Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You can do about 60% of Nightwave for rank 30 without convict captures.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Rufnax said:

- Snip -

1. AFAIK, only when you reach rank 30 you can reset the rank and fram Wolf Cred... But I would love if we can choose the reward each rank between the item in each rank or Wolf cred, if you don't want the item too.

2. Well, they do... They just do all challenge and they'll get about 43k of point and get 4 rank each week. While me on the other hand only do weekly and daily and got only about 2-3 rank per week. So basically, they'll reach rank 30 faster while casual player like me will barely make it to rank 30 in time.

I think instead of lower the point each rank, prolonging the Act would be more benefit. Or better to just let people choose what Act they want to do and not really remove the older Act. Each week they can choose what Act they'll do and cannot change until next week come. Something like that...

My problem isn't that the 60 minutes is hard (Because, frankly, it isn't. It's just really, really boring and I won't be able to play in my preferred way whilst doing it)

It's that this really IS hostile to players with less time, because an hour is a large investment for that kind of reward. It's very likely for a reasonable chunk of the playerbase they don't have that kind of time in one go. The other challenges could, with a bit of forethought, be completed in very little time if somebody had to rush. For example - run the ESO one set up to stay for 8-ish rounds solo. You'd easily hit the Sanctuary Onslaught act, the 500 enemies and quite probably the 100 eximus due to how many eximus spawn in ESO.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Rufnax said:

why people always assuming that everyone can play daily? Dude what when I just can play from time to time every 2-3 wekks? I know that I am not allowed to get the Armor set in that instance and I am even ok with that. DE trying to reward all the no-lifer hardcore players here and I get that but seriously I will need about 3 weeks to get 50 wolf credits to then get some nitain extract? WTF?! There should be another option to earn wolf credits or atleast they should not disappear as soon as the season ends.

I completed last week's elite and weekly nightwave challenges (all) on Friday and Saturday spread between 2 sessions. All after dinner. So only a couple of hours each. Power gamers in my clan finished it in a single session on Saturday night. 

Granted being well equipped and having similarly equipped clanners / alliance members helps a ton (tridolon was done in a pug, but all were high MR with extensive experience and geared amps, all 3 died well under 20 mins). But i have missed out on the dallies so I will be slower *shrug*

Edited by fatpig84

For dumb people like me, who can't count for their life, what does 60% exactly mean?,

It might be painfully obvious, but for numbers like this don't make sense, unless it's explained to me. Even more so in a game like Warframe 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

22 hours ago, (XB1)Rufnax said:

DE: Creating Time investment reward system

Player without a lot of free time to invest: complain

DE: PikachuShockmeme.png

More like

Players: want rewards and something to do

DE: releases a system that rewads players for playing the game

Players with almost no time: PikachuShockmeme.png

• 1 month later...

60% isn't correct at all. I started on the 4th week (have done them all since), because I didn't know during the 3rd week that it would go away and I would have to start over again. I am currently only at 150,000, I have done every single challenge since.

Fugitives, I only see them once every 10 missions, and they only give 150 total. Fugitives DO NOT make up missing any challenge at all.

I have only seen wolf twice since then, and again, his fugitives only give 150 total standing. So Wolf himself gives nothing towards standing.

36,000, plus the 6 dailies, I guess it supposed to be 7? only nets 43,000 standing.

That means you need 7 weeks to hit 30, of getting every single challenge done, out of 10 weeks for 300,000; which means I was screwed from the start once I found out that my standing would reset and I there would be a whole new episode. Also, that's more like 70%, or 69.76%. People need to know, especially people just now coming in, that they haven't a butterfly's chance in hell to hit 30, or 29 for the umbral forma.

The event started on Feb 27th; at 10 weeks from that date, it *might* end on may 8th?

IF it ends on May 8th or the following Sunday (since it resets on Sunday, instead of the day it was released, derpa herp) That means right now, there are 4 weeks left. Then I might actually be able to make it to 30.

But knowing DE for all these years, it most likely will literally just end and a new already coded episode will pop in on Sunday, May 5th, meaning that there are only 3 weeks left. I would still need another 20,000 standing to hit 30, and fugitives have never spawned enough nor do they give enough to cover that, even in 3 weeks.

In any case; I admit I do play a lot when I do play warframe, I can't even imagine what it might be like for some one else who doesn't have the time, but would like to when they do have the time, to expect to reach rank 30, as they would have to complete every challenge for 7 weeks to hit 30.

Lastly, as usual, we are given little real information to go on, and are left to speculate IF we will be able to acquire or achieve things we want to, which I think is what helps cause a lot of frustration especially to new players with warframe.

Edited by Argenex

54 minutes ago, Argenex said:

60% isn't correct at all. I started on the 4th week (have done them all since), because I didn't know during the 3rd week that it would go away and I would have to start over again. I am currently only at 150,000, I have done every single challenge since.

Fugitives, I only see them once every 10 missions, and they only give 150 total. Fugitives DO NOT make up missing any challenge at all.

I have only seen wolf twice since then, and again, his fugitives only give 150 total standing. So Wolf himself gives nothing towards standing.

36,000, plus the 6 dailies, I guess it supposed to be 7? only nets 43,000 standing.

That means you need 7 weeks to hit 30, of getting every single challenge done, out of 10 weeks for 300,000; which means I was screwed from the start once I found out that my standing would reset and I there would be a whole new episode. Also, that's more like 70%, or 69.76%. People need to know, especially people just now coming in, that they haven't a butterfly's chance in hell to hit 30, or 29 for the umbral forma.

The event started on Feb 27th; at 10 weeks from that date, it *might* end on may 8th?

IF it ends on May 8th or the following Sunday (since it resets on Sunday, instead of the day it was released, derpa herp) That means right now, there are 4 weeks left. Then I might actually be able to make it to 30.

But knowing DE for all these years, it most likely will literally just end and a new already coded episode will pop in on Sunday, May 5th, meaning that there are only 3 weeks left. I would still need another 20,000 standing to hit 30, and fugitives have never spawned enough nor do they give enough to cover that, even in 3 weeks.

In any case; I admit I do play a lot when I do play warframe, I can't even imagine what it might be like for some one else who doesn't have the time, but would like to when they do have the time, to expect to reach rank 30, as they would have to complete every challenge for 7 weeks to hit 30.

Lastly, as usual, we are given little real information to go on, and are left to speculate IF we will be able to acquire or achieve things we want to, which I think is what helps cause a lot of frustration especially to new players with warframe.

They don't have anything to gain by just cutting people off without a warning. I think that is the whole reason they didn't set a hard end-date to begin with. This is an experiment, and they wont know what a good time frame is until they approach their original goal of 10-11 weeks. At that point, they'll have data that they can review to see what percentage of active players completed Nightwave, and what percentage of players almost completed it, and whether or not an extra week or two would benefit a large portion of the population. However, if most players already completed it, or most players that didn't complete it would still need more than 1-2 weeks then I doubt we'll see an extension.

I don't think DE withheld a specific date from us to be malicious, I think they just very much want to remain flexible and work with the player-base to determine what a fair and feasible time frame is. I think an unintended consequence has been that many players have felt paranoid about not having a specific end-date, which has lead many people to do 100% completion each week even when they didn't need or want to. But I very much suspect that next season, DE will have a firm time frame and termination date for us.

I agree that more information needs to be made, but I very much view this as a trial run and I wouldn't stress too much about numbers. Easier said than done, I know. In any case, best of luck!

• Like 1

Kinda think the fugitive standing is rather pathetic as it hardly provides a nice little bonus, especially for those behind or not doing all of the challenges. Not sure if I'm gonna reach the final rank at this rate as I really didn't have the motivation to go through these challenges vs my own time when it first came about, but not looking forward to season 2...