Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe it's time we dropped the daily standing caps

captainHalide

On 2019-02-01 at 2:08 PM, WhiteMarker said:

I mean we all were low level at one point in time. It was fair for us back then.
So why is it now unfair for the low levels? If they want a higher cap, they can just rank up their mastery. This system give a meaning to mastery. And if someone doesn't want to rank up mastery, or if they are too lazy, then they have to deal with what they got. It's that simple.

Dude i've been playing for 4+ Years, i know, but warframe was VERY different when i started, orginally if you were to ask me 3 months ago i would agree with you, but i recently tried to create a new account on the switch and found out it is much harder to rank up for new players these days. Junctions take forever,(It used to be you just killed a boss and got a nav segment ), and early on you wont have access to good leveling spots. What also doesn't help is how 90% of the better weapons were moved up to higher mrs. Trust me new players need to be A LOT more dedicated than us veterans to get far in this game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

but i recently tried to create a new account on the switch and found out it is much harder to rank up for new players these days. Junctions take forever,(It used to be you just killed a boss and got a nav segment ), and early on you wont have access to good leveling spots. What also doesn't help is how 90% of the better weapons were moved up to higher mrs. Trust me new players need to be A LOT more dedicated than us veterans to get far in this game

Absolutely not!

I created a new account last Autumn as well and I was able to complete the Sacrifice in about 20 hours from Scratch. Played all missions solo except the last 4 Mot missions which are indeed very hard...but are also not meant to be tackled by a non-potatoed Excal...

You just need to know what you do. There are also so many tips and guides out there. Google "best leveling spot warframe" and the first hit is from April 2017 "Akkad, Stöfler, Hydron, Bere" which is still is pretty accurate. You just need to understand how Warframe (or Affinity in this case) works. You can ignore these steps and play casually but then you cannot come to public places and complain

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Absolutely not!

I created a new account last Autumn as well and I was able to complete the Sacrifice in about 20 hours from Scratch. Played all missions solo except the last 4 Mot missions which are indeed very hard...but are also not meant to be tackled by a non-potatoed Excal...

You just need to know what you do. There are also so many tips and guides out there. Google "best leveling spot warframe" and the first hit is from April 2017 "Akkad, Stöfler, Hydron, Bere" which is still is pretty accurate. You just need to understand how Warframe (or Affinity in this case) works. You can ignore these steps and play casually but then you cannot come to public places and complain

Thats fair maybe i just have a short attention span lol

Why not let the "no-lifers" grind as much as they want? Why not let people enjoy the video game at their own pace? If they give criticism for there being nothing to do after reaching max standing, maybe take the criticism seriously. After all, daily limits don't neutralize those complaints - just push them back until people finally max out the standing.

If Warframe has to rely on slowing down player progress with daily limits in order to keep player retention, maybe there's something that needs changing. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God

Just now, (XB1)Erudite God said:

none of the Syndicate rewards are purchasable through Platinum anyway, so it would barely affect DE's business in the slightest.

So let's say we remove the cap...I run 1 hour random ESO and can buy 4 Mods. Make this clan/friends only and 4 hours...maybe 20 Mods per day. I could wash so many Mods into the Trade Chat and I wouldn't be the only person...the prices would drop to 1 or 2 plat per Syndicate mod or 10p for each weapon. We need less plat, we buy less plat

9 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

So let's say we remove the cap...I run 1 hour random ESO and can buy 4 Mods. Make this clan/friends only and 4 hours...maybe 20 Mods per day. I could wash so many Mods into the Trade Chat and I wouldn't be the only person...the prices would drop to 1 or 2 plat per Syndicate mod or 10p for each weapon. We need less plat, we buy less plat

good

If the problem is the people who cant play everyday, do what others games do to help the more "casual" people. 

What if you can "stack" the unused reputation or at least a part of it? 

1 - You can Farm (MR+1)k of reputation per day (like it is right now) + an acumulative of "unused" reputation if you didnt used it in the past days(you can tweek the number)
2 - Adding a +# on the reputation you can get per day you have been offline (also acumulative to a certain point and make a restriction of a full server day or 24hs since last login)

That "acumulative" part is what can help the casual player without buffing the grinder and in the acumulative quantity you can tweek to not disrupt neither ingame economy or DE economy. Is something like the "Rested" XP in other games but with the reputation. 
What you have to keep in mind is that this things you are losing for not being able to play is what makes people login daily so they can throw it away and lose part of they players base or at least his frequency of login. 

19 hours ago, SarusMindfury said:

If the problem is the people who cant play everyday, do what others games do to help the more "casual" people. 

What if you can "stack" the unused reputation or at least a part of it? 

1 - You can Farm (MR+1)k of reputation per day (like it is right now) + an acumulative of "unused" reputation if you didnt used it in the past days(you can tweek the number)
2 - Adding a +# on the reputation you can get per day you have been offline (also acumulative to a certain point and make a restriction of a full server day or 24hs since last login)

That "acumulative" part is what can help the casual player without buffing the grinder and in the acumulative quantity you can tweek to not disrupt neither ingame economy or DE economy. Is something like the "Rested" XP in other games but with the reputation. 
What you have to keep in mind is that this things you are losing for not being able to play is what makes people login daily so they can throw it away and lose part of they players base or at least his frequency of login. 

I think that the syndicate standing should be the same across the board for new and vet players. Maby have them at 25k like the other guy said but if you havn't capped out your points for the day, whatever you didn't cap is added towards a pool of some sort or even added on top of the next day but adding a cap of 35k so theres a buffer. 

I recently also started a fresh account to try and experience the "new player experience" and so far i've been having fun with it. My experience in the game prior has allowed me to smash through the content pretty fast but i felt that there were more pressing things in the game than standing that could be addressed right off the bat. My belief is that someone who is less than mastery rank 10 isn't too interested in the midgame-high end content of syndicates but will instead farm for materials, frames or mods, hell even progression of the starchart and quests are still a prominent thing to do around that area. I know that mastery rank isn't a status of competence or how far into the game they are. On the new acc i was still MR 4 until i had to kill vey hek on earth due to the starcharts demands on the junction nodes. 

I also believe that cracked mods are an unsightly abomination that should not exist. and shirks the new player into upgrading unnecessary filler mods.  

• 3 years later...
On 2019-02-01 at 1:28 PM, captainHalide said:

Hey, so we've been playing this game for a while.  I've been here since public launch, I've had friends playing since the early access days, but a lot of us can't or don't play as much as we used to.  I'm seeing it as kind of a recurring trend amongst the employed and the parental - they have maybe one or two days off, and then five or six days of work and labour.   And if we're trying to get somewhere with standing - be it with cetus, the quills, fortuna, little duck - most of my friends are hitting a wall and leaving.  Which is a bloody shame, cuz we all love the game and love playing together, but it's been months and they're still not able to get to max rank for those sweet rewards or boss fights.  They have a day off, they play until they hit the cap, and they could be progressing further or playing more but they've come to a stop, and they feel like their time isn't being respected.

So maybe, for the sake of those of us working on call, or working two jobs, or otherwise only able to get in that one beautiful day for gaming amongst two weeks of hell, just let us grind to our hearts content.  I get that people with high mastery rank - and I'm one of them, at MR 26 - enjoy the reward of being able to progress further for having got to higher ranks.  But it's also turning away people who just get that one or two days a month where they can game until their eyeballs are sore and have little to no opportunity otherwise, and I feel like giving them the chance to plough through and make huge leaps and bounds forward in progress would help retain them as well.

I'm MR 25, the daily cap is pointless for me. When I have a goal, I like to complete it asap. Take Xaku for example. I NEED to have max Solaris standing in order to get the components to craft him. So what? I need to cap my standing for a month before I have enough to get to max rank? That's absurd! I should have the right to grind as much as I please! Who are they to determine how much I can play or what I want to do while I'm playing. By them capping standing, they're saying that I HAVE to do something else... Setting goals is the only way not to get bored in these kinds of games, since there is no ending. My goal, is to craft Xaku. At MR 25, I'm capped at 28.5k Solaris Standing, thats 1/4 of what I need to go from rank 4 to 5.... That's 4 #*!%ing days! I'm just saying, if DE doesn't change this, more people will leave. It's better to have a full community than a few pay to winners... The replies are talking about how DE needs money blah blah blah, no they don't.. At this point, it's not about them. It's about us dedicated players.

i understand the initial caps designed around the idea of not wanting to have players who are able to, chew through all the content in day 1 of release.. but after a system has been out for over a year it's just artificially lengthening the process for absolutely everyone involved - if i am able to & want to revert being hunted by new loka to being allied with them in 1 day i don't at all see why i shouldn't be allowed to

On 2022-04-01 at 10:21 AM, (PSN)Survival4134 said:

Take Xaku for example. I NEED to have max Solaris standing in order to get the components to craft him. So what? I need to cap my standing for a month before I have enough to get to max rank? That's absurd! I should have the right to grind as much as I please!

A better solution would be to just Change Xaku's Crafting Requirements rather than Changing the System to encourage Excessive and Unhealthy Grinding...

But I'm not even sure that's a good idea in the first place because Xaku is the Exact Opposite of Wukong or Gauss.... Xaku requires a significantly Higher Investment just to use Normally similar to Caliban so most players who can already make those Builds Practical will already be Max Rank with Solaris United....

In my case... On my Second Account.... I just Tossed Xaku Straight into The Helminth.... At my Current Progression his build is only going to be Cumbersome until I get the Arcane's that Fix his Clunkiness...

Who are they to determine how much I can play or what I want to do while I'm playing. By them capping standing, they're saying that I HAVE to do something else...

Well somebody has to.... Clearly some Tennis have no Self Control...

That's 4 #*!%ing days! I'm just saying, if DE doesn't change this, more people will leave.

That's it ?

I assumed you were Starting from Scratch...

Well.... I hope you stocked up on Familial Debt Bonds... 👀

, if DE doesn't change this, more people will leave.

Indeed.... But then new people will Replace them so DE isn't going to miss them... 😝

59 minutes ago, Navarc said:

i understand the initial caps designed around the idea of not wanting to have players who are able to, chew through all the content in day 1 of release.. but after a system has been out for over a year it's just artificially lengthening the process for absolutely everyone involved - if i am able to & want to revert being hunted by new loka to being allied with them in 1 day i don't at all see why i shouldn't be allowed to

And you can.... If you stocked up on the Medallions if you have levelled them before.....

Oh, hey, a three year thread necro...

On topic, though, a good idea I've seen pitched (and support) is the idea of moving to a 'weekly' standing cap. But you tie it directly to the actual Faction missions, with dedicated daily-released tasks and the ability to reclaim 'un-completed' tasks for the week if you complete the daily ones.

It's similar to Nightwave's catch-up system, but limited to just the week. You can come in on the weekend and grind out tasks for the individual factions, pick up the items that bypass the daily caps (like the Medallions for the Syndicates) or farming Radiant Shards for Focus, and earn an entire week's worth of Standing or even more just by completing these objectives.

We already have the mission-nodes for the six base Syndicates, this is just expanding that so that you have (for example) 12 daily missions you can complete, but wearing the Syndicate sigil allows you to earn specific faction rep for those nodes. And then the reward for going up MR is that these missions grant more Standing each. If you complete all 12 in a day, then any you've missed before that day will become available, going back up to a maximum of 7 days.

While this does keep a lot of the functional results of the 'daily cap' system, it's a lot more fair for the people with day jobs that prevent daily play, because you can weekend-warrior to make the same amount of progress.

On 2019-02-01 at 12:39 PM, (PSN)drollive96 said:

I really think the standing limit should be the same for everyone and not scale with mr. It seems unfair for newer players , everyone should get an even amount of daily standing , (25,000 maybe?) This Wouldn't hurt their business model and would also make it easier for newer players to progress

Terrible idea. I didn't grind all the way to Legendary 2 just to have the same daily standing as everyone else. I think at base there should be an increase but the scaling should remain. Without incentives like that then what's the point in grinding beyond MR20?

• Like 1

On 2022-04-08 at 1:06 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, hey, a three year thread necro...

On topic, though, a good idea I've seen pitched (and support) is the idea of moving to a 'weekly' standing cap. But you tie it directly to the actual Faction missions, with dedicated daily-released tasks and the ability to reclaim 'un-completed' tasks for the week if you complete the daily ones.

It's similar to Nightwave's catch-up system, but limited to just the week. You can come in on the weekend and grind out tasks for the individual factions, pick up the items that bypass the daily caps (like the Medallions for the Syndicates) or farming Radiant Shards for Focus, and earn an entire week's worth of Standing or even more just by completing these objectives.

We already have the mission-nodes for the six base Syndicates, this is just expanding that so that you have (for example) 12 daily missions you can complete, but wearing the Syndicate sigil allows you to earn specific faction rep for those nodes. And then the reward for going up MR is that these missions grant more Standing each. If you complete all 12 in a day, then any you've missed before that day will become available, going back up to a maximum of 7 days.

While this does keep a lot of the functional results of the 'daily cap' system, it's a lot more fair for the people with day jobs that prevent daily play, because you can weekend-warrior to make the same amount of progress.

This is pretty close to what I was thinking, which was to just have standing and focus caps roll over if unused. It's a good anti-unhealthy-grinding measure because it means you're never "missing out" on the ability to make progress, while DE still gets to actually limit how fast you can potentially get through stuff. One way or another you're going to need X amount of days worth of standing, but this way you aren't punished for being a healthy adult with a family and day job. The daily rewards still incentivize at least a brief daily check-in too.

Alternatively they could implement something like various MMO's anti-addiction features where after a certain amount of time offline you get a natural boost, but that would need to be very carefully thought out to avoid penalizing people who can play daily. Maybe something like World of Tanks' first-win bonus.

Edited by Shadowex3