Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Ward to allow cycling of elements

LokiTheCondom

Given that we have at least three frames that could "cycle" through their abilities (Ivara, Equinox, Vauban), what are your thoughts on Chroma being able to do the same through Elemental Ward? I don't speak for everyone on this bit, but I'm aware that Cold and Heat Chroma are favored more than Toxin and Electricity Chroma, but given the choice would you like to tap into different Elemental Wards within the same mission? The ability flow could go like this:

1. Default element is Heat upon entering mission.
  2. Cycle through element choices via Elemental Ward.
  3. Activate Elemental Ward to apply chosen element (Eg: Electricity is chosen)
  4. Chroma's skillsets are now Electricity-based
  5. If Effigy is active prior to activation of Elemental Ward, it will retain its current element until reactivated.

That's the gist of it. With Spectral Scream being a crapsack of an ability that should've been a projectile (looking at you, Afterburn), it could be neat change in providing versatility to Chroma, and better fashionframe customization too since energy color doesn't affect his abilities anymore (black fire Chroma when?).

Like it? Nay? Discuss.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

It would also mean no hinderance from ice levels and poison immunity in infested missions.

This won't happen. Elemental resistances/immunities are not on the table for Chroma or any other elemental frame.

A surprisingly good suggestion, rare to find these days honestly. 

It does lose a little bit of his identity with the way it currently is adding a bit more flavor and different-esque frame for each element, in a way. But I think the change would gain more than it would lose, for the large majority of the Chroma playerbase.

I don't think it'll happen though. This is a big enough change where I could kinda only see them doing it around when he was primed, unless they give him a true rework.

Edited by Azlen

4 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I think it should be reactive. Get hit by fire damage, become fire damage, resist fire damage.

It would also mean no hinderance from ice levels and poison immunity in infested missions.

That seems very situational and could be troublesome especially you need to use that one particular element. 

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This won't happen. Elemental resistances/immunities are not on the table for Chroma or any other elemental frame.

......A D A P T A T I O N

3 hours ago, Azlen said:

A surprisingly good suggestion, rare to find these days honestly. 

It does lose a little bit of his identity with the way it currently is adding a bit more flavor and different-esque frame for each element, in a way. But I think the change would gain more than it would lose, for the large majority of the Chroma playerbase.

I don't think it'll happen though. This is a big enough change where I could kinda only see them doing it around when he was primed, unless they give him a true rework.

Well, it happened with Vauban. If anything, I can only imagine this ever happening in another 3 years or so, heh. Fingers crossed.

Edited by LokiTheCondom

Personally I think they should combine Vex and Elemental Ward, allow cycling then give Chroma a new ability and passive.

Of course making his 1st and 4th not trash would be nice also. Esp the 1/2 armor for using Effigy. It will never be good with that.

Tbh i don't really like the cycling for Chroma, but i wouldn't be against it if it doesn't impact his playstyle. They definitely should move away from that energy colour thing, since it ruins my fashion nearly every time. 

I had posted a while back a conservative rework proposal which really changed only the passive and only tweaked slightly the other skills. 

It went sort of as follows:

Passive - Dragonfear - enemies close to Chroma have an accuracy penalty / slow debuff the closer they are to Chroma

Spectral Scream - now scales off mods (secondary maybe?), is affected by Vex Armour buff, and has a decent status chance. 

Elemental Ward - some number tweaking would be in order, mostly while EW is active you get reflexive procs on damaged (as in each enemy that damages you has a x% chance of getting proced your chosen element) and a very low life leech (think 0.5%) on enemies proced with that element. 

Vex Armour - non recastable anymore, OR can be recast but it resets bonuses. That killed the frame, just like Blessing changes did to Trinity gameplay. 

Effigy - the breath gets the spectral scream treatment, armour penalty becomes additive instead of multiplicative, speed bonus applies to all animations, and Vex and EW auras are applied, if active, to all allies within x m of effigy.

Edited by Autongnosis