Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venetian Carnival Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmGZg8

Here is my submission to the contest.  It was inspired by the logos that we players have come to associate with the Ostron people and a bit of the back story.  For it has the Ostron symbol being covered by the middle part of the Lotus/Tenno Symbol (Gara Protecting the Ostron people), and the "tuning fork" as I like to call it that most Ostron people have on their heads

used a bit of influence from the Grineer and the armor shape/ camo patterns .  Then added some subtle horns as the operator is referred to as a demon by  Helminth  .

I did some searching and found someones translation of the Grineer alphabet.    I put Fear Us on the mask. I wanted it to be more of  a villains mask.

It was  rushed but hope you all enjoy.

For those interested. check this article.

http://magicofvenezia.com/history-of-venetian-masks/

sketch1551196849031_by_scottfernaays-dd0

Edited by (PS4)scottfernaays
  • Like 6

7eXMJQK.jpg 

This is a Kuaka and Pobber mask I have made for the tenno. The rings in the ear of the right side and right eye is metalic gold. The curled tails on each side on the lower half of the mask are tails that will curl on to the tennos face cheeks. The nose of the tenno will insert in between the two fangs in the bottom middle of the mask.

Edited by (PS4)gac922

Wisp Mask : For the mask , Cetus Wisps inspired me . The object at the end of the ribbons comes from the ornaments that Ostrons have on his headgear , that I find pretty . About the broken side of the mask, it comes from Umbra, i wanted to give it an air of broken or wounded wisp.

1551200092-wisp-mask.jpg

• Like 4

Influence by the wisdom of balance and harmony of dual forces in the universe, the result came out nicely however it should be slightly manipulated for the 3D Version to match with the operator design. The 3D Design should bend slightly and be worn by the face in a nice way to make the finer details "pop-out" a bit.

Here you will find my submission which I allow to be used in Warframe as the thread rules have stated in case it is chosen,

Artwork Name: Twin Wisps

Artist: Denis

IGN: TwinDenis

pop9Vma.png

More Sample Images here.

The kids of Ostron wear mask to roleplay their heroes the tenno. But every hero story need a bad guy or bad guys. Nakak already made Grineer masks. The Corpus has never attacked the plains (as far as I'm aware). What other faction had attacked the plains and spread terror to people of Cetus? ....Yep. The glistening magnificence of the Infested! Wear this infested charger mask to scare Ostron children.

e8I3nlW.jpg

• Like 6

Ok so this is the small sketch i could come up with in the shortest time, because i just din't had enough time. But, well i tried to  make it look like an  orokin mask that kids would wear at an orokin festival in the old days of the empire, again, it is just a sketch and it is very ugly. If it would be get first place (more then for sure not) it would only need some adjustments. and the waves on the sides are supposed to be that withe branches with the role of keeping the mask on the person's face

heres the link to my tweet post of it (couldn't figure out how tf to insert it here) https://twitter.com/Sebasti65793752/status/1100463418686038016

"We're survivors, you and I. While the masks we wear may be broken, they are no less beautiful, yes? Sho lah!"

D0WqHGBV4AAs8mF.jpg

Swazdo lah, Tenno! This was an incredibly fun project to work on with the opportunity to personally build upon the Ostron's story. The idea behind the mask the beauty of imperfection and how despite all their hardships, Nakak is still able to face the world with optimism and hope. I like to imagine as she goes about her day, she spots forgotten pieces left behind as parts of the Orokin tower are dismantled and carted around. She takes them home, cleans them up, and has a special box for all the shiny trinkets. With a little help from Hok (okay, with a lot of help from Hok) she was able to bind some of these pieces together to form a mask in the likeness of the Unum's tower. Backed with painted driftwood from the shore, and lined with cloth recycled from an old salvage balloon.

It was important to make sure the mask feels hand crafted and recycled. Much like a raider in the apocalypse wears tires for pauldrons and a stop sign for a chest plate, the Ostron reuse what they can regardless of its original purpose, creating the unique look of sleek Orokin design adorning more primitive tribal attire.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 9

This is my submission, a mask I haven't named. I wanted to include both the elements of the traditional Ostron style and that of the Orokin, something elegant and shiny that contrasts the other wooden half. The golden diadem of the mask represents the Unum tower.

The wooden part is removable and color changeable (along with the ribbons) and the glowing blue bits would also change depending on the operators energy color.

masks_by_zarionis_dd0rrot-pre.png

And some other color examples: 

Spoiler

masks_colors_by_zarionis_dd0rrq1-fullvie

• Like 7

My inspiration comes from the Kuaka, a small kangaroo rat-like creature on the Plains of Eidolon! (see below XD)

I honestly feel they are adorable and I always feel bad for killing them. But one must do what one must do... I guess?

ForestRodent.png

Since the challenge is to create a Venetian Mask, I left out the bottom part of the face.
I wanted to keep that visual of the head splitting open over the spines, and so its symmetrical.

It really was the first thing that came to mind when I read Warframe + Ostron XD

My clan leader also gave me some ideas to work with, but this is what I eventually came up with 😄

venetian_mask.png

For some reason I cant preview my own image. Hope this works somehow

Edit :it did work😄

when I created this mask I thought how lore-friendly and thematic the mask should be. I also took it to consideration on Nakak's crafting style and skill level.
(made using Maya and photoshop)

OqEYloB.jpg

Edited by dahakadilly
Image contained spelling mistake
  • Like 2

Hello Everyone!

my submission would be this mask. It was made in blender, rendered with cycles render, it uses texture files that are strictly free to use (taken from copyright-free picture website)

The mask was entirely designed by me, every single one of its vertices. This really took me a long time as i'm a newbie in blender. The mask is inspired by a kind of "new loka" style.

cdI79av.pngjLsAH8L.pngSHnv3dT.pngyXjcQDW.pngugM4er9.pngoxNzwGc.pngLEu84xw.png

Welp i had another idea, but i'd like to submit this one instead, i hope it meet's your requirement's, to whom ever hit's the top five well done.

If names are allowed i'd like this to be dubbed the Plains Punisher mask, or Phantom of the Plains mask, that is if this gets selected ofcourse, thanks again for the contest.

the idea came from a story i will be making, in short between the efforts of Nakak and a certain Tenno, an ex- Steel meridian soldier and some hacking, The Grineer now have a monster they check their closets for, and it isn't a tenno either but a spirit born from them and hell bent on vengence. don this mask to help the grineer remember that no one, not even the queens are safe from punishment.

The Grineer mask would be Primary color, the jaw if possible a metallic secondary, the bone fanges and ornaments tertiary, the eye patches accents, and the scars would be energy, if not the black part of the mask could be energy based, or the ornaments ends could be, your mask now, your call

CQM3hkM.jpg

Edited by The97thsurvivor

D0Xm63WXgAAMwzm.jpg

DONE!!! Finally! I wanted to add some folds to the cloth on the orange cloth, but I couldn't wrap my head around it for whatever reason. 
(pun not intended, but I'll take it lol)

All materials already exist in-game. Tower ceramics for the mask proper, metallic material is the same as the glass wind chime ornament, rings & coloured glass from same ornament. Fabrics from various canvases in Cetus.

• Like 1

My mask is based in colors and materials of cestus plains.

The yellow is from a mix of grokdrul and fish oil, the blue is from Tear azurite gem. The red is from Charc electroplax and the Gray was extracted from Mortus horn. Some details was based on Grineer.

This mask represents Happiness and Sorrow. Cause we Tennos always will be with a War Within.

Because in war the Happiness came from the glory. And the Sorrow from the destruction that war brings. I draw manually. Thanks for this event.

Gessica.aSvIK2c.jpg

Warframe_Mask_Contest_Entry.pngOstron Festive Mask - "Smile"

I tried having a unique mask by creating a design that is more fun and whimsical, something you could see the Ostron children running around in. I used more primal aesthetics such as wood, stone, and fabric as well in order to stick with the Ostron style. I made sure as well to make the mask similar to Nakak's other masks where it covers the entire head and has an almost paper mache texture to it. I hope you like it, since I pretty much this in an hour and a half all at once during school. 

Made by Nicholas Lobaugh

IGN: UpsideDownSmore

• Like 2

Warframe Venetian Mask Idea~ https://imgur.com/gallery/DBPVUvR

I'm an Ember main and went ahead with an Ember inspired mask. (The feathers were as close to flames as I could get my hands on(the glitter/gems are supposed to look like Energy as well... :v) and the mask I made with paper and loads of glue

Edited by (XB1)Lancer7O7
I edited to add a description