Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys help... i think someone threatens me more or less

Zaratul.96

Question

First I m really sorry if my english isn t that good and I m also sry for the probably misleading title. It isn t as extreme as a real threat. When I played in Hydron with my Rhino and Orthos to level, someone suddenly told me that he would report for botting or something like that. I didn t really understand what he meant and what the the problem was, so I thought that person meant the fact that i could kill the enemies without touching them, but that is easily possible with primed reach. Than that person said something else and I don t really get what he meant.... something about "walls". After that the person threatened me that he would report me and upload a video on youtube and that i can redeem what i did. But I really don t get what i did wrong. I didn t cheat or bot or whatever :(.... The only thing I could think of is that my internet is sometimes bad and there were times when my frame started glitching and the game lagged. At that time I also couldn t enter sometimes through the gates in hydron, they didn t open. So what should I do? 😞

I don t want to get banned for some glitch, bug or whatever :,(

P.S: I m also sorry for my bad inet. It isn t always that problematic and normally everthing works fine. I m also never hosting the games since I don t want to anger other players.

19 answers to this question

There's always people like this. Not only in warframe, but in all the games you'll play. They believe they are the only ones who know how the game is meant to be played and hence they "dictate" the rules of how you should play. If you don't play like they do, they'll report you or whatever.

Good news for you, if you were playing normally, just with a high ping due to bad connection, you're safe. There's nothing wrong in what you were doing and, by reporting, that person might even be punished if it's clear that they did this as a form of harrassment.

10 hours ago, Loec61 said:

At that time I also couldn t enter sometimes through the gates in hydron, they didn t open.

Might have ran into a very old bug that still happens. Other players may see you stuck in one spot at the beginning of the map, shooting at enemies through walls. All while having door won't open bug, and enemies might not see you.

I have seen the other player jump or bullet jump without moving up or anywhere, appearing to be stuck in one spot. Then that player starts saying something about cannot use terminal to start survival, and doors won't open, until I tell the player to use operator mode.

On 2019-02-12 at 2:14 AM, Loec61 said:

First I m really sorry if my english isn t that good and I m also sry for the probably misleading title. It isn t as extreme as a real threat. When I played in Hydron with my Rhino and Orthos to level, someone suddenly told me that he would report for botting or something like that. I didn t really understand what he meant and what the the problem was, so I thought that person meant the fact that i could kill the enemies without touching them, but that is easily possible with primed reach. Than that person said something else and I don t really get what he meant.... something about "walls". After that the person threatened me that he would report me and upload a video on youtube and that i can redeem what i did. But I really don t get what i did wrong. I didn t cheat or bot or whatever :(.... The only thing I could think of is that my internet is sometimes bad and there were times when my frame started glitching and the game lagged. At that time I also couldn t enter sometimes through the gates in hydron, they didn t open. So what should I do? 😞

I don t want to get banned for some glitch, bug or whatever :,(

P.S: I m also sorry for my bad inet. It isn t always that problematic and normally everthing works fine. I m also never hosting the games since I don t want to anger other players.

Don’t worry you will be fine, DE aren’t dumb as some others are. I also had that situation when someone thought I was hacking the game cuz my Nikana Prime was op. So I sent him my build on discord then he believed me lol.

people like that are just dumb people that like to troll, i just mute them and that’s it.

At some point you might want to try playing solo. Short of sorties or doing relic farming there isn't much point in playing in a group for the starchart.  A lot of teams don't communicate or run off to look for marks leaving the objective alone, etc. I like getting most of the action and I find a favorite tactic of some players is to stand in front of the enemies to block other players from getting kills, sometimes it's intentional sometimes it's just being clueless. Playing Solo also means you don't end up with horrible ping because matchmaking puts you with someone with bad internet etc. Try it, if you don't have online friends in WF it's really less irritating to do the starchart solo and you'll level faster if you do all the killing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

What to use a misleading title?

If the OP wanted to know if what they did was reportable they could have asked for our opinions. There was no need to use a misleading title.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Was it? 

They had a run in with someone who seemed to be threatening them. But they acknowledged that they were confused and didn't understand what that person was talking about. The title wasn't really misleading and bearing the apology for their English, is pretty understandable. 

They came here player helping player, to ask other players for our opinions. That's what you suggest that they should have done. Most of us gave them a "don't worry". 

Do you agree with that, or do you think that they should be worried? 

21 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Was it? 

They had a run in with someone who seemed to be threatening them. But they acknowledged that they were confused and didn't understand what that person was talking about. The title wasn't really misleading and bearing the apology for their English, is pretty understandable. 

They came here player helping player, to ask other players for our opinions. That's what you suggest that they should have done. Most of us gave them a "don't worry". 

Do you agree with that, or do you think that they should be worried? 

Really? In the first sentnce the op states :

On 2019-02-12 at 11:14 AM, Loec61 said:

sry for the probably misleading title

You and I can simply disagree as to whether the op knew or knew they probably were being misleading.

A simple "can I be reported for this" or "A player said they would report me" or something similar would be far more accurate.

The rest of the op reads to me as a classic case of "lag". With what the player is seeing and doing not being what other players are observing.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Really? In the first sentnce the op states :

You and I can simply disagree as to whether the op knew or knew they probably were being misleading.

A simple "can I be reported for this" or "A player said they would report me" or something similar would be far more accurate.

The rest of the op reads to me as a classic case of "lag". With what the player is seeing and doing not being what other players are observing.

Did you bother to read past that first sentence before you responded the first time? 

It doesn't look like you did because you advised them to do what they had already done, and didn't answer the question they posed. 

They showed how they were threatened with a spurious report. And the threat was backed up by the threat to essentially name and shame using YouTube. 

You and I might laugh at such a threat and let the person know where to get off, but the poster clearly didn't understand what was going on. It looks like they're still pretty new, and so didn't know how reports are dealt with. 

They came to ask other players what to do. Most of us said not to worry about it. You responded telling them that they should have asked us what we thought. 

So....