Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Profit Taker Phase 1 single player?

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

Cos I got wrecked :blush:

The second stage. Taking over the base. Wow. I got seriously overwhelmed. The big spiders. The turrets. The bursas. Air support joined in too. No apparent way to decrease the alert level. Deal with it! I ran out of revives. I failed. I FAILED!!! Failure doesn't happen in Warframe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was Mesa. Her 95% damage reduction Shatter Shield didn't really seem to have much effect. Too much going on for her Peacemakers to deal with. It wouldn't be a problem with a squad but am I forced to do this on my own?

I thought I was strong until now. And I was kinda hoping for a forum full of threads like this. People struggling like me. But no. Either no one's played it or everyone's walking through it like the average piece of Warframe content.

I did only try the once but I was left feeling like "How the hell am I gonna get through this?". There was Sortie to do,Acolytes to farm and Eidolons to kill so I thought I'd just go do something that doesn't make me feel like a noob instead. But I gotta return to this and get through it. Do I have to do it on my own? Any tips for dealing with the clusterfudge (apart from Limbo. I'm assuming he's quite good here but I still don't understand that dude)?

And please don't mock my ineffectiveness here. I'm feeling sensitive this morning after last night's humiliation.:blush:

15 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I was Mesa. Her 95% damage reduction Shatter Shield didn't really seem to have much effect.

I had no problems. All 3 targets inside were done under 1 second and the Bursas were down almost as fast. I ran this mission 300 times for the Atmo Systems before the chang and solo'd it under 2 minutes. It has to be you or your build.

am I forced to do this on my own?

No, all phases can be done in multiplayer. But you need to be in a sqaud before accepting the Mission at Eudico afaik

I did only try the once but I was left feeling like "How the hell am I gonna get through this?"

Report back after Stage 3 and 4...now I am curious what your reaction will be 😄 

I did only try the once but I was left feeling like "How the hell am I gonna get through this?". There was Sortie to do,Acolytes to farm and Eidolons to kill so I thought I'd just go do something that doesn't make me feel like a noob instead.

If you think Sorties, Acolytes or Eidolons are difficult you really need to either change your builds/arsenal or your playstyle. Acolytes are usually down in seconds, Sorties are just normal missions. Eidolons can be tricky for beginners but with experience (50+) these also are pushovers

11 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Any tips for dealing with the clusterfudge (apart from Limbo. I'm assuming he's quite good here but I still don't understand that dude)?

Limbo stands no chance. You have to kill the targets and enemies which will wreck him...also there are too many Nullifier who drag you out of the Rift

12 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

And please don't mock my ineffectiveness here

I don't intend to mock anyone. I'm trying to help with fact

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

All 3 targets inside were done under 1 second

Pardon?

After you catch the fish (Phase 1 stage 1) you have to take over a base (Phase 1 stage 2). You shoot dudes, they drop key, you put key in thing, timer starts and you have to defend the thing you put key in.

Alert level starts at 2. Increases to level 4 as mission goes on with seemingly no way of reducing it (can't see any of them beacon things they drop that causes the alert). It hits level 4 and all hell breaks loose.

3 targets? There's millions of them!!

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

3 targets? There's millions of them!!

Yeah my bad...was distracted by

17 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

The second stage.

But yeah you still can solo this.

For your issues. Mesa is actually a really good and easy pick.

Maybe it is your build.

mesaa.jpg

mesa.pistol.jpg

These are the one I used.

Always keep your 3 active and use your 4 in burst while controlling/evading the enemies. Never stand still for more than 2 seconds

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Hey dude! Learn to frikkin' read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did...and those make you feel like a noob. Your wording, not mine. But these are not even endgame. It's mid to lategame...

I don't pamper people. I confront them with hard facts. I'm trying to help but don't except me to be over sensivite. I let my Clan run full force into danger to teach them a lesson and it worked all the time

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

You said more than once that you were forced to do it alone???   I dont understand.   Im on ps4.  I was NOT in a group before excepting these new bounties but as I entered the elevator and rode to the top I was joined by others no problem.  Phase 1-3 are all pretty fun and sweet.  Phase 4 is the nightmare that just makes me question why the hell I spend my time playing warframe.  

I plan on TRYING to solo phase 1-3 cuz im sick of joining late to a squad and missing out on objectives, even though they do not apparently count for rewards?? Only the last segment??

My adivce is to make sure you have your matchmaking set to public lol.   It doesnt sound like it is...   

6 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Phase 4 is the nightmare that just makes me question why the hell I spend my time playing warframe.  

Haha yeah...sometimes this games mocks me...usually it takes me 5-7 minutes solo if the game doesn't want to troll me like this:
(it's german but you'll see what I mean)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

You said more than once that you were forced to do it alone???   I dont understand.   Im on ps4.  I was NOT in a group before excepting these new bounties but as I entered the elevator and rode to the top I was joined by others no problem.  Phase 1-3 are all pretty fun and sweet.  Phase 4 is the nightmare that just makes me question why the hell I spend my time playing warframe.  

I plan on TRYING to solo phase 1-3 cuz im sick of joining late to a squad and missing out on objectives, even though they do not apparently count for rewards?? Only the last segment??

My adivce is to make sure you have your matchmaking set to public lol.   It doesnt sound like it is...   

Thanks for answering question. It's good to know I should get a group. Pretty sure I was set to public.

I assume there's no rewards per stage cos it didn't flash up anything after completing first one.

The first time I completed Stage 1 was solo because my efforts with public groups were a complete connectivity mess (first day of the update). I just used Frost with his bubble and a normal, "solid" build with some of the best guns I have.

You can, and should, try a public group.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Thanks for answering question. It's good to know I should get a group. Pretty sure I was set to public.

I assume there's no rewards per stage cos it didn't flash up anything after completing first one.

There are no individual rewards within Stage 1 after completing the cave for example. Just one reward at the very end, which is drawn from the identical pool of all four stages.

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

That is not correct as I was told myself. Phase 3 has Sabot Rounds which is not a reward for 1, 2 or 4

Yeah, you are right. The drop tables are very similar but not identical. We do have the different toroids drops in the various stages, too.

In my mind they all seem "identical" because one of the main reasons to run these missions are Atmo, Repeller etc. systems.

It's because of the fishing part that I thought it was probably meant to be soloed. But the sheer amount and type of enemies had me questioning that.

I want to, and will, try a public group.

Fishing can be done in a group. You just don't see the servo-fish other players see, so everyone throws their spears individually at their own targets, but the total of fish is the one caught be the group. It's often the case, when you join a public group kind of late, to see other players already in the cave having advanced through the early fishing stages.

Btw you can hop  into archwing and kill the  pylons on the underside of the mushrooms. I created a topic in the bugforum about it. 

Not sure if its  possible solo if you eat the whole time rockets.

OP:

Never stop running if youre inside the base. The moment you stand still you start to eat a lot more damage. Mesa excels at being a mobile turret but she wants to have open shooting field and not move much. She wants enemies coming to her. 

Edited by Fiewel

5 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Phase 1-3 are all pretty fun and sweet.  Phase 4 is the nightmare that just makes me question why the hell I spend my time playing warframe.  

The only thing that made  phase 1-3 a bit hectic when solo was the newness of not really knowing what was going on seeing it for the first time.  I was playing chroma with a status tigris prime and breezed through the combat.  Parts of it I was wishing for Nova and a good MPrime but what ever.

In running phase 4 about 6 times on public it was very obvious that you either got a good squad or a bad squad.  In the good ones I could have literally stood there and done nothing and it was over in under 5 minutes.  The worst squad struggled a fair amount and I was out of revives when we finally finished it off.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

just make sure you're moving around and finding those Beacon posts if you don't want more trouble to deal with.
and if you feel like Enemies are able to deal too much Damage to you, put on some EHP Mods. don't let the generally terrible Mod Loadout suggestions that people circlejerk around on Youtube/Twitch trick you into making bad decisions for your rarely comparable Gameplay scenarios.

don't forget that Mesa has a free CC Ability... Shooting Gallery is one of the stronger CC Abilities in the game. if Peacemaker isn't cutting it, add a Rate of Fire Mod and you can deal with high numbers of Targets more easily.