to have a representative. For all the 'tards on the forums who are vocal morons and don't see the big picture, they fail to realize the potential some of these "under powered" frames have.

Except Vauban. He sucks. But that's besides the thread. 

Edited by Xaxma

45 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But you don’t use Serene Storm for its direct hits. Just like you don’t use Exalted blade for the blade itself. You use them for the projectiles.

Your rebuttal is you don't use Serene Storm for direct hits? Seriously, lol? More like you don't. I would prefer to use all of the features of my weapon, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

They are, but you can only hit them once, because every hit has one form of ragdoll or another. Even the pull combo ragdolls enemies behind you. Like they're powerful and all, but you're not going to be able to reliably hit enemies with direct hits when the shockwaves constantly throw enemies all over the place. 

That is true. I've found that lock on camera to melee attacks partially solves the issue. Slide attacks also seem to insta-kill on a direct hit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Your rebuttal is you don't use Serene Storm for direct hits? Seriously, lol? More like you don't. I would prefer to use all of the features of my weapon, thank you very much.

Don't use Elude then. You wouldn't want to waste that sweet, sweet auto-block and 80% frontal DR. 😉

• Like 2

On 2019-01-27 at 1:07 PM, _GoodLuck_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm surprised.

Any changes? Desert Wind has terrible Status Chance. Unplayable against armored enemies, because Critical Damage is useless without Status Chance

Um it very powerful against armor if you run a full (6 mods) gladiator set and corrosive dmg. Doesn't need status. Can wreck anything.

• Like 2