The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condition Overload

Linkee

Hello!

Need some clarification on Condition Overload mod + some status effect math:

- Does it increase my damage on a target affected by status effects, or does it increase my damage globally?
- How can you achieve more than a 5 status effects, when there are only 5 unique status effects you can have at a time (slash, impact, puncture and 2 elements). Unless it counts the status instances, eg multiple slash procs, I don't know.

Im planning to use it on my corrosive 100% status chance Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Since corrosive status has no duration, does that mean the damage will increase permanently?

Edited by Linkee

22 minutes ago, Linkee said:

Hello!

Need some clarification on Condition Overload mod + some status effect math:

- Does it increase my damage on a target affected by status effects, or does it increase my damage globally?
- How can you achieve more than a 5 status effects, when there are only 5 unique status effects you can have at a time (slash, impact, puncture and 2 elements). Unless it counts the status instances, eg multiple slash procs, I don't know.

Im planning to use it on my corrosive 100% status chance Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Since corrosive status has no duration, does that mean the damage will increase permanently?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Condition_Overload

Condition Overload is a melee mod that grants extra damage based on the amount of different types of status effect currently affecting the target.

Since Update 20.0, Corrosive procs permanently linger on enemies which allows them to add bonus damage despite having no actual proc duration.

Condition Overload increases your total melee damage, based on the number of status effects on your target.

Well, I have a Condition Overload Lesion with a single Vicious Frost which I pair with my Saryn. Lesion's IPS + Lesion's special Toxin proc, which sometimes combine with Vicious Frost into a Viral proc + Toxin proc from Saryn's 3 + Corrosive proc from Saryn's 1 = 7 different possible status effects. As you can imagine, my Saryn is a beast in melee. I think the Plague Kripath can also do something similar.

And yes, Corrosive proc should mean permanent Condition Overload damage boost, though you'll likely not notice it because you'll kill things so quickly.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

It only increases damage on the target with status effects on it.

- How can you achieve more than a 5 status effects, when there are only 5 unique status effects you can have at a time (slash, impact, puncture and 2 elements).

There are like 14 status effects actually, and you can get multiple status effects on a target by using multiple weapons.

I just tested Corrosive just now and it gave increased damage after the proc so Corrosive works fine with it with Exalted Blade.

An example of stacking status effects for CO is:

I have Corrosive + Blast on Torid, Radiation + Viral on Pox, Electric augments for Diriga, Magnetic + Heat on Sentinel weapon, and IPS + Gas (Toxin) + Cold on Valkyr Claws setup I use for M. Alad V sorties.

Torid and Pox projectile aoes linger a bit keeping their status effects applied as I spin with Warcry + Hysteria while Diriga does its thing.

Then I dramatically walk away from Mutalist Alad V as he pulls off his collar and explodes from bleeding damage that probably does several orders of magnitude more damage than he has max HP.

• Like 1

So... if my Excal gets a corrosive proc on a target, and he only deals corrosive, that means I will only get 60% dmg increase on a target, or will it get higher every time a new corrosive proc takes place up to a maximum?

And, can combined elements, eg corrosive, proc electricity and toxin separately?

Just now, Linkee said:

So... if my Excal gets a corrosive proc on a target, and he only deals corrosive, that means I will only get 60% dmg increase on a target, or will it get higher every time a new corrosive proc takes place up to a maximum?

And, can combined elements, eg corrosive, proc electricity and toxin separately?

Multiple of the same proc will not add to CO's damage multiplier.

Combined elements cannot proc its base elements, with the exception of Gas which procs Toxin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linkee said:

Just one time for every element. But they can also be effected with impact, slash and puncture projects that also triggers CO. Also keep in mind that 2 status effects dont deal 60+60% damage. It is multipicative and with that a hole lot stronger! A good zaw with 100% status chance is godlike. That's the reason why the plague star zaw with build in viral damage are considered the best melees in the game. They can have up to 6 status effect types and that with CO will kill anything.

Also, remember your energy color in exalted blade is an element. For chromatic blade I usually go corrosive + red energy color which gives me fire. That makes 2 elements so it adds another multiplier and a little bit of light CC. If you have enough power strength you can use the 90 elementals instead of the 60-60 which gives even more damage. After that you can add damage, berserker, crit chance and multiplier and shred anything that gets in front of you.

2 more small things: the waves don't add to the combo so blood rush and such don't work well with chromatic blade. Also in a few days, with the first part of the melee rework you'll be able to combine shooting a weapon with using exalted blade, meaning you can have a high status area weapon with other elements on it to shoot the enemies beforehand and ramp up the damage even higher. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Linkee said:

So I can "only" get 60% damage increase on my Excal's Exalted Blade - is that good, or worth using?

It's 60% of your total modded value, so yes.

Definitely worth trying to get more status effects somehow, something like the Taxon or Artax or whatever that has a guaranteed cold proc will be helpful. Each additional proc increases the damage by a greater and greater amount.

1 proc may only increase damage by 60% (which is still good) but 2 procs will increase it by 156%. A third will increase it by 310%. Definitely go for more procs if you can.

• Like 1

il y a 26 minutes, Linkee a dit :

So I can "only" get 60% damage increase on my Excal's Exalted Blade - is that good, or worth using?

Considering your moddong options it's still strong. This because it's a total damage multiplier opposed to the usual additively stacking buffs. 

So basically let's say you have pressure point on and the steel charge aura. You have a total of +180% base dmg. If you wer to slot Spoiled Strike (which is a S#&$ mod, don't use it, it's just for comparison) your total dmg bonus would go from +180% to +280%, but the total damage increase would be +36%.

And consider Condition Overload does not care one wee bit where the proc comes from. So for instance you can use a viral+radiation Artax on your sentinel modded for status chance and firerate which gives you additional 3 procs on a target (viral, rad and the automatic cold proc). At that point Condition Overload would work as follows:

x1.6 for corrosive

x1.6 for cold

x1.6 for viral plus halved hp

x1.6 for radiation

Total multiplier being 1.6x1.6x1.6x1.6x2 (for viral halving health), so x13.1 (or +1210% total dmg). 

If you have a team mate like Saryn or Oberon that spreads procs, you profit off that as well. Same with other stuff like people using status based weapons, using a Zenistar etc. 

Consider also this, if you go for chromatic blade on excalibur I'd personally suggest going for 2x90% elemental mods for corrosive and the base damage to be eother Heat or Cold, since that way you get 2 procs while still retaining relevant corrosive proc weight (about 63%). That way you'd get 2 procs off Exalted Blade alone, which give a total of +156% total damage. 

Edited by Autongnosis
  • Like 1

My Exalted Blade mods:
- Sacrificial Steel
- Sacrificial Pressure
- Berserk
- Fury
- Spoiled Strike
- Shocking Touch
- Life Strike
Using Chromatic Blade with green energy colour for toxin + shocking touch - corrosive. One slot is empty atm, so I was thinking about throwing in the Condition Overload. Also thinking about changing Spoiled Strike and/or Fury for 90 toxin or any other 90 ele mod.

Edit: why is Spoiled Strike bad?

Edited by Linkee

This is my build: sac steel, sac pressure, condition overload, healing return, organ shatter, berserker, shocking touch and fever strike. Red energy color for fire. 

I believe healing return works better than life strike because it gives you healing for every enemy the waves impact while life strike consumes energy for every enemy it hits (has a dangerous tendency to deplete your energy at the worst moments). Also if you're using your 2 often you won't really need a lot of healing. 

If you remove spoiled strike and put another element instead you'll get a higher damage multiplier, and at the same time remove the need for Fury, then you can have organ shatter and get a higher overall damage. 

I usually also have Taxon with me because of the cold procs (another multiplier) and overshields, which are affected by the 60% damage reduction exalted blade provides. 

Edited by Amhiel

il y a 30 minutes, Amhiel a dit :

I believe healing return works better than life strike because it gives you healing for every enemy the waves impact while life strike consumes energy for every enemy it hits

Just did some testing and it seems Life Strike does take a fixed amout of energy, no matter how many targets you hit (it was always ~8 energy on R0). I like the instant HP recovery of Life Strike, but I dislike energy management with it; Hunter Adrenaline helps a lot, but one "too much" hit and you might find youself without energy, so that you need to control your HP/Ene at all times. The Healing Return might work better, if only you're tanky enough.

My current Excalubur build looks like this:
- Steel Charge and Power Drift
- All 3 Umbrals (they are still R5)
- Hunter Adrenaline
- Transient Fortitude and Primed Continuity to counter dura loss
- Chromatic Blade
- Streamline

Which leaves me at 128% dura, 130% effi, 100% range and 206% str. Arcanes I use (the only one I have): Fury and Strike. I'd gladly switch to Healing Return, but I first need to R10 my Umbrals. Then I can throw away Hunter Adrenaline (theoretically) and put in Adaptation - that way I could probably sustain from Helaing Return's heal. Can also change Transient Fortitude for Energy Conversion, so that I might be able to manage the energy drain.

Edit: Sorry for kinda offtop.

Edited by Linkee

51 minutes ago, Linkee said:

My current Excalubur build looks like this:
- Steel Charge and Power Drift
- All 3 Umbrals (they are still R5)
- Hunter Adrenaline
- Transient Fortitude and Primed Continuity to counter dura loss
- Chromatic Blade
- Streamline

You can minimize Exalted Blade energy cost by using maxed streamline and fleeting expertise, assuming you aren't using Blind Rage. If you use Transient Fortitude with this, you need to use any duration mod to counter its negative duration.

• Like 1

Tbh you don't need quite as much strenght for any kind of content. Excalibur has some of the highest DPS even just with Umbral Intensify alone, i wouldn't stack more strenght in there but instead work on survivability, efficiency and duration to be able to use Blind and Dash at will. 

If anything the most important part of Exalted Blade dps is on the weapon mods. 

Since you are asking for excal. You should have corrosive + heat/cold using chromatic blade augment.

Also de right click combo force an impact proc so that makes for 3 status effects.

Since CO its mutiplicative with itself that means a 310% damage increase (309.6 rounded up)

• Like 1