Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If warframe uses RTX how is it going to use it?

Deshiel

According to Steam hardware survey,

0.17% of people own RTX 2070
0.09% of people own RTX 2080
0.06% of people own RTX 2080TI

...And none of the consoles have it.  So, if you're a game studio running a F2P action game that's been continually updated for 6 years, you probably wouldn't invest any effort on DXR yet.

• Like 2

I agree with the others, it`s unlikely WF will use it anytime soon.

If they did, probably for (indirect) lighting rather than reflections. But that`s just my own guess, because I find that to have more visual impact.
Then again, if that time ever comes, devs can probably use it for both.

I believe DE will be more interested in exploiting the DLSS in the RTX cards than the Ray Tracing, just saying. We may get nicer reflections and as someone said, indirect lighting, but i doubt that is going to be the main focus in a fast paced shooter where you don't have time to stare at small details.

(If you are wondering, yes, I am saving money to get an RTX 2070 and up card once my current PC dies. RTX technologies are too new and unused in games to be relevant now anyway, so I don't want to pay $1000s for something that is basically extra and useless, especially if RTX 21XXs start coming out when they actually become relevant)

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I believe DE will be more interested in exploiting the DLSS in the RTX cards than the Ray Tracing

Unless this can be used outside Nvidia cards, without Nvidia middleware, I don't think DE is interested. They'd rather put work into something that would actually work across PC and consoles than something locked to PCs with a specific GPU.

• Like 1

Probably not.

If de ever consider using it.

Probably we got a better light effect.

Particle and physics. Maybe nvdia hair works for kubrow and our operator hair.

Ray trace and dlss is probably thrown out of the window. That will need a major overhaul 

18 hours ago, Deshiel said:

If warframe uses RTX how is it going to use it?

There was an odd Devstream not to long ago with just Rebecca and Steve.   In that one they mentioned one particular Dev on DE's team is REALLY into RTX, its possibilities and the stuff associated with it.   If it happens, likely not for a long time.  

Personally I hope not.   First, if going by the current offering, Nvidia's sub $350 offerings will be non RTX cards.   And considering that even the higher end ones struggle with it, it would crush low end cards.   Second, I don't like proprietary stuff being part of games on PC.   As it means you are eliminating a good portion of the player base from using those features.   RTX drops a good chunk of both Nvidias players and all of AMDs.