Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Issues: 24.4.2: Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Partner and I have identical systems with wireless 360 controllers.  Had to reset to defaults to be able to shoot (thanks for that), and then after the last fix my controller worked but partner's controller no longer worked except stick moving the mouse in menu.  Resetting to defaults didn't help there.  Restarting Steam seems to have returned functionality.

BTW would be nice to someday have the transference-locks-ability-menu controller bug go away so we don't have to constantly work around it.

Edited by TyrianMollusk

I haven't experienced that issue. I'm using a PS4 controller, just started playing about a week ago and always noticed that there were some things I just couldn't do mostly relating to menu UI's. On a hunch I checked the controller configuration Steam had applied and noticed that it was VERY complex and mostly emulating mouse movement and keyboard commands while at the same time Warframe was seeing it as a controller. So Warframe was like, "Why are not not pressing A? I'm clearly prompting you to hit A. Stop pressing enter."

I had to disable Steam's controller support for Warframe because when it's on the mouse can't click on anything.  That also would be nice to get fixed.

And if I start Warframe without turning the controller on first, it will never pick up on it and I have to exit and restart it.

• Like 1

Just now, freemanonearth said:

I can not rebind melee channel, it is stuck on my right thumb stick which is where I have always had toggle crouch.

Yeah, they just took setting that away from us with one of the hotfixes.  Made some crack about breaking some eggs, just to rub in how little they care about controller players (like releasing a mainline update without even checking controllers didn't make that clear enough).

• Like 2

Hello I'm Using a Ps4 Controller run through DS4 (This means its recognized as a 360 Controller) I wanted to say overall good work as this patch seems to have fixed most issues that were brought about by the mainline, I will mention the the often brought up sometimes the controller just doesn't work aside from the left stick bug is still around and I'd still liked to see it fixed. Aside from that the other minor bug I am experiencing is that the button to preform block combos is currently L2 and not R2 as is stated in the menu.

Please do not simply change the menus and leave this as the only way to play it is extremely annoying as it forces me to play with an awkward two finger claw on the side of my controller as to properly use my slide mid combo with the block combos. I would very much like to see the *Combo Button* (I cant think of another name for it atm), become its own keybind that we can place as desired, I'm trying to tolerate the new set up as is atm but it makes my hand cramp up horribly please fix this so we can use the buttons as used previously.

Overall aside from this great work on the melee system. Thanks for always working so hard for us.

PS. Please actually fix melee Channeling keybinding, don't just leave it as this somewhat halfassed solution. I can understand the necessity of this in the short term so people can actually use them at all, but we should be able to keybind our controllers as well as people can there keyboards, don't just lock us out of options.

Edited by Aashuaa

56 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We will investigate this problem. Right now, I'm playing with a Wired XB360 Controller with no issue, so we're trying to determine the problem!

After the hotfix, my controller is working correctly now.  Thanks.

Xbox One Elite Controller

Stand-Alone Client on

Windows 10 preview build 1903

There is still a bug where I can not melee at all with controller. Restoring to default does nothing. I can only use melee if i am using a glaive however i can not melee if i only have the glaive out. Also if i switch to only melee there is no way to switch back to primary or secondary weapons. Restarting steam or my pc does nothing either. I use a ps4 controller. (did not see controller mega thread so this is a repost from the hot fix thread)

• Like 1

I'm currently using a wired Xbox 360 controller on Steam/PC that is only inoperable when playing Warframe as of today, playing on the most recent Windows 7 OS update. Also the W and S keys on the keyboard will just sometimes not work.

With the steam controller can't run, can't use the gyro, can't scroll and after the update logging in with the steam controller was so incredibly difficult I should get an achievement for finally being able too lol. Win 10 1809, ryzen7 1700, RX 580 8gb, 16gbs ram. my specs if that helps any. also, no rebooting my pc did not help nor did running steam in big picture mode help any at all.

I also cannot melee using a controller after the melee weapon has been drawn. I also cannot aim down sights once the melee weapon is drawn, which means I have to manually switch back to my ranged weapon using Y on my wired XBox 1 controller. I tried the "melee on fire button" setting as well, which did not fix the issue. I also cannot melee using a controller after the melee weapon has been drawn. I also cannot aim down sights once the melee weapon is drawn, which means I have to manually switch back to my ranged weapon using Y on my wired XBox 1 controller. I tried the "melee on fire button" setting as well, which did not fix the issue. 

• Like 1

Steam, Windows 7 Elitebook 8460p, DX10, 64bit laptop using PowerA ps3 generic wired controller with steam controller configuration, as so far same issue for melee. restarted computer and still same issue, unequipped primary and secondary, still nothing with melee on controller

Edited by Fairmoon

If you are using steam and an Xbox 360/Elite Controller, try the following:

In steam, right-click Warframe->Properties

At the bottom of the General tab, change the Steam Per-Game Input Setting to "Forced Off"

It disables DE's "controller mode" integration with Steam and set things back to how there were before whatever update that was back whenever.  I've just tested this now, after I downloaded the update and I haven't had any controller issues so far.  Everything is working as it should be.  If you need to rebind, you can use the Xbox Accessories app from the desktop in Windows 10.

Not sure how doing this will affect a Steam controller, but it should work with a PS4 controller as well.

Another XB1 controller here. Initially no input worked like others stated, but also like others stated it seems fine after a steam restart thank goodness. The only thing obstructing me from my normal control scheme since the main update (and persists) is that I can't boost in archwing now, using LB normally.

And after trying to fix this, I no longer have alt fire on my LB since we can't change the melee channeling, so I said no to saving changes but it did it anyway...... so now I can't boost in archwing or use alt fire. I literally never use melee channeling, why do we have to be forced to have it bound to an input... It's already sharing the button with crouch/slide/roll by default so why can't we have it share something else?

PS4 controller was working fine last night right after the update, today not so much. Can only swing my weapon once and then i have to switch weapons just to get out of being locked in that. really sucks for excalibur since i cant use exalted blade at all...

• Like 1

I use a PS4 controller through Steam software not through DS4 Windows. I can log in again and do everything else except Melee. I have restarted my computer, set the controller to default in game and through steam and it still doesn't work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KosmicKerman said:

Yeah, weird stuff happens when DE changes the defaults for controllers. The only repeatable fix I've found is resetting to default configuration and then rebinding. Sometimes you have reset to default, quit, relog, and then rebind to get the changes to stick.

Defaulting in this instance is unacceptable as an option for me at present. They made melee channel un-rebindable today and I wrestled with altering my keybinding to keep a semblance of what I had prior to the phase1 last night. I got it to work but had to sacrifice alt-fire, since it can't be bound with channel unless it is on the default (the right stick press), which I currently use for toggle crouch. The sticks are basically my navigation/movement tools. I've played this way for, give or take a few bindings, the entire time I've been playing Warframe. Changing that for a week or so would be incredibly awkward due to that built up familiarity. Currently, I'm having a similar issue with others mentioned above. The game does not respond to controller input apart from when I use the stick to move a cursor in menus.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434), 
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Motherboard:  Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-OP
Graphics card: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Going to try a system restart once Warframe is done verifying, and will edit this post if the restart fixes the issue as some users have reported above. 

Restarting fixed input detection. The only remaining issue in my case appears to be a lack of controller input detection on the login screen, which is fairly inconsequential. 

Edited by Wolfglaive
Status update

I play on using a DS4 controller and DS4Windows so windows actually recognizes it properly. I have no connection issues, BUT, due to the new melee changes causing melee channeling to only bind to aim, fire, or quick melee, I cannot use the controller at all. Quick melee isn't in the list of bind options at all, just regular 'melee attack', which channeling refuses to be bound to. However, when I bind it to aim or fire, it completely overrides those inputs, so when I try to do the action its bound to, my melee just glows on my back, meaning I can either choose to not aim at all, or not fire at all.

My preferred config has secondary fire on R1 for easy access, originally because I used the Panthera's alt fire a lot, but now i'm used to it. I put the ability menu on L3, and sprint on R3. Obviously not everyone would use this set up but iv'e not had any issues with it.

What I think would work best is allow it to bind to its own key if I so chose (left and right on the D-pad are mostly dead buttons for me) or allow it to bind to secondary fire.