Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Spy

Ryme

We have to respect how DE wants the game to be bite sized, but I have an idea.

A spy map spawns, with the vaults and such, maybe even more than 3.  Every so often, say using the timer on life support modules, a console goes live--not a vault, just a regular one.  There's a way point to where it is, or the area there of--maybe you can hack consoles to narrow down where it is the same way caches work if you take too long.  Once you hack the proper console it starts up again.  After doing this 3-4 times a vault goes live, data uploaded to a secure terminal, and you can steal from it.  Rinse repeat.  If you are detected/detected too often then everything goes into lockdown and you can't get into the vaults any more and have to extract.

Maybe sometimes an enemy can be carrying a key.

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem

How's this for a concept. The mission can come from Steel Meridian or the Perrin Sequence where they want to capture a ship. So a survival spy/ mobile defense mission is started on ship is question. The spy part is to open up different areas and access the handheld data modules as well as whatever information you want/ need. The mobile defense part is to rewrite the navigation codes of the ship.

Overall is can be introduced as an event similar to the Fomorain and Razorback invasions where your tasked with claiming the ships and brought onto the star-chart as a standard mission type.

On 2019-02-19 at 2:29 AM, MagPrime said:

Treat it like Interceptions, you hack 3 and Lotus tells you you can leave with the information you have, or, hack 3 more terminals, and just keep going.

Only if Vaults are much more complex and have like 10 paths to the Terminal.

And with every completed "wave" one random path gets blocked untill only 3 remain....and then these rotate randomly.  

Also, drones, lasers and cameras randomly spawn and their amount increases with each wave.

Tho i wish that this was in normal Spy missions too.  They have no variation. Once you found the "fastest" route, you can always use it and it never gets blocked...and enemy/drone positions are always same.  Boring.

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Only if Vaults are much more complex and have like 10 paths to the Terminal.

And with every completed "wave" one random path gets blocked untill only 3 remain....and then these rotate randomly.  

Also, drones, lasers and cameras randomly spawn and their amount increases with each wave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Tho i wish that this was in normal Spy missions too.  They have no variation. Once you found the "fastest" route, you can always use it and it never gets blocked...and enemy/drone positions are always same.  Boring.

I would like the ability to change the paths via hacking minigames, honestly.  Give the players the power to change things, if they want.

Personally, nothing more annoying that a Dev trying to guess what I find enjoyable and then implementing it incorrectly.  Just give us the tools to change things up a bit and leave it at that.